Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: How much PT will Kleinsasser get?

Two Tight end formation is gonna be awesome...Klien...wiggins...richardson...taylor... oh boy oh boy i cant wait

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I don't Jimmy will catch a lot of balls, but he'll be instrumental this season. As already said, especially in the Red Zone and the running game.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Childress Pleased with WR, TE Progress

"singersp" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    My bad -- I was thinking of the indoor practice facility at Winter Park. I think they did AC that. But there is no indoor facility at Mankato I don't believe. So it looks like they are just gonna have to beat the heat other ways.
    Beat the heat in Minnesota? Imagine it down south.. Texas, Louisianna, Georgia, Florida, Arizona...
    But do you get the 100% relative humidity like we do up here? :wink:

It's a combination of both that takes it's toll.
    Having moved from MN to Louisiana.... there is a difference. MN has a few days of humid weather, down here it's 5 months of 90%+ humidity... it's killer. There is nothing like it and words can't explain what August is like...

If anybody has lived in the desert and anywhere around here, post some comparisons.... all I have is hearsay.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Benet" wrote:
    I don't Jimmy will catch a lot of balls, but he'll be instrumental this season. As already said, especially in the Red Zone and the running game.
    I really see J.k blazin trails and occasional side line or quick routes receptions. J.w will get most of the ballz tossed his way but i really do believe that BChill will have some trick plays for J.k goal line and short yardage.

we are gonna have a running game again!!!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    My bad -- I was thinking of the indoor practice facility at Winter Park. I think they did AC that. But there is no indoor facility at Mankato I don't believe. So it looks like they are just gonna have to beat the heat other ways.
    Beat the heat in Minnesota? Imagine it down south.. Texas, Louisianna, Georgia, Florida, Arizona...
    But do you get the 100% relative humidity like we do up here? :wink:

It's a combination of both that takes it's toll.
    Having moved from MN to Louisiana.... there is a difference. MN has a few days of humid weather, down here it's 5 months of 90%+ humidity... it's killer. There is nothing like it and words can't explain what August is like...

If anybody has lived in the desert and anywhere around here, post some comparisons.... all I have is hearsay.
    I grew up in Mn Duluth, 18 yrs, lived in iowa 2 yrs, Arizona (tempe, phoenix) 5 months, Cali 8 months, Colorado (telluride) 5 yrs and Athens Greece 8 yrs.. (did spend bout 4 months in New Or. but had to leave)

I can honestly say i've seen HOT and COLD extremes!! and all i can say is..

1. When people say "Ohh it's a dry heat" when it gets over 100 or (35c i think) i tell them. "So is your oven but do u put yer head in there?"

2. Humidity sucks in the summer/winter!! in the summer it's like an extra "f$%k U" from the sun!! it makes u sweaty, sticky and all for the wrong reasons!!" in the winter especially in MN it makes the air freeze on you.. litteraly!! duluth was amazingly cold because of it..

3. in Greece I see regurly 100 - 118 (35 - 43c) for 2 months here.. it doesn't drop below 100!! and it's HOT!! there is humidity but not a lot..
    but when it's so hot that the clouds bake away and drop their dust instead of holding them to make rain.. or the black top on the road begins running down the drain.. something's wrong!!!

no matter what though anything above 100 is just HOT.. gimmie a kewl 75 - 80 and i'd be happy for 3 months.. then gimmie snow and ICE!!!!!!

it's all a conditioning thing.. depending on how your body grew up and what conditions it endured define what are it's-- perect temps --

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Del Rio Guest

I would be surprised if you see many 2TE formations. I will be really surprised if you see any 2TE formations with a FB on the field. If you do that means you have 1WR on the play and no threat of spreading the field. Which means the safties are going to be all over anything you are going to throw at them.

If you have a 2TE set with a FB on the field and no HB then you are in goal line.

Sorry but Jermaine Wiggins is not fast, Jimmy is not fast. Your not going to beat anyone in a 2TE set with a FB on the field. Our TE's specialize in finding gaps in a zone. If we run that setup there will be no reason for the team to run a zone. The LB's will have free roam one to shadow Brad Johnson and the rest to double, or even worse put on pressure. Because if you run a 2TE set with a FB, then your looking at 4 passing threats centered in the field. Which keeps the defense compact and allows them to makes 2 step adjustments instead of 10 steps.

If Richardson is on the field and suspect he will be on the field ALOT then you can bet your ass that there will be one TE.

As far as the earlier comments about Childress always saying we need to improve. It has nothing to do with covering his ass. This is sports. You want your players always striving to improve. You will never hear a coach say, we have arrived you all played great. You could blow out a team 52-0 and you would still be watching video of your mistakes.

It has nothing to do with covering his ass.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234