Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 108
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "C" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=CCthebest link=topic=39895.msg677523#msg677523 date=1195669025]
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    I don't think coaching has hindered us at all this season during the game. I think the coaches have done well this year.

    But before the season started we kind of shot ourselves in the foot by having no passing attack and senior citizens at safety.
    You're a web of contradictions... don't you think one affects the other?

    The coaches have done "well" this year... what a god-damned joke.
    [/quote]

    I think the point was that our team is in the shape it is in because of poor general management, not necessarily bad coaching.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    I tend to agree with CmacD here jessiejames. While I respect your opinion I have been watching Childress a long time and hoping to see something I could call "Great" coming from the man with any consistancy.

    Any team that has to rely on trick plays to win games is in trouble. We should be striving to win by games with tried and true methods without having to resort to the trick stuff. This points to desperation and while being fun to watch is not the desired way you want your teams mind set to be when facing the oposition. Winning by playing better in the traditional aspects of running/passing/blocking/defending/tackling/rushing/punt coverage/etc is always the desired way to go.

    Throwing in the gadget play on occasion....Fine. Counting on it....Weak.


    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  3. #23
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=CCthebest link=topic=39895.msg677523#msg677523 date=1195669025]
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    Win 3 games in a row... or learn how to coach an NFL team... I'll take either.
    Ok....so can you tell me that you know for a fact that it is bad coaching? That the coaches aren't giving the guys the proper amount of prep or instruction? Is that why the guys are held late so much? Can you tell me that it isn't at all the lack of play makers or execution? If you handed the Patriots team to Childress would he lose with it? If you handed our team to Bellicheck, would he win with it?
    [/quote]

    I'll tell you what I CAN tell you... Peterson has two record breaking performances (which I'm sure the coaches planned on...
    :) and we BARELY beat the Bears.

    Now.. you want to say it's poor execution of players, eh? Well... shouldn't the coaches have their players all on the same page? Shouldn't the coaches have their players in game-time shape come game-time? Can you tell me for A FACT that it's not coaching... because until you prove otherwise... I think it has to come down to coaching...

    I haven't even touched on the fact that Chilly didn't go after any FA QB's in the offseason because "T-Jack is better than McNabb at this point"... you've gotta be fucking kidding me...

    Don't make me laugh.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #24
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "C" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=CCthebest link=topic=39895.msg677523#msg677523 date=1195669025]
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    I don't think coaching has hindered us at all this season during the game. I think the coaches have done well this year.

    But before the season started we kind of shot ourselves in the foot by having no passing attack and senior citizens at safety.
    You're a web of contradictions... don't you think one affects the other?

    The coaches have done "well" this year... what a god-damned joke.
    [/quote]

    I will say I dissagree with some of the moves they did in the offseason....or some of them they didn't do. I will mention that you people who see absolutely no good in Childress, you seem to find somehow to give the credit for a good draft and other good stuff all to Speilman while all the guys that weren't brought in somehow are on Childress. Maybe we should start calling for Spielmans head ???
    :

    But I am sort of happy that Tarvaris is getting the snaps and he keeps on looking better. At the beginning of the season McKinnie said we would start to see drastic improvement out of Jackson by week 11 and so far he is right....I have seen much improvement.

    But as far as making adjustments and prepping before the games, I think the coaches have done all they can. I think they have done as good a job as they could have

    Maybe if Speilman had given them the right tools to work with they would be winning

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "C" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    Win 3 games in a row... or learn how to coach an NFL team... I'll take either.
    Sorry - but what makes you think you have the slightest idea what it takes to coach an NFL team?
    Your vast experience on the french-fryer at Wendy's?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=CCthebest link=topic=39895.msg677523#msg677523 date=1195669025]
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    Win 3 games in a row... or learn how to coach an NFL team... I'll take either.
    Sorry - but what makes you think you have the slightest idea what it takes to coach an NFL team?
    Your vast experience on the french-fryer at Wendy's?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    I always get a kick out of those type of responses, very entertaining indeed.


    Ok, everybody who is an NFL coach please tell me so I can know who to trust.

  7. #27
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=CCthebest link=topic=39895.msg677523#msg677523 date=1195669025]
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    Win 3 games in a row... or learn how to coach an NFL team... I'll take either.
    Sorry - but what makes you think you have the slightest idea what it takes to coach an NFL team?
    Your vast experience on the french-fryer at Wendy's?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Couple of points to this one...

    1.) I work at an ad agency in NYC... so, nuff said.

    2.) I never said I had an idea how to coach at an NFL level... but have you ever heard the phrase, "takes one to know one"...? Well, I can tell that Chilly has about as much understanding of NFL coaching as I do. And please... give me some positives Chilly has done, and I'll shoot back 5x as many negatives.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #28
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39895.msg677526#msg677526 date=1195669258]
    [quote author=CCthebest link=topic=39895.msg677523#msg677523 date=1195669025]
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    Win 3 games in a row... or learn how to coach an NFL team... I'll take either.
    Sorry - but what makes you think you have the slightest idea what it takes to coach an NFL team?
    Your vast experience on the french-fryer at Wendy's?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    I always get a kick out of those type of responses, very entertaining indeed.


    Ok, everybody who is an NFL coach please tell me so I can know who to trust.
    [/quote]

    Good point... Zeus, whens the last time you coached an NFL team?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #29
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39895.msg677526#msg677526 date=1195669258]
    [quote author=CCthebest link=topic=39895.msg677523#msg677523 date=1195669025]
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    I don't think coaching has hindered us at all this season during the game. I think the coaches have done well this year.

    But before the season started we kind of shot ourselves in the foot by having no passing attack and senior citizens at safety.
    You're a web of contradictions... don't you think one affects the other?

    The coaches have done "well" this year... what a god-damned joke.
    [/quote]

    I will say I dissagree with some of the moves they did in the offseason....or some of them they didn't do. I will mention that you people who see absolutely no good in Childress, you seem to find somehow to give the credit for a good draft and other good stuff all to Speilman while all the guys that weren't brought in somehow are on Childress. Maybe we should start calling for Spielmans head ???
    :

    But I am sort of happy that Tarvaris is getting the snaps and he keeps on looking better. At the beginning of the season McKinnie said we would start to see drastic improvement out of Jackson by week 11 and so far he is right....I have seen much improvement.

    But as far as making adjustments and prepping before the games, I think the coaches have done all they can. I think they have done as good a job as they could have

    Maybe if Speilman had given them the right tools to work with they would be winning

    [/quote]This kills me! When your starting point is so low I don't know how much this means. If inflation is at 25% and goes down to 20% that's improvement but it's still a serious problem. Saying that a 171 yd 2 turnover performance is 'much improvement' seems to say more about previous ability than future abiility.

  10. #30
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Childress obfuscates over strange punt return

    "C" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39895.msg677526#msg677526 date=1195669258]
    [quote author=CCthebest link=topic=39895.msg677523#msg677523 date=1195669025]
    Or maybe it was just bad coaching
    Right.
    Because it would be silly to think that it might have been a trick play.
    We only saw two of them that game...
    :
    Oh... so because he ran trick plays, beating THE RAIDERS by a touchdown... he's now a good coach?

    Nope, sorry... he's still a bad coach... scratch that... a GOD AWFUL coach.

    It was THE RAIDERS... the man had to run trick plays against THE RAIDERS!!!!
    What would it take for you to say he is a good coach? Just an honest question.....
    Win 3 games in a row... or learn how to coach an NFL team... I'll take either.
    Ok....so can you tell me that you know for a fact that it is bad coaching? That the coaches aren't giving the guys the proper amount of prep or instruction? Is that why the guys are held late so much? Can you tell me that it isn't at all the lack of play makers or execution? If you handed the Patriots team to Childress would he lose with it? If you handed our team to Bellicheck, would he win with it?
    [/quote]

    I'll tell you what I CAN tell you... Peterson has two record breaking performances (which I'm sure the coaches planned on...
    :) and we BARELY beat the Bears.

    Now.. you want to say it's poor execution of players, eh? Well... shouldn't the coaches have their players all on the same page? Shouldn't the coaches have their players in game-time shape come game-time? Can you tell me for A FACT that it's not coaching... because until you prove otherwise... I think it has to come down to coaching...

    I haven't even touched on the fact that Chilly didn't go after any FA QB's in the offseason because "T-Jack is better than McNabb at this point"... you've gotta be fricken kidding me...

    Don't make me laugh.
    [/quote]

    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You can coach someone all you want, but you can't make them do exactly what you want them to do. We do lack a really good leader on our team. Someone who can carry the team on his shoulders on and off the field....like Brett Farve. I honestly think GB would have only a couple win if not for Farve. We don't have that type of a player at all. And the rest you can answer my other post if you can think of something intelligent to say.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Punt Return Job Looks Wide Open
    By Johnson14 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 06:25 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
  3. Childress voices concerns about his kick-return corps
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 08:00 AM
  4. Strange?
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 01:57 PM
  5. A 99 Yd. punt return!
    By FedjeViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2006, 03:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •