Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress' job guaranteed through 2008, Wilf says

"Prophet" wrote:
    What can be inferred from this comment is that is wasn't the case before this game.
    The things that Zygi has been waiting on to come to fruition are starting to happen.
    I never thought he would get less than three years.
    I am glad that the Vikings organization does not listen to a bunch of video game wielding morons, many who have never even played the game at any level.
    I'm sure most of them have played it at the Rookie level of difficulty, with injuries turned off.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm one of the Chilli haters on here. But after a win like that yesturday, I'm willing to put up with him for one more year. He better bring in another QB, #1 WR, and a good CB in the off-Season.

ALL DAY!!!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    I'm one of the Chilli haters on here. But after a win like that yesturday, I'm willing to put up with him for one more year. He better bring in another QB, #1 WR, and a good CB in the off-Season.
    I'm not so sure about that... let's wait and see what TJ can do the rest of the season before we throw him out with the bath water... With that said, I think Zygi shoudl have waited until the end of the season before giving Chilly another season... I'm a hater big time when it comes to him.. so i'd rather we take the wait and see approach before guaranteeing him another year... wat if we loose out.. then what???
    Doing that is putting yourself in a hole in my opinion...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am neither a Childress hater, nor a Childress lover.
    I jumped off from his bandwagon in the first third of the season.

But I have that Bandwagon in my sights again.
    I can see my friend Marrdro patiently saving my old seat for me.
    I would love Childress to prove me wrong for giving up on him too early.
    Get me to the playoffs Childress, and I am yours again. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Now your just trying to crack me up my friend.

First it was a better record, now you are asking for the playoffs.
    I can now see your one of those guys that changes the metric used for measuring the test half way through the test.
    ;D

Even as optimistic as I am, I don't see us making the playoffs even though our schedule seems to support it.

Still a young team on both sides of the ball, learning under fire, a offense that barely has a passing attack at best and a defense that is suspect at best against the pass if they face a team that has a QB that can read a blitz package.

I will still keep your seat open though my friend, even if we don't make it to the second season.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

patistheman is offline Starter

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    I'm not so sure about that... let's wait and see what TJ can do the rest of the season before we throw him out with the bath water... With that said, I think Zygi shoudl have waited until the end of the season before giving Chilly another season... I'm a hater big time when it comes to him.. so i'd rather we take the wait and see approach before guaranteeing him another year... wat if we loose out.. then what???

If we were to get rid of Childress after this year we would have to buy out the remaining 3 years of his contract.
    It was not going to happen either way no matter how bad we finished the season becaue wilf would not have paid him for 3 years of nothing.

Last year I wanted him fired right away after the season but Del Rio and Marrdro talked some sense into me and got me to be more patient with him.
    I was ready to see him fired again after the packers game, but we did have very good gameplans agains the chargers raiders and now the giants.
    I think he has made some major strides and I do have faith in him that he will continue to improve.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Now your just trying to crack me up my friend.

First it was a better record, now you are asking for the playoffs.
    I can now see your one of those guys that changes the metric used for measuring the test half way through the test.
    ;D

Even as optimistic as I am, I don't see us making the playoffs even though our schedule seems to support it.

Still a young team on both sides of the ball, learning under fire, a offense that barely has a passing attack at best and a defense that is suspect at best against the pass if they face a team that has a QB that can read a blitz package.

I will still keep your seat open though my friend, even if we don't make it to the second season.
    ;D
    Actually I think I originally said a winning record to keep me sated.
    ;D And I think we will be in the playoffs if we go 9-7.
    But keep the seat open anyway.
    If I see more good football like I did yesterday, I could be content even if we aren't playing football in January.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"patistheman" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

If we were to get rid of Childress after this year we would have to buy out the remaining 3 years of his contract.
    It was not going to happen either way no matter how bad we finished the season becaue wilf would not have paid him for 3 years of nothing.

Last year I wanted him fired right away after the season but Del Rio and Marrdro talked some sense into me and got me to be more patient with him.
    I was ready to see him fired again after the packers game, but we did have very good gameplans agains the chargers raiders and now the giants.
    I think he has made some major strides and I do have faith in him that he will continue to improve.
    Very nice comment my friend.

Trust me when I tell you that Del knows a hell of alot more about the game than I. He has experience at the next level.

I just read books and a bit of high school play as my reference points.
    Again, thanks.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I said it here many times. He will be our coach next season because he deserves to have at least 3 years. Now lets just hope he does his job. Getting us a Super Bowl!
    ;D

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

All I have asked for is consistent improvement in the team to show it is headed in the right direction. There have been games like the Seahawks last year, the game against Atlanta, the game against San Diego and possibly one of the preseason games where they looked like they had turned a corner only to underperform the following week.

We now have 2 good weeks in a row which I think is a first and we have a favorable schedule for the remainder of the season. IMO if the team is going to come together it needs to play competitively in all of the games for the rest of the season. That doesn't mean they have to win them all, but they have to be competitive on both sides of the ball.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast