Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 148
  1. #101
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    McNabb used to be a top 5, not anymore. I really don't think he'll help us. I'm not in the "he's a loser" group. I think 5 years ago, with a good cast, he could have won superbowls. I just htink he's gotten too old and too hurt. He's no Favre, He won't play at a high level into his late 30's. His arm seems to have been declining.
    He's definetly no Favre, but he's also no Tjack. If Favre retires I would take McNabb ina hearbeat. I think, like Favre, he would have his best season in years. I think we have an exceptional team in place for any west coast QB to come in and have success.
    Exactly! What better of a QB to come in and continue helping TJ. They both have similar styles of QBing. People may not like McNabb. People can use he never won the superbowl but let me ask this. Who here wouldn't want someone like Carson palmer? Afterall, he never wonthe superbowl or the "BIG GAME". Would people want Tony Romo? I sure as hell would. But for some on here they wouldn't because they haven't won the BIG GAME.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    191

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    ejmat wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    McNabb used to be a top 5, not anymore. I really don't think he'll help us. I'm not in the "he's a loser" group. I think 5 years ago, with a good cast, he could have won superbowls. I just htink he's gotten too old and too hurt. He's no Favre, He won't play at a high level into his late 30's. His arm seems to have been declining.
    He's definetly no Favre, but he's also no Tjack. If Favre retires I would take McNabb ina hearbeat. I think, like Favre, he would have his best season in years. I think we have an exceptional team in place for any west coast QB to come in and have success.
    Exactly! What better of a QB to come in and continue helping TJ. They both have similar styles of QBing. People may not like McNabb. People can use he never won the superbowl but let me ask this. Who here wouldn't want someone like Carson palmer? Afterall, he never wonthe superbowl or the "BIG GAME". Would people want Tony Romo? I sure as hell would. But for some on here they wouldn't because they haven't won the BIG GAME.
    I definitely agree that wanting a quarterback that has won "big games" is a little overrated. BUT ... in McNabb's case it is tough, he has HOSTED three NFC Championship games and was only able to win one of them. That is pretty bad.
    Of course Tony Romo and Carson Palmer are not in that same category because McNabb has had MUCH better teams and opportunity than Romo and Palmer and did not come through.
    That said ... if we were to not get Favre back, I would welcome McNabb. But I would prefer Favre for one more than McNabb for 3-5.
    None

  3. #103
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,853

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    McNabb used to be a top 5, not anymore. I really don't think he'll help us. I'm not in the "he's a loser" group. I think 5 years ago, with a good cast, he could have won superbowls. I just htink he's gotten too old and too hurt. He's no Favre, He won't play at a high level into his late 30's. His arm seems to have been declining.
    He's definetly no Favre, but he's also no Tjack. If Favre retires I would take McNabb ina hearbeat. I think, like Favre, he would have his best season in years. I think we have an exceptional team in place for any west coast QB to come in and have success.
    Exactly! What better of a QB to come in and continue helping TJ. They both have similar styles of QBing. People may not like McNabb. People can use he never won the superbowl but let me ask this. Who here wouldn't want someone like Carson palmer? Afterall, he never wonthe superbowl or the "BIG GAME". Would people want Tony Romo? I sure as hell would. But for some on here they wouldn't because they haven't won the BIG GAME.
    I definitely agree that wanting a quarterback that has won "big games" is a little overrated. BUT ... in McNabb's case it is tough, he has HOSTED three NFC Championship games and was only able to win one of them. That is pretty bad.
    Of course Tony Romo and Carson Palmer are not in that same category because McNabb has had MUCH better teams and opportunity than Romo and Palmer and did not come through.
    That said ... if we were to not get Favre back, I would welcome McNabb. But I would prefer Favre for one more than McNabb for 3-5.
    The Eagles have hosted 3 NFCCFG and lost 2 of them. Not Mcnabb. It's a team game and too just look at that is a bit foolish. Lok at the teams he lost to. All had comparable defenses and offenses with better than his.

  4. #104
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,853

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    Also to put an end to the Loser comments. McNabb's NFL records

    1)Most consecutive pass completions, 24

    2) Least-intercepted quarterback per pass attempt of all time, (4588 attempts-96 interceptions, 2.09%)

    3) Second-best touchdown-to-interception ratio of all time, (209-96, 2.18) behind Tom Brady (217-92, 2.36)

    4) One of six quarterbacks of all time to have over 25,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yards (alongside Randall Cunningham, Steve Young, Fran Tarkenton, Steve McNair, and John Elway)
    5)Currently the third-highest winning percentage among active quarterbacks (83-45-1, .647) behind Peyton Manning (119-59-0, .669) and Tom Brady (88-25-0, .779)

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    191

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    kevoncox wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    McNabb used to be a top 5, not anymore. I really don't think he'll help us. I'm not in the "he's a loser" group. I think 5 years ago, with a good cast, he could have won superbowls. I just htink he's gotten too old and too hurt. He's no Favre, He won't play at a high level into his late 30's. His arm seems to have been declining.
    He's definetly no Favre, but he's also no Tjack. If Favre retires I would take McNabb ina hearbeat. I think, like Favre, he would have his best season in years. I think we have an exceptional team in place for any west coast QB to come in and have success.
    Exactly! What better of a QB to come in and continue helping TJ. They both have similar styles of QBing. People may not like McNabb. People can use he never won the superbowl but let me ask this. Who here wouldn't want someone like Carson palmer? Afterall, he never wonthe superbowl or the "BIG GAME". Would people want Tony Romo? I sure as hell would. But for some on here they wouldn't because they haven't won the BIG GAME.
    I definitely agree that wanting a quarterback that has won "big games" is a little overrated. BUT ... in McNabb's case it is tough, he has HOSTED three NFC Championship games and was only able to win one of them. That is pretty bad.
    Of course Tony Romo and Carson Palmer are not in that same category because McNabb has had MUCH better teams and opportunity than Romo and Palmer and did not come through.
    That said ... if we were to not get Favre back, I would welcome McNabb. But I would prefer Favre for one more than McNabb for 3-5.
    The Eagles have hosted 3 NFCCFG and lost 2 of them. Not Mcnabb. It's a team game and too just look at that is a bit foolish. Lok at the teams he lost to. All had comparable defenses and offenses with better than his.
    Really? The losses to the Bucs (a team they had knocked out the previous two seasons) and the Panthers are to better teams? PLEASE!

    People seem to forget how good those Eagles teams were.

    There is a REASON that quarterbacks get the win-loss record, it is because they matter the most. Obviously it is a team game, but McNabb very much came up short when it mattered most.

    I am not totally against having McNabb around, but to compare him to Palmer and/or Romo as "not winning the big one" is not a fair comparison because neither one of those guys has had CLOSE to the same opportunities that McNabb did, not did either one of those guys have teams close to as good as those Eagles squads.
    None

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    191

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    kevoncox wrote:
    Also to put an end to the Loser comments. McNabb's NFL records

    1)Most consecutive pass completions, 24

    2) Least-intercepted quarterback per pass attempt of all time, (4588 attempts-96 interceptions, 2.09%)

    3) Second-best touchdown-to-interception ratio of all time, (209-96, 2.18) behind Tom Brady (217-92, 2.36)

    4) One of six quarterbacks of all time to have over 25,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yards (alongside Randall Cunningham, Steve Young, Fran Tarkenton, Steve McNair, and John Elway)

    5)Currently the third-highest winning percentage among active quarterbacks (83-45-1, .647) behind Peyton Manning (119-59-0, .669) and Tom Brady (88-25-0, .779)
    Yes ... those are all fine and dandy ... but all the more proof that he has had MAJOR struggles when it matters most.

    I mean seriously ... in a week what will Manning and Brady have 5 of that McNabb has ZERO. It is a fair argument.

    Also, considering McNabb's performances in the losses, it becomes a more fair assessment. He was dreadful against Tampa Bay and Carolina in HOME NFCCGs. Had he been good and they lost anyway, history would look at McNabb differently.

    I like McNabb, I think he is a fine quarterback and probably a Hall of Famer. But it is hard to argue that he shrinks in big spots.
    None

  7. #107
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,853

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    kevoncox wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    McNabb used to be a top 5, not anymore. I really don't think he'll help us. I'm not in the "he's a loser" group. I think 5 years ago, with a good cast, he could have won superbowls. I just htink he's gotten too old and too hurt. He's no Favre, He won't play at a high level into his late 30's. His arm seems to have been declining.
    He's definetly no Favre, but he's also no Tjack. If Favre retires I would take McNabb ina hearbeat. I think, like Favre, he would have his best season in years. I think we have an exceptional team in place for any west coast QB to come in and have success.
    Exactly! What better of a QB to come in and continue helping TJ. They both have similar styles of QBing. People may not like McNabb. People can use he never won the superbowl but let me ask this. Who here wouldn't want someone like Carson palmer? Afterall, he never wonthe superbowl or the "BIG GAME". Would people want Tony Romo? I sure as hell would. But for some on here they wouldn't because they haven't won the BIG GAME.
    I definitely agree that wanting a quarterback that has won "big games" is a little overrated. BUT ... in McNabb's case it is tough, he has HOSTED three NFC Championship games and was only able to win one of them. That is pretty bad.
    Of course Tony Romo and Carson Palmer are not in that same category because McNabb has had MUCH better teams and opportunity than Romo and Palmer and did not come through.
    That said ... if we were to not get Favre back, I would welcome McNabb. But I would prefer Favre for one more than McNabb for 3-5.
    The Eagles have hosted 3 NFCCFG and lost 2 of them. Not Mcnabb. It's a team game and too just look at that is a bit foolish. Lok at the teams he lost to. All had comparable defenses and offenses with better than his.
    Really? The losses to the Bucs (a team they had knocked out the previous two seasons) and the Panthers are to better teams? PLEASE!

    People seem to forget how good those Eagles teams were.

    There is a REASON that quarterbacks get the win-loss record, it is because they matter the most. Obviously it is a team game, but McNabb very much came up short when it mattered most.

    I am not totally against having McNabb around, but to compare him to Palmer and/or Romo as "not winning the big one" is not a fair comparison because neither one of those guys has had CLOSE to the same opportunities that McNabb did, not did either one of those guys have teams close to as good as those Eagles squads.
    You talk about W-L percentage but you ignore the stat I posted that Mcnabb has the 3rd best W-L percentage in the league behind Manning and Peyton. Yet you rather have Palmer or Romo? Talk about giving you the rope to hang yourself. Romo couldn't get it done with a good defense and a top 3 TE and Running game and the same WR that Mcnabb used to get to the superbowl. Palmer couldn't get it done with a decent running game, two of the most productive Wrs of this decade and a hidden gem in Chris Henry. Palmer still has 0, yes you read that 0 playoff wins. Romo has 1, yes 1 playoff win. You're worried about losing the big game, with those guys you never get there.

    Wow...You thought the Bucs team that beat him in 2001 and the Panthers team were bad teams? Are you serious? Both teams had defenses as good as if not better than Mcnabb's eagles. Their offense's also had better weapons. Again I ask aside from Mcnabb and an often injured Westbrook, who else was on that eagle's team? I'll wait for you to explain how Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston we great weapons. :P :P :P


    Panthers - Steven Davis, DeShawn Foster, Steve Smith, Moose and Jake

    Bucs - Johnson, Keyshawn, McCardell, Alscott and the BEST TAMPA 2 Defense ever.

  8. #108
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,853

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    kevoncox wrote:
    Also to put an end to the Loser comments. McNabb's NFL records

    1)Most consecutive pass completions, 24

    2) Least-intercepted quarterback per pass attempt of all time, (4588 attempts-96 interceptions, 2.09%)

    3) Second-best touchdown-to-interception ratio of all time, (209-96, 2.18) behind Tom Brady (217-92, 2.36)

    4) One of six quarterbacks of all time to have over 25,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yards (alongside Randall Cunningham, Steve Young, Fran Tarkenton, Steve McNair, and John Elway)

    5)Currently the third-highest winning percentage among active quarterbacks (83-45-1, .647) behind Peyton Manning (119-59-0, .669) and Tom Brady (88-25-0, .779)
    Yes ... those are all fine and dandy ... but all the more proof that he has had MAJOR struggles when it matters most.

    I mean seriously ... in a week what will Manning and Brady have 5 of that McNabb has ZERO. It is a fair argument.

    Also, considering McNabb's performances in the losses, it becomes a more fair assessment. He was dreadful against Tampa Bay and Carolina in HOME NFCCGs. Had he been good and they lost anyway, history would look at McNabb differently.

    I like McNabb, I think he is a fine quarterback and probably a Hall of Famer. But it is hard to argue that he shrinks in big spots.
    Quarterbacks typically struggle when they play in big games with no weapons!!!! Simply put, the inept weapons he was given were out classed. The 1 year he had a real weapon on his roster, he made the superbowl. Coincidence? Now his great defense is a shell of it' former self and his weapons are talented but young.

  9. #109
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    Don't wait on a decision from Favre. Make a play for McNabb now, and if the Vikings can get him, I say dump Favre. Hell, even if they can't get him... dump Favre.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    191

    Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

    kevoncox wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    kevoncox wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    McNabb used to be a top 5, not anymore. I really don't think he'll help us. I'm not in the "he's a loser" group. I think 5 years ago, with a good cast, he could have won superbowls. I just htink he's gotten too old and too hurt. He's no Favre, He won't play at a high level into his late 30's. His arm seems to have been declining.
    He's definetly no Favre, but he's also no Tjack. If Favre retires I would take McNabb ina hearbeat. I think, like Favre, he would have his best season in years. I think we have an exceptional team in place for any west coast QB to come in and have success.
    Exactly! What better of a QB to come in and continue helping TJ. They both have similar styles of QBing. People may not like McNabb. People can use he never won the superbowl but let me ask this. Who here wouldn't want someone like Carson palmer? Afterall, he never wonthe superbowl or the "BIG GAME". Would people want Tony Romo? I sure as hell would. But for some on here they wouldn't because they haven't won the BIG GAME.
    I definitely agree that wanting a quarterback that has won "big games" is a little overrated. BUT ... in McNabb's case it is tough, he has HOSTED three NFC Championship games and was only able to win one of them. That is pretty bad.
    Of course Tony Romo and Carson Palmer are not in that same category because McNabb has had MUCH better teams and opportunity than Romo and Palmer and did not come through.
    That said ... if we were to not get Favre back, I would welcome McNabb. But I would prefer Favre for one more than McNabb for 3-5.
    The Eagles have hosted 3 NFCCFG and lost 2 of them. Not Mcnabb. It's a team game and too just look at that is a bit foolish. Lok at the teams he lost to. All had comparable defenses and offenses with better than his.
    Really? The losses to the Bucs (a team they had knocked out the previous two seasons) and the Panthers are to better teams? PLEASE!

    People seem to forget how good those Eagles teams were.

    There is a REASON that quarterbacks get the win-loss record, it is because they matter the most. Obviously it is a team game, but McNabb very much came up short when it mattered most.

    I am not totally against having McNabb around, but to compare him to Palmer and/or Romo as "not winning the big one" is not a fair comparison because neither one of those guys has had CLOSE to the same opportunities that McNabb did, not did either one of those guys have teams close to as good as those Eagles squads.
    You talk about W-L percentage but you ignore the stat I posted that Mcnabb has the 3rd best W-L percentage in the league behind Manning and Peyton. Yet you rather have Palmer or Romo? Talk about giving you the rope to hang yourself. Romo couldn't get it done with a good defense and a top 3 TE and Running game and the same WR that Mcnabb used to get to the superbowl. Palmer couldn't get it done with a decent running game, two of the most productive Wrs of this decade and a hidden gem in Chris Henry. Palmer still has 0, yes you read that 0 playoff wins. Romo has 1, yes 1 playoff win. You're worried about losing the big game, with those guys you never get there.

    Wow...You thought the Bucs team that beat him in 2001 and the Panthers team were bad teams? Are you serious? Both teams had defenses as good as if not better than Mcnabb's eagles. Their offense's also had better weapons. Again I ask aside from Mcnabb and an often injured Westbrook, who else was on that eagle's team? I'll wait for you to explain how Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston we great weapons. :P :P :P


    Panthers - Steven Davis, DeShawn Foster, Steve Smith, Moose and Jake

    Bucs - Johnson, Keyshawn, McCardell, Alscott and the BEST TAMPA 2 Defense ever.
    Lol ... now you are putting words in my mouth to try and prove your argument. When the fuck did I ever say that I wanted Palmer or Romo over McNabb? (though yes, I would definitely take Romo over him).

    And I did not say the Panthers and Bucs were BAD teams, again putting fucking words in my mouth to try and prove your lame ass argument. Look at the numbers. The Panthers had a worse defense and offense than the Eagles, the Eagles were No. 2 in scoring defense to the Bucs, but their offense was CONSIDERABLY better.

    If he had such awful weapons how come he continually played for a top 5 offense? Westbrook is a horrible weapon?

    Fact is he was the quarterback in three home NFC championship games and he flat out sucked in two of them. The most important position in all of sports ... and he sucked in both of them (a whopping 19.3 rating against in that Carolina game and that 58.5 in the Tampa game.)

    Say what you want, but he is 1-4 in NFC title games, and 1-2 when his team was heavily favored (by more than 4.5 in both games).

    I won't disagree that a lot of those teams lacked some receiving talent, but he still performed like crap.

    It is not like I am the first guy to come along and say he is a choker. His career playoff record is 9-7, which is solid, but he is not good in the playoffs statistically with 24 TDs, 17 INTs and a subpar 80.0 rating. He simply has shown a propensity to be bad and outside of calling the win over the Falcons a "big one" has NEVER been able to win big games.
    None

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PPO Reunion 2009??????
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 08:23 AM
  2. Harris, Vikes, possible reunion
    By UndisputedVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 08:09 AM
  3. Happy Reunion After 66 Years!!
    By FedjeViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 04:38 AM
  4. Vikings' Childress thinks McNabb will bounce back
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 12:24 PM
  5. I'm in the mood for a MN reunion.....
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 02:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •