Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Childress ho hum

After Chicago game, I think it was not shocking to see more turnovers from TJack. That's something you need to work on during the week, especially when play-offs are at stake. Instead, we came out and made same mistakes. Of course it's not solely on Childress, but when you have a QB prone to mistakes, your game plan should reflect that. Or, if he sucks so much that it can't be helped, bench him and start someone else.

briannord is offline Rookie

I think that with the current team Childress has to have his hands tied with a lot of the plays he can call.

We don't have a wide receiver that we can really count on and a lot of our players are very young.

This, of course, is no excuse for not mixing up the play calling.
    But, with the complexity of the west coast offense it may help explain the limited play calling.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Football is a game of preparation and adjustments.
    Gibbs had his team better prepared.

Yes it is....So where are our preparation and adjustments in the biggest game of the season??

That's what made it so unbearable to watch happening.

Cheers!
    I am sure that the common person such as you find it hard to see.
    To me, Gibbs and the Skins were prepared better.
    You gotta believe that Brad had the Vikings prepared, but the game plan did not work.
    Just because the ajustments do not work does not mean they were there.
    Hard to prepare when you turn the ball over as many times as we did; just something you do not prepare for.
    At least you have a clue Hammer.

To amplify your excellent point.....\

Of course adjustments can't be made until you can see what they are doing against what we are doing. In this case a few quick turnovers and a few quick 3 and outs don't really give the coaching staff much to go on.

If anyone really wants to understand how adjustments are made go do a google search and see why most teams script thier offensive plays to start out the game.

I am to tired of trying to point it out to the mindless who don't seem to understand even the basics of the game and continue to spout/spew cliches without even understanding what the hell they mean.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Yes it is....So where are our preparation and adjustments in the biggest game of the season??

Cheers!
    You gotta believe that Brad had the Vikings prepared, but the game plan did not work.
    Hard to prepare when you turn the ball over as many times as we did; just something you do not prepare for.

Of course adjustments can't be made until you can see what they are doing against what we are doing. In this case a few quick turnovers and a few quick 3 and outs don't really give the coaching staff much to go on.

If anyone really wants to understand how adjustments are made go do a google search and see why most teams script thier offensive plays to start out the game.

I am to tired of trying to point it out to the mindless who don't seem to understand even the basics of the game and continue to spout/spew cliches without even understanding what the hell they mean.
    They could try running their scripted plays in reverse order? ;D

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I was really surprised not to see a "trick" play on that 53 yard field goal try. I thought to attempt a field goal there was dumb. Childress has thrown a few of those in this season and after one news conference he said they were good to use when you needed a quick score and a confidence boost for the team. Maybe it was a too obvious place to use it though.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Cheers!

They could try running their scripted plays in reverse order? ;D
    Anything at this point.
    I'm pretty close to getting on Bevel but still blame most of the offensive woes this year to poor line play (that has gotten better) and poor QB play.
    When we were winning we say additional things coming out as the game progressed.

During the losses, we see the same old opening plays.
    Of course the mindless massess and yutz's automatically go down the road of using cliche's like "Make Adjustments" "Change the Scheme" when they don't even have a clue as to what that stuff means.

Remember back when I was on the soap box of challenging anyone to amplify those statements.
    To date none of them ever responded to me and I even PM's most of them.

Yutz's.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Cheers!

I rarely criticize the caoches or the game plan.
    Who am I?
    Jyst some fan.
    If I were so much smarter and football wise than the coaches I would be there, not them.

It is all to easy to bitch and say what we should have done after we lost.
    Well no shit Sherlock.
    Some people need to get with the program and actaully appreciate the smaller details of football that go unnoticed.
    I hear so many people saying we should do this and do that, ya think?
    Can't throw bombs all day long and have 11 man blitzes every other play.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Cheers!

Who am I?
    Jyst some fan.
    If I were so much smarter and football wise than the coaches I would be there, not them.

It is all to easy to beeyatch and say what we should have done after we lost.
    Well no pooh Sherlock.
    Some people need to get with the program and actaully appreciate the smaller details of football that go unnoticed.
    Adequately articulated.

Gotta love the game for what it is.
    Yutz's just don't seem to understand that.

Not trying to slam the Maddenites, but I believe alot of issues related to play calling come from the fact that alot of guys can do things on that game that are just not feasible (at least on a consistent basis) in a real NFL game.

Again, not slamming, just an observation.
    ;D

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Cheers!

Who am I?
    Jyst some fan.

It is all to easy to beeyatch and say what we should have done after we lost.
    Well no pooh Sherlock.
    Hero or zero! Fact of life for the HC in the NFL. Win and people start whispering coach of the year. Lose and they talk about firing.

The Vikings go as TJ goes. We knew the team that made the least mistakes would prevail.

That's football.

We have a lot to be optomistic about for next year. And nobody here needs a doctorate in football to be a fan.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Ranger is offline Coach

Childress has done a very good job, in my opinion.
    He took over a malfunctioning, idiotic, misbehaving team of egos and troublemakers, and cleaned house.
    Yeah, we're light on talent compared to the Daunte to Moss years, but I prefer this team by far.
    He's establishing the building blocks perfectly.
    Run the ball?
    Check.
    Stop the run?
    Check.
    Minimize "Pacman" moments?
    Check.
    We have a team of guys with good character, and the "poor playcalling" has to do with the Vikings having a whopping...what...one playmaker last year?
    Two or three this year, and young, inexperienced ones at that.

We're limited in how to use AD because his passblocking is poor and his hands aren't that great yet.
    CT brings more to the table that way.
    Next year, after a season of working on his blocking and receiving, I'd expect Peterson to be utilized more and more like Tomlinson.
    Catching screens and curls, in there on third and long for pass protection...stuff that we all wanted to see this year.
    It's hard to remind ourselves because of how amazing he is, but All Day is still a raw rookie.
    As his skills get sharpened and he becomes more refined, he's going to truly be something otherworldly.

If TJack can improve some more this offseason and become a decent starting NFL quarterback, the NFC North is ours.

This was an incredibly rambling post.
    I just think Chilly is doing a pretty good job with the tools he has.
    ALSO!!!!!!
    Childress has a magnificent moustache.
    It's glorious.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast