Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brewtal is offline Starter

Re: The Childress Plan?

Good job on the personal attack, bad speller yes I am. Worst suggestion on making Culppeper a RB, hell why not? It was meant to be sarcastic but then I have bad grammer and probably didn't get that across.

And yes Culpepper has never been a good QB. I will say it again he is an average passer at best. Didn't see great numbers for him at all unless you are talking about passes to the other team. The offensive line did not help him out I will give you that, but if the line was so bad why was Brad Johnson able to come in and make things happen. I'm thinking it is because he knows the game, is able to make better decisons, and is a more accurate passer.

rdknieff is offline Starter

You still haven't accounted for Pepp's 39 TD's.....don't give all the credit to moss either (he wasn't there half the time). Tell me Pepp isn't in the upper 3rd of current QBs. Pepp is a top 10-15 QB no doubt.
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

Ok, it's hard to argue with the stats of 2 years ago. And yes Moss was out for half the season, and Nate was looking good. Still disappointed in Nates performance this year, hope we keep him and he can stay healthy.

Culpepper can't win the big games, he isn't poised and dousn't make good decisions and I will never agree his passing is that great. Perhaps he is in the top 10-15 in the nfl but that just makes him average. The media hypes him up to be all mighty and dousn't see the facts. Who are the QB that have won the super bowl in the near history? What did they do best? They were smart with they ball, made accurate passes, and understand how to read the play. The 3 key aspecs Cuplepper dousn't have.

rdknieff is offline Starter

Again, I'll say that although I'm ready for Pepp to move on, I still refuse to acknowledge the fact that he's only mediocre. A Trade speculation earlier was that Pepp would be moved to STL for Bulger and a mid round pick. Bulger on the other hand is mediocre, Pepp is, as you agreed, in the top 10-15 in QB ranking which is actually technically (slightly) better than "average"

ANYWAY, goodnight all.....be back tomorrow, hopefully with some good FA news.
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

We can win with Brad Johnson. We have a pretty good defence and am hoping and with a few improvments we will get better. If we solidify the lines and make a good running game I think B. Johnson and our recievers will get the job done. Hopefully Childress has the same plan.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    you sir, are quite possibly the worst speller on this website..you also have horrible grammar..and you have made quite possibly the craziest suggestion i have heard in my entire life..moving daunte to RB..i support trading him, but to say he cant throw a ball is completely rediculous..how old are you by the way? not old enough to check stats before saying that johnson throws it accurately? he does, but not at the rate than daunte did
    You may want to check your own spelling, grammer, punctuation & capitalization befor casting stones. :razz:

J/K Olson10!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The thing that made Pep a good QB was his size and his ability to run the ball. With his injury I find it hard to believe that any coach is going to let him do that anymore. One big hit to his knee and his career is over. This means he has to become a pocket passer. This means he will become an average QB.

WWBGD

Big C is offline Coordinator

He needs a coach more than anything else. He didn't have one in 2005 so we're getting rid of him. Sorry, still a little upset about the trade.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Brewtal" wrote:
    Ok, it's hard to argue with the stats of 2 years ago. And yes Moss was out for half the season, and Nate was looking good. Still disappointed in Nates performance this year, hope we keep him and he can stay healthy.

Culpepper can't win the big games, he isn't poised and dousn't make good decisions and I will never agree his passing is that great. Perhaps he is in the top 10-15 in the nfl but that just makes him average. The media hypes him up to be all mighty and dousn't see the facts. Who are the QB that have won the super bowl in the near history? What did they do best? They were smart with they ball, made accurate passes, and understand how to read the play. The 3 key aspecs Cuplepper dousn't have.
    You can make a good arguement that Daunte has difficulty reading plays and makes poor decisions sometimes, but accuracy? Seriously? Dude, go check his stats. He is extremely accurate with his passes.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

....playing with ourselves :scratch:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast