Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Childress inexperienced?

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    What we are seeing here are the hold-overs from the "I love Daunte group" now directing their anger towards Childress.
    That's too much of a blanket statement. I for one am a DC fan & haven't seen any cause to bash Childress.

Daunte wanted out & Childress helped him get out. And to the team DC wanted.

He took charge of a situation that was headed down the same path as the T.O. situaion & I for one am glad it happened in the off=season rather than mid-way thru the regular season.

People wanted a "take charge" breed of HC & we got one.

Sure he's inexperienced as a head coach, because he hasn't held that position yet, but I have faith in him so far. Nothing has pointed doubt in my direction.

You cannot judge a HC performance before he has even coached game one. It is as simple as that.

I for one will wait until we've actually seen him coach a year before forming an opinion as to what type of coach I think he is. The proof will be in the pudding.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "so-cal vike" wrote:
    What we are seeing here are the hold-overs from the "I love Daunte group" now directing their anger towards Childress.
    That's too much of a blanket statement. I for one am a DC fan & haven't seen any cause to bash Childress.

Daunte wanted out & Childress helped him get out. And to the team DC wanted.

He took charge of a situation that was headed down the same path as the T.O. situaion & I for one am glad it happened in the off=season rather than mid-way thru the regular season.

People wanted a "take charge" breed of HC & we got one.

Sure he's inexperienced as a head coach, because he hasn't held that position yet, but I have faith in him so far. Nothing has pointed doubt in my direction.

You cannot judge a HC performance before he has even coached game one. It is as simple as that.

I for one will wait until we've actually seen him coach a year before forming an opinion as to what type of coach I think he is. The proof will be in the pudding.
    exactly
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "so-cal vike" wrote:
    I think that the rest of my post clarified that statement. All I'm saying is that anyone who would bash Childress has only the one arguement.

"singersp" wrote:

I believe I made that exact point as well. Believe me if the Vikes stink it up this season all eyes will be on Childress and the decisions that were made this off-season. Until then, give our team a chance.

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

Of course Childress is inexperienced! He has yet to walk on to the field as an NFL HEAD COACH! IMO, he'll be a good one sooner than most.
    I was pissed when I saw the article this morning until I noticed who wrote it. This article is the typical blather that Jeremy lays down all the time. Always seems to have the "I'm way too hip for you because Daddy's a coach and I was a Personnel Director" thing goin' on.
    Let us not forget that Jeremy is, I believe, also the one who traded Spergeon Wynn-less to us. So take him for what he's worth.
    :roll:
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345