Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

whackthepack wrote:
    MulletMullitia wrote:
    January 27th Update:

Vikes send a No. 2 for McNabb?

Update: On Tuesday afternoon, ESPN's John Clayton made an appearance on ESPNEWS, and indicated that McNabb was the Vikings' No. 1 option if Favre retires. He added that the Vikes might be willing to part with their second round pick (No. 62 overall) in order to land Donovan.

No way Philly lets him go for a 2nd rounder they are going to want at least a 1st round pick and possible a second pick in the 4th or 5th round and McNabb isn't worth it
    No way. Even Philly knows they will never get that much for McNabb. He is in his 30s. If they were to trade McNabb they would want to get what they can. They know it will not be for a 1st rounder. No one will be willing to give that up. They have a QB waiting in the wings that did very well last year.

I am not advocating this trade or against it. I am just pointing out that Philly wouldn't get a #1 pick + for McNabb. A number 2 does sound about right though.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I think some of you that don't want McNabb have just been spoied by Favre's great season. You would've begged for McNabb a year ago.

True, McNabb is 1-4 in NFC Championship games but Favre played the best football of his life here because this team is really good. Favre was known to choke too in big playoff spots too. I think this offense provides the easiest job for a good QB right now - no exaggeration.

Bring in McNabb.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

PAViking is offline Rookie

If Favre doesn't come back, then I think this would be a good move. But would Mcnabb be able to comprehend an offense that isn't 90% pass? Also, Favre might keep Chilly locked up until August so it would be too late, anyway.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Tad7 wrote:
    McNabb came to my head right away too.

But I don't know what we would have to give up and don't know how long Brett Favre will hold the Vikings hostage. I'd like to see a deal get done for a higher paid QB as soon as possible because then we can just make Favre's decision for him.
    Hostage? LMFAO! Either way we need to draft a QB. Favre is not in the way of any decision. I deal get done for who? Did you see the FA list? McNabb is not going anywhere.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

But I don't know what we would have to give up and don't know how long Brett Favre will hold the Vikings hostage. I'd like to see a deal get done for a higher paid QB as soon as possible because then we can just make Favre's decision for him.
    Hostage? LMFAO! Either way we need to draft a QB. Favre is not in the way of any decision. I deal get done for who? Did you see the FA list? McNabb is not going anywhere.
    Hostage meaning the QB situation is handled differently depending whether he comes back or not. Do you really disagree with that? McNabb being traded is not an impossibility this year..they love Kolb.

Unless Favre and Chilly have a secret plan again but I guess we won't know that til August.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

marstc09 wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

Are you forgetting the backup the Eagles have sitting on the bench came in and threw for over 300 yards in consecutive games? Trust me, the Eagles, and their fans, are ready to move on from McNabb if they can get a 2nd rounder for him. They cut ties with McNabb and Westbrook this offseason and have a VERY young and VERY talented offense for a number of years to come. They could easily put together a string of years on offense like the Rams did, like the Colts have done.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Tad7 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

Hostage meaning the QB situation is handled differently depending whether he comes back or not. Do you really disagree with that? McNabb being traded is not an impossibility this year..they love Kolb.

Unless Favre and Chilly have a secret plan again but I guess we won't know that til August.
    I would issume you are talking about McNabb when you say handled differently. I love how these rumors are being started again. This same crap happened last year. McNabb is going nowhere. Reid is not going to have Kolb as his starter. So again, the QB situation will be handled the same. Draft a QB in the 1st if they don't think TJ has improved. When was the last time we drafted a franchise QB? Kramer and Culpepper. Time to do it again. Maybe bring in Colt and lets see how he turns out.

BleedinPandG wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

Are you forgetting the backup the Eagles have sitting on the bench came in and threw for over 300 yards in consecutive games? Trust me, the Eagles, and their fans, are ready to move on from McNabb if they can get a 2nd rounder for him. They cut ties with McNabb and Westbrook this offseason and have a VERY young and VERY talented offense for a number of years to come. They could easily put together a string of years on offense like the Rams did, like the Colts have done.
    Are you forgetting about our backup that comes in too and plays well? I doubt very much that Eagle fans are ready to move on to an unknown. Like last year, McNabb is going nowhere.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

marstc09 wrote:
    Are you forgetting about our backup that comes in too and plays well? I doubt very much that Eagle fans are ready to move on to an unknown. Like last year, McNabb is going nowhere.
    Well, I live about 20 miles from Philly... you can believe what you want... the consensus I've heard, I've felt... they're ready to move on. They don't feel Kolb is an unknown after the way he performed in full games while McNabb was injured. There was a push to keep him as the starter even after McNabb was healthy.

And to my knowledge, we don't have a backup that comes in and throws for over 300 yards in a game while subbing for our injured starter... much less 2 games in a row.

Is Kolb a flash in the pan guy like Derek Anderson? Who knows... but a lot of Philly fans are willing to give him a shot over the older, broken down McNabb who can't seem to win the big games (in their opinions).

Frankly, I think Minny is a great fit for McNabb, even better than it was for Favre. We have the running game to relieve the pressure from the QB position and I believe McNabb's mobility would both relieve some pressure from our O Line as well as add another dangerous element to our offense like Culpepper once did. I also think McNabb has the arm strength to take better advantage of Berrian and Harvin's speed.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Chazz is online now Coordinator

Why must we go threw this stupid shit every...single...fucking year!?

Mcnabb is not coming here.

Why would we trade for someone, when we can just wait a year and get him for free?

Even if we could get him, I don't want him. I do not want a proven loser on this team.

We would be better off giving T-Jack another chance, then to bring in a born loser.

Just say no to McNabb!!!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast