Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Childress-McNabb reunion?

ESPN Insider Rumor Central

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Donovan McNabb | Eagles | Interested: Cardinals?, 49ers?, Rams?, Panthers?, Jaguars?, Bills?, Redskins?, Vikings?, Browns?

Update: Apparently our speculation on McNabb-to-the-Vikes has started a bit of chatter on Twitter. Stay tuned.

Have we seen the last game for Donovan McNabb in Philly? Unlike teammate -- and fellow Pro Bowl sub -- Quintin Mikell, McNabb will not be available to the press on Monday following his promotion to the Pro Bowl, which makes you wonder ...

If he is done with the Eagles, it could dovetail nicely with Brett Favre's last game in Minnesota, in that Vikings head coach Brad Childress -- who coached McNabb for seven years -- might be in the market for a veteran replacement, given the nausea-inducing alternatives (Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels). We think Vikes fans would take a little of McNabb's Willie Beamen impression over those two 10 times out of 10.

In addition to the Vikes, what about the 49ers? Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News wrote last week that it would make sense, with the Niners sending a second-round pick in return. We're not so sure it makes sense for the Niners; in addition to destroying Alex Smith's newly found confidence, it'd also more than likely involve an installation of the West Coast offense, yet another scheme overhaul.

NFL Insider Adam Schefter emailed in Monday morning with some insight as to why the Vikings are a particularly intriguing choice:

"Been waiting on this scenario for years. So if Favre does walk away -- and the thinking today, six months before it really matters is he will -- then Minnesota would be expected to make a play for Donovan McNabb. Why not? The Eagles have three quarterbacks, McNabb's value might never be higher than it is now, and just remember this: Vikings coach Brad Childress would love to be able to go from 4 to 5 if Favre retired. And as if that weren't enough, the Vikings quarterbacks coach, Kevin Rogers, was McNabb's quarterbacks coach at Syracuse. So ponder that one in the days and weeks ahead."
    Sorry to add fuel to the fire, especially this early, but this rumor made me pretty happy. I've always wanted to see McNabb in purple. All of this obviously assuming Favre retires. I support Favre 100% in whatever he decides to do.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Re:Childress-McNabb reunion?

I honestly don't think there is any way he leaves Philly.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

McNabb came to my head right away too.

But I don't know what we would have to give up and don't know how long Brett Favre will hold the Vikings hostage. I'd like to see a deal get done for a higher paid QB as soon as possible because then we can just make Favre's decision for him.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

im all for it. but one thing that raises a red flag in my mind is his durability. to me thats a big issue

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

stop with the damn mcnabb talk. Its not going to happen, and the price for him would be far too much for a guy who actually is over the hill.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Please no.

Old, fragile, expensive, and a proven loser. He also throws more bad balls than anyone I've ever seen. If you think Tarvaris Jackson's mechanics are inconsistent, watch McNabb, and he's been in the league for 11 years.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    stop with the damn mcnabb talk. Its not going to happen, and the price for him would be far too much for a guy who actually is over the hill.
    Didn't we just have a 40 year old QB lead us to within one play of the Super Bowl? McNabb is in the Pro Bowl. I'm pretty sure he's not done. Getting away from Philly would probably reinvigorate his career, especially since he would have a running game.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

The QB carousel continues. Glad our coaching staff is able to groom young talent at the position.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Welcome to the off season
    El underdog.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

McNabb is the king of postseason chokes, the people that blame Favre for the loss are in for a rude awakening if McNabb ever wears the purple and gold.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast