Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Childress' job guaranteed through 2008, Wilf says

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress' job secure through 2008, owner Zygi Wilf says[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Launched: 11/26/2007 12:01:00 AM CST

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Moments after Brad Childress presided over a key victory, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf guaranteed his handpicked coach's job security through the 2008 season....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress' job guaranteed through 2008, Wilf says

hahaha oh my my my the chilly haters are going to LOVE this one.
    I do recall a couple already saying yesterday "i'm afraid with this win Childress has saved his job for at least another season" guess they were right.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very interesting read my friend especially the comments section.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

If anyone thought he would get fired I'd say they don't have a good grasp of how things work in this league.

He'd have to really blow something up for that to happen. Most coaches get 3 years, and next year will be if not a make or break year for the coaching staff, then at least a very important one.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I just don't understand how the fans are asking for more then mediocrity... that IS what this team has been for basically it's entire history, or at least the 28 years I've been watching.
    Beyond the one 15-1 campaign, we've been a playoff wildcard weekend team in our best years and a 6-10 team in our worst.
    They finally have a coach trying to build a foundation to do more and an owner patient enough to allow that to happen and they're calling for his head because it's not happening now?
    Win now, but don't sacrifice the future to do it... that argument just doesn't make sense!
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I just don't understand how the fans are asking for more then mediocrity... that IS what this team has been for basically it's entire history, or at least the 28 years I've been watching.
    Beyond the one 15-1 campaign, we've been a playoff wildcard weekend team in our best years and a 6-10 team in our worst.
    They finally have a coach trying to build a foundation to do more and an owner patient enough to allow that to happen and they're calling for his head because it's not happening now?
    Win now, but don't sacrifice the future to do it... that argument just doesn't make sense!
    There are a few on here who are onboard, however, the majority are part of the win now or else mentality.

They will come around in time.

Of course there are the crowd that only comes around here when we loose.
    Did you see how low the numbers were last night after the game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm happy to give Childress and the coaching staff props for getting the team ready to play and ensuring that we won back to back games. Also I can understand Zygi being elated at winning this game but I'd rathet he waited until the end of the season before making such statements - even if he
    feels that Childress will be here for 2008.
    I'm still not convinced that Childress is the HC that this team needs but the owner does and so that trumps me
    ;D
    However I'd rather he wait til the season end before making such statements just to give himself a get-out in case of anything blowing up before the season finishes.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

yea this comment was pretty good :P

How much longer are we supposed to put up with this? Zygi has shown that he's not committed at all to bringing a Super Bowl title to the Twin Cities at all by keeping this inept idiot as the head coach!
    and this

Our owner is a short sighted egoist who cannot admit to an error

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

What can be inferred from this comment is that is wasn't the case before this game.
    The things that Zygi has been waiting on to come to fruition are starting to happen.
    I never thought he would get less than three years.
    I am glad that the Vikings organization does not listen to a bunch of video game wielding morons, many who have never even played the game at any level.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Prophet" wrote:
    What can be inferred from this comment is that is wasn't the case before this game.
    The things that Zygi has been waiting on to come to fruition are starting to happen.
    I never thought he would get less than three years.
    I am glad that the Vikings organization does not listen to a bunch of video game wielding morons, many who have never even played the game at any level.
    Darn it, I'll have you know I played 1 year... 7th grade!
    And I don't play football video games!
    That makes me an experienced, non-video game playing moron to you buster :P

Actually, from Zigi's comments, he said "never a doubt" or something along those lines in reference to Chilly being back in '08 which leads me to believe he's been safe all along.
    Sometimes people read too much into an owner being silent... has anyone read the crap PFT is posting about Chilly using AD as a play to secure his job (making it seem like he was ready to come back only to be the good long term coach to hold him back against AD's will)???
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast