Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress Haters Chill Out

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I hear ya My Sexy Little Pixie.

One thing I have learned from being on sites like this, there are a few posters who tend to want to hate on a player or coach regardless of the validity behind that hating.

Go back through the threads. Of late it was Shanc, then as he started to come around it shifted to Griff.
    Oooops, he starts to play good so they shift to Cook.
    Who will be next when they actually realize they are off the mark (as they usually are) on him?

:

Take that cat Marrdro for instance.
    He has serious issues with respect to ex-PUKER players for some reason.

Guys like that just cause me to wonder.
    Guess you just have to take them with a grain of salt and view thier posts for what they are.......Entertainment and a means to pass the time trying to convince them what yutz's they really are.......
    We are Vikings Fans. We have absolutely no reason to believe in a player until he shows us that he can be believed in.

The same goes for coaches.

I am definitely going to give the coach some blame when he puts a sloppy offense on the field. Is it totally his fault? No, but it his partly his fault.
    And any sane fan would agree with you 100%.
    Its the yutz's that put ALL the blame on the HC that just get me rolling in my chair LMFAO over thier lunacy..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

One thing I have learned from being on sites like this, there are a few posters who tend to want to hate on a player or coach regardless of the validity behind that hating.

Go back through the threads. Of late it was Shanc, then as he started to come around it shifted to Griff.
    Who will be next when they actually realize they are off the mark (as they usually are) on him?

:

Guess you just have to take them with a grain of salt and view thier posts for what they are.......Entertainment and a means to pass the time trying to convince them what yutz's they really are.......
    We are Vikings Fans. We have absolutely no reason to believe in a player until he shows us that he can be believed in.

I am definitely going to give the coach some blame when he puts a sloppy offense on the field. Is it totally his fault? No, but it his partly his fault.
    Its the yutz's that put ALL the blame on the HC that just get me rolling in my chair LMFAO over thier lunacy..... ;D
    It's not fair to blame individual mistakes on the coach, but when those penalties and turnovers start to happen on a consistent basis, the case for bad coaching gets easier and easier. At this point it's as if we don't stress ball security at all during the week.

Childress was brought here as a QB guru first and a disciplinarian second.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Yet when Childress put that sloppy team on the field in week one, it was Jackson who got the blame for that loss by the majority of the fans here.

Only a handful of us knew Childress didn't have the team prepared for that game.

Only a few of us stated it prior to playing that game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Its simple really if the Vikings win the North one way or another next week Chilly will be our coach next year.

If fate is against us as it seems to be and the Bears find a way to win the North then Chilly will not be our coach next year.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Yet when Childress put that sloppy team on the field in week one, it was Jackson who got the blame for that loss by the majority of the fans here.

Only a handful of us knew Childress didn't have the team prepared for that game.

I wouldn't call our week one offense sloppy. Ineffective? Yes, but not sloppy.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

It's not fair to blame individual mistakes on the coach, but when those penalties and turnovers start to happen on a consistent basis, the case for bad coaching gets easier and easier. At this point it's as if we don't stress ball security at all during the week.

I still ponder were the "QB Guru" perception came from and why people believe that is the reason he was brought here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"cyviking" wrote:
    Its simple really if the Vikings win the North one way or another next week Chilly will be our coach next year.

If fate is against us as it seems to be and the Bears find a way to win the North then Chilly will not be our coach next year.
    I know that there is still a contingent out there that believe this, however, IMHO unless he loses this team (they quit playing hard for him) he isn't going anywhere.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I still ponder were the "QB Guru" perception came from and why people believe that is the reason he was brought here.
    I've always wondered where that came from as well.
    Along with the notion that he's an "offensive genius", I think he had little to do with the installation and success of Philly's offensive system - that's Andy Reid's baby.

Surely, the guy knows football but is probably not on the "genius" level when it comes to offense; the guy was the OC at Wisconsin for cryin' out loud - run Ron Dayne and let Darrell Bevell pass once in a while.

Just my $.02 worth... ;D
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

I waffle on Childress, because while i believe in what he's doing talent wise, i'm not sure he's the guy to get us over the hump!.. It's almost like a Tony Dungy thing, he get's tampa close and gruden comes in and wins the whole thing... we'll see!!

However, he's been here 3 years now, and we've to this point have had 4 meaningful games, with playoff implications.. the past two seasons seem to mirror themselves, as the same with Mike Tice, under Tice we started fast, and limped down the stretch.. Under chilly, we start slow, get it going during October and November, and right when we need 1 game to clinch, we tank it in....

while some of this may be the players, you dont' see Bill Belichek or Tony Dungy teams completely tank or come out flat in games like we've had the last two years... it goes both ways, but just like Tice teams that showed a trend, i'm starting to see a trend with Chilly teams, and I don't like it!..The jury is out for atleast 1 more game, but seriously, do we think he's the coach that can take us there...?

Yes, every fan of every team may have some shaded glasses on, but we've all seen and know what kind of talent this team has, and for us to underachieve it's just sickening... Granted we're all vikings fans, so we should be used to it, but is that really an excuse?..

I don't blame Chilly for everthing, but overall this is his football team and their lack of focus and heart in BIG games concerns me!..

Purple D is offline Starter

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

I waffle on Childress, because while i believe in what he's doing talent wise, i'm not sure he's the guy to get us over the hump!.. It's almost like a Tony Dungy thing, he get's tampa close and gruden comes in and wins the whole thing... we'll see!!

However, he's been here 3 years now, and we've to this point have had 4 meaningful games, with playoff implications.. the past two seasons seem to mirror themselves, as the same with Mike Tice, under Tice we started fast, and limped down the stretch.. Under chilly, we start slow, get it going during October and November, and right when we need 1 game to clinch, we tank it in....

while some of this may be the players, you dont' see Bill Belichek or Tony Dungy teams completely tank or come out flat in games like we've had the last two years... it goes both ways, but just like Tice teams that showed a trend, i'm starting to see a trend with Chilly teams, and I don't like it!..The jury is out for atleast 1 more game, but seriously, do we think he's the coach that can take us there...?

Yes, every fan of every team may have some shaded glasses on, but we've all seen and know what kind of talent this team has, and for us to underachieve it's just sickening... Granted we're all vikings fans, so we should be used to it, but is that really an excuse?..

I don't blame Chilly for everthing, but overall this is his football team and their lack of focus and heart in BIG games concerns me!..
    I don't think their is a lack of heart, maybe Focus and stick em on our hands but not Heart.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast