Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress Mic'd Up in Ravens Game

"Braddock" wrote:
    Makes you feel like some of these people on this board, don't really know how he's like with the team, and whether the team play for him or not....

Thanks for posting that. Gave me a new perspective on the ol' Chiller. At least he knows what the team needs to work on for that "next level". I'd say the heart of a champion thing and killer instinct.

"See that Chiller, that NE team has killer instinct. You follow me? A Killer instinct. Game isn't over until the whistle blows."
    Was it in this clip or another clip where Chilly told some Defensive players (BL, CG, EJ) on the sideline that he wanted them to go out and step on their neck.
    Didn't happen, but he was trying to stress that fact.
    That was before the 4th quarter or at the very least before the scoring happened.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Makes you feel like some of these people on this board, don't really know how he's like with the team, and whether the team play for him or not....

Thanks for posting that. Gave me a new perspective on the ol' Chiller. At least he knows what the team needs to work on for that "next level". I'd say the heart of a champion thing and killer instinct.

"See that Chiller, that NE team has killer instinct. You follow me? A Killer instinct. Game isn't over until the whistle blows."
    Was it in this clip or another clip where Chilly told some Defensive players (BL, CG, EJ) on the sideline that he wanted them to go out and step on their neck.
    That was before the 4th quarter or at the very least before the scoring happened.
    Saw that.
    It was EJ he was talking to.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "slavinator" wrote:
    I found this on Minnesota Vikings homepage.
    It is well worth the four minutes of your time.
    Check it out........

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...3-1a3b3dcd325d

I am not a Childress hater nor am I saying he is the greatest thing ever, but watching this did give me a little more respect for how he is interacting with the team.
    "I feel like we're 0-4 and not 4-0..."

Actually, you were 5-0 at the time, silly guy.
    haha, I was thinking that too.
    He was referring to the day that he was asked that question.
    At the time he was 4-0.
    I'm sure he was... I'm sure he was...
    Do you wake up in the morning and pour a glass of hate all over your cheerios?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:

Saw that.
    The fact that he said he wanted to step on their necks means nothing because he didn't have the proper gameplan in the fourth quarter to play with the lead.

Maybe it was Fraiser, but you'd think as the HEAD Coach... Childress would have the intelligence and command to tell them to keep blitzing instead of playing prevent throughout the 4th.

I guess not though.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:

Saw that.
    The fact that he said he wanted to step on their necks means nothing because he didn't have the proper gameplan in the fourth quarter to play with the lead.

Maybe it was Fraiser, but you'd think as the HEAD Coach... Childress would have the intelligence and command to tell them to keep blitzing instead of playing prevent throughout the 4th.

I guess not though.
    I have watched this game 3 times now.
    We were blitzing (not every play).
    Flacco was picking it apart when we did!
    We were just unsuccessful.

I don't have confidence in our blitz without the DBs playing straight up, not prevent.

Something needs to change, I agree.
    It is a coaching issue or a personnel issue on D, haven't figured it out yet.

C mac, you have admitted that tackling was a problem.
    If we tackle, we aren't having this discussion.
    Only one play went over the top on Paymah.
    Everything else was missed tackles, right!
    So if you are going to play prevent, you have to tackle successfully.

Someone also made a comment about EJ not having arms this last games.
    Watch EJ tackle in this game. He was trying to knock people out not wrapping up when he should.
    The players weren't playing sound football. JMHO!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:

Saw that.

I guess not though.
    Could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that...

A.
    Baltimore has one of the best ofenses in teh NFL
    B.
    Their powerful offense had been beating and wearing on us for three full quarters
    C.
    Our bend but not break defense broke when tired
    D. Out star defensive back was out of the game

nah...must have simply been bad coaching and nothing else.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:

Saw that.

I guess not though.

I don't have confidence in our blitz without the DBs playing straight up, not prevent.

Watch EJ tackle in this game. He was trying to knock people out not wrapping up when he should.
    Hey... I'm just quoting Ben Leber.

"Fortunately, we have a good cushion in the fourth quarter, and you don't have to be as aggressive," Leber said. "We're counting on our front four to get pressure, and we're dropping back and keeping everything in front of us.
    I think I'll listen to what he says about the situation.

And I already mentioned tackling was a problem in another thread.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

We only needed one of two things in the 4th quarter..

Tackling.

or

Coverage.

Any one of those two attributes would have kept the lead for the Vikings, and we would have never been in the shoes of hoping that the Ravens would miss that FG.

I guess C Mac want's Chilly to hit the field and cover for piss poor Paymah or tackle for our defense.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:

Saw that.

I guess not though.

SIA, once CMac has made up his mind (especially about Childress) he's made up his mind.
    You can make all the sense in the world but he will find a way to place some kind of Childress sucks spin on it.
    They are not facts other than we've given up big leads.
    He fails to see what actually occurs in the game to make more proper assessments.
    It's a losing cause.

"C" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=53784.msg1008034#msg1008034 date=1256227908]

Saw that.

I guess not though.

Hey... I'm just quoting Ben Leber.

"Fortunately, we have a good cushion in the fourth quarter, and you don't have to be as aggressive," Leber said. "We're counting on our front four to get pressure, and we're dropping back and keeping everything in front of us.
    I think I'll listen to what he says about the situation.

And I already mentioned tackling was a problem in another thread.
    [/quote]

And I've already answered about Leber's quote.
    He was one of the LBs staying back and not blitzing.
    Watch the game again and you will see Flacco was being blitzed almost every play.
    Therefore that prevent and give up defense you are trying to blame coachng for is not true.
    Nor was the article you are referring to.

As you stated tackling was a problem.
    That is the main reason they let the Ravens back in the game.
    It's called lack of execution on the players.
    Not lack of good coaching.
    Learn the difference and maybe you will re-think about things before you post discussions that aren't the case.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast