Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    rdknieff is offline Starter

The Childress Plan?

Just wondering what secret weapon of a plan Childress is going to unleash to help this team.... I just feel really scared that after (basically) letting go B Williams, trading Daunte, offering the lowest possible salary to Burleson, releasing Bennett, etc. and the fact that Several of the (possible) big FA's are visiting several teams except us, that once our boats get ashore and we burn them that we'll be on the island all alone....playing with ourselves.
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: The Childress Plan?

Edit: Smart-donkey comments no longer relevant due to thread relocation :sad:

We already had a solid team before, and our defense is now our stronger unit. On offense, we're trying to bring in the kind of players that will be playmakers in Childress' offensive system. When you think about it, our offense can really only get better from last year, and our defense really was starting to show signs of a top-tier defense. The outlook is still bright.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

[quote="rdknieff"]Just wondering what secret weapon of a plan Childress is going to unleash to help this team.... I just feel really scared that after (basically) letting go B Williams, trading Daunte, offering the lowest possible salary to Burleson, releasing Bennett, etc. and the fact that Several of the (possible) big FA's are visiting several teams except us, that once our boats get ashore and we burn them that we'll be on the island all alone....playing with ourselves.[/quote
    -we signed k rob
    -have meeting w hutchinson
    - making offer today to witherspoon
    - sure nothing w brees yet(i do not think any1 does yet???)
    - sure james meeting w ariz (y would he want to go there though

TIME WILL TELL

Big C is offline Coordinator

- I'm excited about witherspoon, hutchinson and taylor.
    - I don't know anything about this Ben Leber dude.
    - So glad we resigned KRob.
    - I think the way we're handled Nate is good. It's a business after all. Other teams can make offers but Vikings can match. With KRob signed he will be fighting with Travis for #2 WR.
    - I'm sad to see BWill go but it makes sense. I don't want too much tied up at CB. Especially for nickel CB.
    - The only other free agents of ours that I would like re-signed are Newman and Edinger. Don't ask why but I like Edinger. He only misses stuff between 30 and 40 yards. He'll nail the 50+ ones!

All in all, if we can reel in witherspoon and hutchinson we have a successful off season. Chavous will test the market and come back. I doubt we will chase after Edge too hard. MeMo, Fason and Chester/Draft RB are good enough running behind a line that blocks.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

"KJ" wrote:

We already had a solid team before, and our defense is now our stronger unit. On offense, we're trying to bring in the kind of players that will be playmakers in Childress' offensive system. When you think about it, our offense can really only get better from last year, and our defense really was starting to show signs of a top-tier defense. The outlook is still bright.
    We already had a solid team before? really? we went 8-8 followed by 9-7 over the last two years, and lost our two best players. saying that we are solid, then saying that our offense can only get better is a contradiction. or defense improved over the course of the season, it wasn't a showing too many signs of a top tier defense though.

I'm totally glad about KRob
    I'm totally potentially excited about Hutchinson
    I'd like to see Newman back
    Don't care about Chester

I really think that if the vikings can schedule a meeting with edge it would be to our advantage (remember how quick Sharper signed). RB is a key position where we should have a big name at (if we get rid of Pep). At our draft position I'm afraid the best backs will be gone

"briboy75" wrote:
    "KJ" wrote:

We already had a solid team before? really? we went 8-8 followed by 9-7 over the last two years, and lost our two best players. saying that we are solid, then saying that our offense can only get better is a contradiction. or defense improved over the course of the season, it wasn't a showing too many signs of a top tier defense though.
    Plus the defense that started kicking was a different defense...our boys are gonna be learning all over again!!

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"briboy75" wrote:
    "KJ" wrote:

I didn't say good or great, did I?

I guess I could have said that we have "pieces to work with". Everybody knows that there has been talent here, and there still is talent here. Hell, we were supposed to go to the Super Bowl last year, remember? A little bit of solid coaching and a personnel tweak here and there, and we're in the playoffs, and possibly in contention for a SB.

And remember, when we had both of our "two best players" we were 8-8. When we shipped one out, and the other was on the surgical table, we went 9-7. All with miserable coaching. So tell me where that leads?

i'm still gonna say that the "tampa two" is gonna cause some head troubles for some of our players not used to it.....I actually think that could be serious trouble

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

EJ Henderson will never learn it..il put money on that one..the guy couldnt figure out what hole to run up to get to the RB..he also stared into the sky when it was time to cover somebody..EJ wont work, i hope we get witherspoon, thornton, and somebody else to take all of our linebacker's places because none of them are going to fit here anymore..harris MAYBE, but even he is only good at blitzing
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast