Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress on Mark Rosen’s “Sports Sunday” - Sports a beard & show highlights

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    FIRE CHILDRESS!

;D

Good post Marr! I had written somewhat the same thing up a bit earlier.
    Quit cracking me up my friend.
    I can't wait for the TN game.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress on Mark Rosen’s “Sports Sunday” - Sports a beard & show highlights

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I like the way Childress has evolved as a coach, in the way he answers the media and the way he has contrusted our team. I like it that he's willing to change and identify when he was possibly wrong or thought something was right at the time but changed later. I would say as far as his interviews go he's really doin a good job based on when he first started.

I think he's becoming more likable amongst fans and his own players although they know that he's boss but like he said if a friendship can evolve from that, then thats cool. I think he has alot more friends on the team then when he originally started coaching. I think things have come along way and mentally he's strong and he knows in order to be a championship team he has to be as strong as the players he has constructed.

I think this season is the most intristing by far of his carear in Minnesotat and If i'm right a big one in the making.
    Solid post my friend........
    Quick question/comment.

Don't you think that, given the situation, there would have been alot of Vikings players on the team that weren't gonna warmup to/like him?
    Especially the cats that could see the writing on the wall.

a.
    I am getting old.
    b.
    I don't fit his scheme.
    c.
    They just got rid of my best friend on the team and I don't like it.
    d.
    Why are they starting a rookie over me (other Vets)......etc etc

Long story short, this team needed a "Authoritarian" kindof figure head to get it back to how the new owner wanted it to be run.
    Now that that has been achieved, and all the malcontents and thier bubba's are now gone, it would appear the atmosphere of misstrust between HC (and FO) and the players should level out/go away.

Just my take on it anyway. ;D
    Oh yeah plus things were changing in a big way, Childress knew he had to come in and make a stand and let everyone know he was boss and it was gonna be this way. I think him and Tom Coughlan are very similair in the way they did things there first year. With Tice being here it almost seemed like a free for all but when we changed guys didn't like it, even Pat Williams and Winfield guys who signed on with Tice. Not only has Childress done a better job with the media but curtanly his players and staff in the way he communicates.

I agree things seem to be settling as we head into year 3, and I think Childress has really got an opportunity to sift through the guys he wanted to keep while replacing the others with High Character Athletes that can go handle the demand. I think now more than ever the Team is really starting to believe in what he has done and wants to do and this is huge for any coach. They need to believe and I think they do more so that the previous two years and I think once you add in the new guys and the past experience its headed for bright lights.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I like the way Childress has evolved as a coach, in the way he answers the media and the way he has contrusted our team. I like it that he's willing to change and identify when he was possibly wrong or thought something was right at the time but changed later. I would say as far as his interviews go he's really doin a good job based on when he first started.

I think he's becoming more likable amongst fans and his own players although they know that he's boss but like he said if a friendship can evolve from that, then thats cool. I think he has alot more friends on the team then when he originally started coaching. I think things have come along way and mentally he's strong and he knows in order to be a championship team he has to be as strong as the players he has constructed.

I think this season is the most intristing by far of his carear in Minnesotat and If i'm right a big one in the making.
    It's amazing what can happen when you finally listen to your players instead of shutting them out & firing them on X-Mas Eve..

Yeah, he does have a lot more friends on the team now. I wonder if he learned that from Tice.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

It's amazing what can happen when you finally listen to your players instead of shutting them out & firing them on X-Mas Eve..

Yeah, he does have a lot more friends on the team now. I wonder if he learned that from Tice.
    I think it was in the plans the whole time, most seem to think he's been here forever but its only been two seasons, one in which was devoted to major change that some didn't like but now understand.

As for Marcus Robison I never understood it but again I don't know all the facts and what really went on.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

very gruff look, and surprisingly kewl look to Bchill!!

I really do believe that he is getting more and more relaxed in his role as Coach, and lesion to the media for the team.
    it's going to be his 3rd year, he is moving toward have HIS team on the field. When this train ride started we said that after 3 years we would be able to judge him. and as i see comments here, and media reactions. it seems that we are starting to see (here's stealing mar's quoates)
    The bigger picture!!..

now.. i for one will be there at the end to judge how we did this year. but Bchill.. u got my backing till then!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345