Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Childress' playcalling

i thought Confucius say, "if our offensive doesnt get into shape the seahawks defense could have a field day gol' darnit!!!"

or something along those lines.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"CStephanRun13" wrote:
    Play calling is bad...I wonder why Brad the vet doesn't take charge when he sees yet another bogus call...?
    He isn't given the option to flat-out call his own play - that much has been documented elsewhere.
    At best, he's given two running plays or passing plays from the same formation of which he can chose one.

I saw him audible twice yesterday - I may have missed a couple.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Its fun that Brian Billick was an "offensive genius". Its even more fun that Tony Dungy is a defensive guru. The NFL is crazy. Childress imo, will get the O going, but, man is it painful while we wait.

I think # 5 on the list is the biggest problem. Its just gonna take some time. The Vikes are doing MUCH better than I thought they were going to with new scheme's and coaches. Tomlin should be a head coach.

Play calling? To me, that is a difficult one to say. You have someone on the other side calling things too, that affects the calls. But, there again, Childress is new at that too.

For now, I think they should punt the ball everytime we get it in the first three quarters (except the first drive). Then the defense can score us some points and keep us in the game. If the Offense only plays the first drive and the fourth quarter, the stats will look about the same for them, including time of possesion. =P.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"UTVikfan" wrote:

Its fun that Brian Billick was an "offensive genius". Its even more fun that Tony Dungy is a defensive guru. The NFL is crazy. Childress imo, will get the O going, but, man is it painful while we wait.

I think # 5 on the list is the biggest problem. Its just gonna take some time. The Vikes are doing MUCH better than I thought they were going to with new scheme's and coaches. Tomlin should be a head coach.

Play calling? To me, that is a difficult one to say. You have someone on the other side calling things too, that affects the calls. But, there again, Childress is new at that too.

For now, I think they should punt the ball everytime we get it in the first three quarters (except the first drive). Then the defense can score us some points and keep us in the game. If the Offense only plays the first drive and the fourth quarter, the stats will look about the same for them, including time of possesion. =P.
    that last part is hillarious.....
    i laughed until i realized it was true, then i slit my wrists.
    but really, who has scored more points this year, the O or the D?
    if it has already been said i didnt back track in this thread......
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234