Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Childress Just Might Be Decent

I read this article and immediatley I thought that Childress might actually be the right man. It'd be interesting to see how he got Bevell in here.
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=59995&section=sports
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress Just Might Be Decent

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I read this article and immediatley I thought that Childress might actually be the right man. It'd be interesting to see how he got Bevell in here.http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=59995&section=sports
    Bevell and Childress have strong ties from Darrell's college years.
    Childress was Northern Arizona's offensive coordinator where Bevell was a freshman QB.
    He had left NAU for a missionary trip for two years, and when he came back he decided to go to University of Wisconsin-Madison, where Childress had been picked up as a QB coach. (despite offers of scholarships to NAU & Utah).

btw he also worked with Brett Favre, and was in charge of developing Aaron Rodger's before Childress picked him up.
    he was with the packer's for like 6 years, so he knew the NFC North.

So they go back like.. 15 years or so lol

edit: went & found some of the info i read a while back from NFC North, here's some nice pieces:

Bevell stepped into the Packers’ QB coaching role in 2003 with solid results. Favre set a career-high with a 65.4% completion rate, led the NFL with 32 TD passes and earned his 8th career berth in the Pro Bowl. The Packers offense was balanced as the team set a new franchise record with 2,558 net yards rushing. Bevell’s debut in the NFL came in 2000 as an offensive assistant with the team. Along with Favre, Bevell worked with future NFC Champion QB Matt Hasselbeck before his trade from Green Bay to Seattle
    As a collegiate player Bevell studied under Childress as the duo helped turn the dormant University of Wisconsin program into a national power. A 4-year starter for the Badgers, Bevell helped guide the team to a 10-1-1 mark as a sophomore in 1993. The squad claimed a share of the Big Ten championship for the 1st time since 1962 and won the Rose Bowl over UCLA. Between his sophomore and junior seasons, Bevell helped UW go 18-4-2. He left Madison as the school’s all-time leading passer with 19 team records and a pair of Big Ten marks. His 67.8% completion mark set in 1993 still stands as the conference record while he was a 61.4% passer for his career.
    http://www.vikings.com/TeamCoachProfile_Darrell_Bevell.aspx

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

What a surprise, and all along I was buying into the notion that he randomly picked up hacks as his assistants because the average maddenite knew more about the game than he did.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    What a surprise, and all along I was buying into the notion that he randomly picked up hacks as his assistants because the average maddenite knew more about the game than he did.
    Oh hahaha. Don't hate on my madden.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

I WOW I am undressed I mean im pressed! Jeepers I think he still cant face the camera when he is talking and he seems like he is smokin a lil dope cause he talks slow and stuff, but hey we are winning now so He can smoke all he wants. !
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

All the Chiller love.

Lets not forget that it is more than just the Chiller, it is the assistants, the Coords, and most importantly, the players who can also take most of the credit for this teams turn around.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    All the Chiller love.

Lets not forget that it is more than just the Chiller, it is the assistants, the Coords, and most importantly, the players who can also take most of the credit for this teams turn around.
    Finally!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    All the Chiller love.

Finally!
    Finally my ass....... ;D
    ;D
    ;D

I've been trying to convince you that it has been the players executing the old scheme and not a scheme change for weeks my friend.
    You are the one who keeps trying to give all the credit to the coaches.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    All the Chiller love.

Finally!
    Finally my ass....... ;D
    ;D
    ;D

I've been trying to convince you that it has been the players executing the old scheme and not a scheme change for weeks my friend.
    You are the one who keeps trying to give all the credit to the coaches.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Not talking about the scheme tweaks. I'm just talking about the credit that has been unduly giving out before & in your absence.

This is the jist of it.

Vikings lose, it's the players not executing. Don't blame Childress.

Vikings win, "Hooray! Childress is great & he's a genius" with not much credit being given to the rest of the staff or the players.

I still believe tweaks have been made here & there to cater to the players strengths & provide better coverage, but Childress' basic plan has been the same all year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Maybe its now an understanding of the coaches and players getting the ship turned around, and starting to say this is what needs to happend. and things have really turned around How about the D-LINE that is something in my eyes that can never get enough credit.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast