Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Kool Aid is offline Training Camp

Re: Childress Haters Rejoice!

Personally I think Childress would be helped by giving up some of his control on the offense.
    He spents his short week putting on the Head Coach hat and the Offensive Coord hat.
    He should be head coach and get an O-Coord that he trusts and is capable.

The ONLY 2 weeks our offense has been productive has been week 1 and week 7 (coming out of the bye).
    Both of which Childress had ample time to prepare a game plan for his offense AND be head coach to the rest of the team.
    Maybe that is oversimplifying but until he gets more experience being HC, he should let someone else be OC.
    http://purplekool-aid.blogspot.com/

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

A lot of people seem to think that Bevell is just a place holder as OC.
    I disagree.
    My belief is that he is in a role very similar to the role Childress was in Philly.
    During the week, Bevell puts together the offensive game plan.
    Childress executes it on game day.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't hate Childress, but I can't say I'm sold on him yet either.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del" wrote:
    Someone has to take the blame. The fans tried to pin it on BJ, but Childress would not budge, so now he is the fall guy.
    Give it a week or two. They'll be blaming Wilf for hiring Childress next.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Someone has to take the blame. The fans tried to pin it on BJ, but Childress would not budge, so now he is the fall guy.
    Give it a week or two. They'll be blaming Wilf for hiring Childress next.
    And then people will blame this all on Red for selling the team to Wilf
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

I dont buy the whole "Childress is learning new schemes" excuse. John Gruden went to Tampa and won SB in his first year there.
    : If you're HC in this league, you dont waste whole seasons learning stuff, you are expected to make at least "some" inpact upon arrival.

Not to say that the blame lies solely on his shoulders, but he clearly doesnt get the job done so far. The glaring inabilty to adapt during games has cost us more than few games already.

"Storm" wrote:
    I dont buy the whole "Childress is learning new schemes" excuse. John Gruden went to Tampa and won SB in his first year there.
    : If you're HC in this league, you dont waste whole seasons learning stuff, you are expected to make at least "some" inpact upon arrival.

Not to say that the blame lies solely on his shoulders, but he clearly doesnt get the job done so far. The glaring inabilty to adapt during games has cost us more than few games already.
    John Gruden inherited a Super bowl caliber team that Tony Dungy had built. He just added a little bit more to the offense.

He also did not bring in entirely new schemes on offense & defense & an entire new coaching staff.

John Gruden inherited a Super bowl caliber team that Tony Dungy had built. He just added a little bit more to the offense.

He also did not bring in entirely new schemes on offense & defense & an entire new coaching staff.
    Just more excuses... No one forced him to change those schemes, if you take charge and make changes, you better make sure those changes will work. Learning is NOT a good excuse for a failed season. Especially for a head coach.

I wonder what Childress backers will say when he messes up our next season. "But he needs more time to adjust to the artificial turf!"
    :

"Storm" wrote:

Just more excuses... No one forced him to change those schemes, if you take charge and make changes, you better make sure those changes will work. Learning is NOT a good excuse for a failed season. Especially for a head coach.

I wonder what Childress backers will say when he messes up our next season. "But he needs more time to adjust to the artificial turf!"
    :
    Exactly how was he supposed to know what those schemes were, when the entire coaching staff was replaced?

Take a look at Lovie Smiths record in Chicago his first year & look at it now. He was 5-11 his first year & you would have shit-canned him after his first year.

I dont find the defensive schemes to be all that different to be honest. We still play prevent D, with a lot of cushion and "dont give up big play" mentality. Our run D is superb, but our secondary blows as usual. What hurts us most is the inability to adjust on offense. Our game plans DO NOT WORK on offense. Oposing defenses are figuring us out too easyly and coach Childress DOES NOT ADJUST. I certainly dont think it has anything to do with schemes. Flexible game plan and reactive playcalling is what we need the most. Aside from execution on the field, but thats self-explanatory.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast