Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress must Go!!

I don't think that Childress necessarily needs to go just yet.. I think that if he handed over the playcalling to either Bevell, or someone else if he ends up getting rid of Bevell, it may be different..

He was willing to take all the credit if the Vikes would have done something this season.. With calling the plays, he was also open to taking all of the criticism.. You have to respect that in a HC.. Lets see what next season brings for these guys before we write them off... It is easy to get frustrated, but we ned to support the team that we love..

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

He is terrible, hands down. I mean ya, some of the plays we threw down field were dropped but they were open... so why don't you just keep taking shots cause eventually someone will catch the damn ball. Also I'm sick of these lame ass penalties. Why the hell do we have to have two illegal shifts with big yardage gains?! The lack of discipline and willingness to adjust to the play of the game is sickening. Wilf better spark a fire under Childress's ass.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

I gotta agree with everyone, He has to go, its just frustrating to watch. I also agree with mr holland about the 3rd downs, we are getting killed offensively and defensively
    on 3rd downs. We need a new coach, he hasnt shown any potential or anything.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Bevell needs to go...Childress needs to focus on being the head coach...the Vikings need to get rid of some of their assistants (they aren't helping)....and we need a REAL coordinator to come in here and run this offense...

Childress wasn't even a REAL coordinator in Philly....he was a figurehead coordinator. Andy Reid called all the plays...this guy knows nothing about play calling on the NFL level and he's just wingin' it at this point...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

We also need to get a pass rusher or two.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

What i would love to see is Mike Tomlin become the head coach, before we loose him. He's getting mad credit off what our defense is doing this year, it won't be long before a franchise shows him the dollar sign. Difference between him and Childress is he uses his talent, we've had good players for some time and coaches never really got our defense playing at a high level. Tomlin has been awesome, even without a pass rush we still manage to force punts and field goal attempts. Its pretty crazy how well our defense has handled the situation, at some point they got to break but they keep playing. I believe Tomlin had something to with that.

I could stick with childress for one more year but not if teams are already tooking at Tomlin, if ziggy lets him go forget it. Nothing childress has did during the regulaur season has impressed me, maybe the discipline thing.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I suppose this was inevitable.
    One year after firing the guy who ended 9-7 we are now looking to lynch the guy who is a paltry 6-9 with one game to go....

...but this reaction is premature.

No one has been a harsher critic of Brad "Chiller" Childress in his inaugural season, but it's too soon to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Instead, certain truths should now be evident to Mr. Childress and Mr. Wilf.

1:
    Head Coaches who call their own plays aren't all that common...for a reason.
    If you have never called a game at the NFL level, perhaps now isn't the time to develop that skill.
    Perhaps, instead, it would be wiser to hire a REAL Offensive Coordinator (Not a "Yes" man who holds a token slot) and focus on overall management, game planning, and strategy.

2:
    Entering a season with a Quarterback in teh twilight of his career, an iffy O-Line, and no receiver corps is NOT a recipe for success.

3:
    Short Game Offense - all by itself - generates few points.
    You need points to win.
    Pull your head out.

4:
    Abandoning the run in the 3rd quarter when you're only down 6 is STUPID.
    Stop doing it.

5:
    One Dimensional schemes - on either side of the ball - are doomed to failure.
    Maybe you can't defendd the passing game because your defense doesn't have one to practice against?

6:
    Linebackers shouldn't cover the opposing teams #1 receiver...ever....for any reason.

7:
    You should hire Caine to be the Official Viking Cranial-Rectal Seperator.
    Whenever you feel the urge to shove your head up your kiester, Caine will adminster a mild beating until the urge passes.
    This can be effective at all levels, from executive down to the practice squad guys.
    Caine will also intervene when members of the team find their attention wandering and flags being thrown in their direction (I will cure the false start problem in 15 minutes flat), or when players fail to execute plays (Troy Williamson, Marcus Johnson, Artis Hicks, Bryant McKinnie, Ronyell Whitaker....oh hell, I'm beating most of you guys silly).

If Zygi and Chiller follow those 7 simple suggestions, we will be a dominant team in record time.
    if not....well....expect more of the same.

Caine

Gift is offline Coordinator

Not ready to throw him to the wolves just yet, but it's hard to defend him at this point.
    I'll try...
    ..a few really good personell choices in the offseason.
    ..thats all I got at the moment.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    Its not BJ.....its not TJ......this guy just is not head coach material.
    I've seen enough......Childress just does not adapt to the game nor his players.
    If Childress does not agree to hire an offensive coordinador to call play (and Bevell is a candidate), he must go.
    The guy just will not throw the ball down the field.
    He called this Packers game like BJ was the QB and did not capitalize on TJ's strengths - just proof he sucks.

It's the WCO. There are not going to be a ton of long shots down the field like we've had in the past.

I stated earlier in the week that Childress would not be changing his game plan or play calling now that T-Jack is in there instead of Brad. He won't next week either.

We do not have a #1 receiver who is a threat down the field & given our receiving corps, any long pass is a high risk.

IMO, Childress isn't taking that risk for that very reason.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I agree with Caine on this.
    The Vikings need an experienced offensive coordinator for next year.
    Childress just has too much on his plate as a head coach to be calling plays.

And
    BTW,
    Darrell Bevell has never called plays either...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast