Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Childress opens up about Favre, Moss fiasco.

Brad Childress has one big regret about the 2010 season, his last as head coach of the Vikings. But it's not the one that likely comes to everyone's mind first
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8215e842/article/childress-opens-up-about-favre-moss-fiascos-in-minnesota

purplejokr is offline Rookie

Re: Childress opens up about Favre, Moss fiasco.

Interesting read to say the least. It is certainly rare to see someone take accountability for any career missteps. For this I am grateful.

With that said, I am happy he's gone.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I've actually found him quite interesting as he filled in this week on "Moving the Chains" and thought the he did pretty good (even though he seemed a bit uncomfortable to start) on the NFLN Total Access last night.

He seemed to dodge all the issues related to the Noodle, TJ and Dnabb and I found it kindof funny when he told Jammie he was looking for a publicist aluding to Jammie doing that the way he worked the Chiller.

Course he loosened up a bit when he did the one on one with Kara. Yowza.....

On a side note, anyone here AD on Sirius yesterday? He says he wants 30 carries a game and about 6 receptions.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104068
    I've actually found him quite interesting as he filled in this week on "Moving the Chains" and thought the he did pretty good (even though he seemed a bit uncomfortable to start) on the NFLN Total Access last night.

He seemed to dodge all the issues related to the Noodle, TJ and Dnabb and I found it kindof funny when he told Jammie he was looking for a publicist aluding to Jammie doing that the way he worked the Chiller.

On a side note, anyone here AD on Sirius yesterday? He says he wants 30 carries a game and about 6 receptions.
    He's said that every year he's been in the league. Two years ago h e said he was gonna top 2000, last year he said he'd take 50 carries a game if the coach would allow it.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

As for the Moss fiasco, Childress said he wanted to acquire a player who would be a difference-maker for the Vikings after they got off to a disappointing 1-2 start. They needed a player who could stretch the field while Sidney Rice recuperated from an injury.

Childress said he had no such regrets about bringing the other big Vikings headliner, Brett Favre, back for another season. The courting of Favre last August brought vitriol from some corners because of his age (40) and the distraction he created by missing minicamp. But the Vikings were fresh off an NFC Championship Game appearance in 2009 and Favre was the man who took them there. Childress said it was a no-brainer to chase Favre rather than go into 2010 with Tarvaris Jackson at quarterback.
    What TOA. It was all Childress.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104068

That would be AWESOME.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

It was an interesting read. Hard to tell how much of it is real or not, but if so, helps to dispel a lot of myths. Many that are constantly being discussed here on PPO.

Such as:
    - Childress approved/pursued bringing in Moss
    - Childress pushed to get Favre on the roster in 2010 and favored him over TJ
    - Childress fired Moss without discussing with mgmt first (ok we knew that one)
    - Moss was brought into stretch the field after Rice went down....hmmm, I didn't think Rice was that kind of player
    - negame will be turning off NFLN everytime Childress is on

I'm sure there is some bitterness on his Moss characterization, but on the above points why would he lie?

He got fired for the same reason that almost every coach gets fired. He had a losing record and failed to show a path to improvement.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Childress said he had no such regrets about bringing the other big Vikings headliner, Brett Favre, back for another season. The courting of Favre last August brought vitriol from some corners because of his age (40) and the distraction he created by missing minicamp. But the Vikings were fresh off an NFC Championship Game appearance in 2009 and Favre was the man who took them there. Childress said it was a no-brainer to chase Favre rather than go into 2010 with Tarvaris Jackson at quarterback.

Yet some here were adamant that the Vikings being fresh off an NFC Championship Game appearance in 2009 had nothing to do with Childress & the Vikings decision to bring back Favre. They claimed the only reason they did pursue Favre was because Jackson sucked in preseason & they had no other choice but to go down & beg him to come back.

LOL!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104150
    Childress said he had no such regrets about bringing the other big Vikings headliner, Brett Favre, back for another season. The courting of Favre last August brought vitriol from some corners because of his age (40) and the distraction he created by missing minicamp. But [b]the Vikings were fresh off an NFC Championship Game appearance in 2009 and Favre was the man who took them there. Childress said it was a no-brainer to chase Favre rather than go into 2010 with Tarvaris Jackson at quarterback.[/b]

Yet some here were adamant that the Vikings being fresh off an NFC Championship Game appearance in 2009 had nothing to do with Childress & the Vikings decisiion to bring back Favre. They claimed the only reason they did pursue Favre was because Jackson sucked in preseason & they had no other choice but to go down & beg him to come back.

LOL!
    Did you actually read what you quoted or did the translator have a malfunction?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Childress vomited on the Vikings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast