Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    I think Brad did a good job so far.
    If i'd be the Hc, i'd diss Daunte also.
    And maybe he's just right that he's like T.O
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  2. #22
    twiztedfait's Avatar
    twiztedfait is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    173

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    He may be acting like T.O but you don't state that in a press conferance. While I agree with the comments made you do not tell the world. It was not very classy to say that even more so when your franchise is trying to show the fans that tey have class.

  3. #23
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    What a surprise.

    As said by someone earlier in this thread, you really can't please everybody. The Vikings shut up shop for a month while they get their strategies sorted out, and the local media goes ballistic. Now they start talking and the national media picks up on it and tries to shoot everything down. Who is this idiot for ESPN? What does he know about what's been going on in Minnesota? Does he know Culpepper personally? Or was that sloppy blow-job of an article just a favour for some future oral? I swear to God, the majority of this board knows more about what happened between Daunte and the Vikings than this insulated little daddy's boy who is probably thinking: "My daddy's a coach so as his son my opinion matters cos I've like seen everything in this business yet still not done anything well to get a proper job in the NFL and am now writing for ESPN Insider in the hopes that I'll get back in."

    Childress did what he thought was necessary by shipping Culpepper out. The media is going to keep asking him about this until about 2 years down the line.. Because at the beginning and end of this season and the beginning of next season, whatever happens, the question surrounding the Vikings will be "How would they have done with Culpepper?", so he answered in the way he saw fit. So he compared him to T.O? I think Childress has more knowledge on BOTH the T.O and Culpepper scenarios than some prick sitting on his laptop worrying about what the topic of his next article will be. Don't worry that it's old news and everyone has moved on.. Just pick a fight on an old subject and re-open old wounds.

    And this is the reason I will NEVER get ESPN Insider. If I want biased OP-ED pieces based on nothing but conjecture I'll read Pat Kirwan, Vic Carucci, and that old guy who used to be a big shot with the Cowboys and has now gone completely senile on NFL.com thank you very much.

    [size=7px]I respect Mike Carlson's opinion, however. He hosts the NFL Monday Night Football broadcasts here in the U.K and he always comes across as a polite, respectful and intelligent analyst.[/size]

  4. #24
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    561

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    RandyMoss8404 wrote:

    CHILDRESS NEEDS TO PUT A SOCK IN IT

    After two months of virtual silence, new Vikings coach Brad Childress has begun to talk.

    A lot.

    And it's getting the attention of several league insiders, one of whom believes that Childress "talks way too f--king much" and that he should "shut the f--k up." (Poetry. Sheer poetry.)

    Childress has become loquacious in the week since the Vikings shipped quarterback Daunte Culpepper to Miami. The coach has dissed Daunte on at least two occasions, comparing him most recently to Terrell Owens. And Childress also boasts that if he hadn't taken the job in Minnesota, he could have had the gig in Green Bay.

    "I saw [Packers general manager] Ted Thompson at the combine, and he asked me, 'Is it OK for me to have the driver come back from Appleton now?' He was going to pick me up. I said, 'Yeah, you can have him come back now. I'm staying here with the Purple.' So, they didn't pick me. I picked them."

    Fine. But what's the point? These comments make him come off as insecure, and petty. (Hey, he could write for us.)

    Brad's best bet, in our view, is to zip it. Now. At the same time he fears that Culpepper has caught the "me" disease, Childress needs to avoid developing the "Meathead" syndrome.


    DCPologirl wrote:

    LOL I love it...that is exactly how I feel

    :roll:
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

  5. #25
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    I hope he does bring some discipline and a winning attitude to the team. I also hope he can get our first draft selection in on time. That will get him off to a better start than Tice had.

  6. #26
    Jviking's Avatar
    Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    304

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    there was no need to rip c-pep. hes gone. but come on, give our new coach a chance. I am looking forward to his regime. lets face facts weve had a three ring circus for awhile now. I am sure we wont be hearing about a boating incident this season....I also like the fa pick ups. so far so good. screw espn.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

  7. #27
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    Is Childress inexperienced? Yes. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. He has never been a head coach before period. However, that isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

    Childress screwed the Culppper situation up. I'm angry about it but I don't hate the guy because he has done 1 bad thing and about 8 good things. Basically this is just the media trying to make a story bigger than it needs to be.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #28
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    "twiztedfait" wrote:
    He may be acting like T.O but you don't state that in a press conferance. While I agree with the comments made you do not tell the world. It was not very classy to say that even more so when your franchise is trying to show the fans that tey have class.

    He did not say it in his speech! He was asked a question and his response was that Daunte reminded him of someone that was all about me that he had to deal with last year. He did not call Daunte T-ho or name T-ho, I believe he was referring to him but he did not call him T-ho.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  9. #29
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    And the media rips on him for not speaking to the media, he does and then he gets ripped for what he says! He should have just kept not speaking to the media, but then they would say shit about him anyway!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress inexperienced?

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "twiztedfait" wrote:
    He may be acting like T.O but you don't state that in a press conferance. While I agree with the comments made you do not tell the world. It was not very classy to say that even more so when your franchise is trying to show the fans that tey have class.

    He did not say it in his speech! He was asked a question and his response was that Daunte reminded him of someone that was all about me that he had to deal with last year. He did not call Daunte T-ho or name T-ho, I believe he was referring to him but he did not call him T-ho.
    Exactly right. He was asked a specific question and he answered it. Childress is doing much better than his predecessor, and I have all the faith in the world that Childress and the rest of the Vikings front office staff can bring the discipline we need to average better than the .500 we had been doing.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childress
    By StillPurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 11:26 PM
  2. FBI is looking for Childress
    By skum in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 04:58 AM
  4. Videos: Childress on character & Childress talks draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 12:54 AM
  5. Childress' PC
    By Eyedea in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 06:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •