Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress ho hum

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=40963.msg696942#msg696942 date=1198564133]
    Football is a game of preparation and adjustments.
    Gibbs had his team better prepared.

Yes it is....So where are our preparation and adjustments in the biggest game of the season??

That's what made it so unbearable to watch happening.

Cheers!
    I am sure that the common person such as you find it hard to see.
    To me, Gibbs and the Skins were prepared better.
    You gotta believe that Brad had the Vikings prepared, but the game plan did not work.
    Just because the ajustments do not work does not mean they were there.
    Hard to prepare when you turn the ball over as many times as we did; just something you do not prepare for.
    At least you have a clue Hammer.

To amplify your excellent point.....\

Of course adjustments can't be made until you can see what they are doing against what we are doing. In this case a few quick turnovers and a few quick 3 and outs don't really give the coaching staff much to go on.

If anyone really wants to understand how adjustments are made go do a google search and see why most teams script thier offensive plays to start out the game.

I am to tired of trying to point it out to the mindless who don't seem to understand even the basics of the game and continue to spout/spew cliches without even understanding what the hell they mean.

I rarely criticize the caoches or the game plan.
    Who am I?
    Jyst some fan.
    If I were so much smarter and football wise than the coaches I would be there, not them.

It is all to easy to beeyatch and say what we should have done after we lost.
    Well no pooh Sherlock.
    Some people need to get with the program and actaully appreciate the smaller details of football that go unnoticed.
    I hear so many people saying we should do this and do that, ya think?
    Can't throw bombs all day long and have 11 man blitzes every other play.
    Hero or zero! Fact of life for the HC in the NFL. Win and people start whispering coach of the year. Lose and they talk about firing.

The Vikings go as TJ goes. We knew the team that made the least mistakes would prevail.

That's football.

We have a lot to be optomistic about for next year. And nobody here needs a doctorate in football to be a fan.

[/quote]
    Excellent post my friend.
    How long does that doctorate thing take anyway?

It might/could help out with a few on heres ability to post with logic.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Mar to get a Doctorate takes a couple different levels.
    First you have to graduate from your 4 year institution.
    Then you have usually get a little experience or some just jump right into their masters degree that takes somewhere around 2 years give or take.
    And once you've gotten to that point all you need to do is get into a program, pick a specific field, right a publication worthy article or book and defend yourself against a doctoral board of really smart people who probably don't care about football.
    I'm guessing we have one or none of them on the board
    ;D.
    Of course apparently the smart folk who can come up with ways to deflect all blame from Chilly Dawg, because that probably would take a doctorate.
    ;D ;D ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    and execution!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=40963.msg696942#msg696942 date=1198564133]

Yes it is....So where are our preparation and adjustments in the biggest game of the season??

Cheers!
    You gotta believe that Brad had the Vikings prepared, but the game plan did not work.
    Hard to prepare when you turn the ball over as many times as we did; just something you do not prepare for.

Of course adjustments can't be made until you can see what they are doing against what we are doing. In this case a few quick turnovers and a few quick 3 and outs don't really give the coaching staff much to go on.

If anyone really wants to understand how adjustments are made go do a google search and see why most teams script thier offensive plays to start out the game.

I am to tired of trying to point it out to the mindless who don't seem to understand even the basics of the game and continue to spout/spew cliches without even understanding what the hell they mean.

Who am I?
    Jyst some fan.
    If I were so much smarter and football wise than the coaches I would be there, not them.

Well no pooh Sherlock.
    Some people need to get with the program and actaully appreciate the smaller details of football that go unnoticed.
    Adequately articulated.

Gotta love the game for what it is.
    Yutz's just don't seem to understand that.
    Not trying to slam the Maddenites, but I believe alot of issues related to play calling come from the fact that alot of guys can do things on that game that are just not feasible (at least on a consistent basis) in a real NFL game.

Again, not slamming, just an observation.
    ;D
    [/quote]

Well...guess I am one of the "Yutz's" you mention then. Still two facts stand out from the Washington Game regardless of if you like Chilly ...other coaches....or anything else

1. Our team saw this 8 man front for several games in a row and had no answer for it until the second half of the Biggest Game of this season. A lot of defenders here of the Coaching staff seem to have blinders on for this fact. It should not take 18 quarters for ANY NFL Coach or O-coordinator worth his salt to have a solution or several options ready to get results against this type of defensive scheem. OK...we won a few games against it....because we faced teams that had virtually no offense...Niners....Bears...Oh My!

2. We remain totally predictable and have no imagination or creativity in use of our best weapons on the field in AD and C.Tay. Run Right...Run Left...Run Middle...almost always on 1st and second downs. I was hoping that we would see some changes early in the Washington contest....Let's see if anything changes at Mile High this week.

I am not saying Chilly has done a terrible job all season. He's made some progress and done well in some games but his consistancy in appropriate game planning and player motivation seem to be issues at times. Laying the Goose Egg in GB is one example...I believe not being ready for the 8 man front against Washington was another.

I will be the first to admit some players did not play up to expectations and made some critical errors with Turnovers. That aside the game plan and preparation for the Redskins was bunk.

In my humble opinion anyways:

Cheers!

Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

"Schutz" wrote:
    Mar to get a Doctorate takes a couple different levels.
    First you have to graduate from your 4 year institution.
    Then you have usually get a little experience or some just jump right into their masters degree that takes somewhere around 2 years give or take.
    And once you've gotten to that point all you need to do is get into a program, pick a specific field, right a publication worthy article or book and defend yourself against a doctoral board of really smart people who probably don't care about football.
    I'm guessing we have one or none of them on the board
    ;D.
    Of course apparently the smart folk who can come up with ways to deflect all blame from Chilly Dawg, because that probably would take a doctorate.

;D ;D ;D
    Quite it.
    You aren't supposed to crack people up on Christmas my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=Frostbite link=topic=40963.msg696946#msg696946 date=1198565055]

Cheers!

Who am I?
    Jyst some fan.

Well no pooh Sherlock.
    Adequately articulated.

Gotta love the game for what it is.
    Yutz's just don't seem to understand that.
    Not trying to slam the Maddenites, but I believe alot of issues related to play calling come from the fact that alot of guys can do things on that game that are just not feasible (at least on a consistent basis) in a real NFL game.

Again, not slamming, just an observation.
    ;D
    [/quote]

Well...guess I am one of the "Yutz's" you mention then. Still two facts stand out from the Washington Game regardless of if you like Chilly ...other coaches....or anything else

1. Our team saw this 8 man front for several games in a row and had no answer for it until the second half of the Biggest Game of this season. A lot of defenders here of the Coaching staff seem to have blinders on for this fact. It should not take 18 quarters for ANY NFL Coach or O-coordinator worth his salt to have a solution or several options ready to get results against this type of defensive scheem. OK...we won a few games against it....because we faced teams that had virtually no offense...Niners....Bears...Oh My!

2. We remain totally predictable and have no imagination or creativity in use of our best weapons on the field in AD and C.Tay. Run Right...Run Left...Run Middle...almost always on 1st and second downs. I was hoping that we would see some changes early in the Washington contest....Let's see if anything changes at Mile High this week.

I am not saying Chilly has done a terrible job all season. He's made some progress and done well in some games but his consistancy in appropriate game planning and player motivation seem to be issues at times. Laying the Goose Egg in GB is one example...I believe not being ready for the 8 man front against Washington was another.

I will be the first to admit some players did not play up to expectations and made some critical errors with Turnovers. That aside the game plan and preparation for the Redskins was bunk.

In my humble opinion anyways:

Cheers!
    [/quote]
    Naw you are far from a Yutz my friend.
    Sometimes I don't agree with your stuff but you at least make a good argument and provide something for me (and others) to chew on.

As to predictability, I for one contend that because "Futureboy" and how our OL played during this season, the coaching staff was pretty damn limited with how creative they could be with plays.

As I said in another thread, if you can't execute the simplest of plays with out turning the ball over or getting the QB sacked then how the heck can you expect them to call something more complex.

Again, you don't quiet fall into the Yutz catagory my friend, I assumed you already knew my opinion of you and your thoughts.
    I apologize if you didn't know that.
    ;D

Frostbite is offline Coach

Thanks Marrdro...I got pretty worked up(Frustrated) watching that Washington fiasco...who wouldn't I guess. I just have to believe that we have the ability to figure out how to attack this 8 man front and beat it better than we have so far.....Broke one TV screen already throwing the Vikings Nurf Football at it...Yea...they are soft usually, but this one was a tad hard at the point!!

Merry Christmas Marrdro....and thanks for the reply...

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Thanks Marrdro...I got pretty worked up(Frustrated) watching that Washington fiasco...who wouldn't I guess. I just have to believe that we have the ability to figure out how to attack this 8 man front and beat it better than we have so far.....Broke one TV screen already throwing the Vikings Nurf Football at it...Yea...they are soft usually, but this one was a tad hard at the point!!

Cheers!
    Wildwoman bought me a soft Vikings brick for just that very same reason.
    ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

;D
    I need one of those!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

;D
    I need one of those!
    This is it.
    Of course you can't read the writing on it anymore as I have had it a long time.
    It is great for wringing in your hands as well.
    http://www.domeplus.com/Minnesotavik...foam_brick.htm

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast