Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Childress Haters Chill Out

I was gonna post this in the Game Observations but I think this needs to brought to the for front. Todays game was a frustrating one no doubt but we must try to control the emotions. What I see right now is far to many people trying to put this one on our coaches shoulders. I even heard someone claim we were a poorly coached team because of 3 penalties we had today, rediculous. Coach Childress is responsible for alot of things but he is not responsible for his team fumbling the ball 7 times today or the fact that Darren Sharper continues to try to pick up fumbles instead of falling on them. The bottom line here is that the players are too blame for this loss, especailly Adrian Peterson who would likely be the first one to agree.

I can admit that I was very critical of Brad Childress after the first Detriot game but make no mistake about it, Detriot played there best football games against our team. To claim we won't make the playoffs or will not have sucess with Childress at coach is Ignorance. I've listened to Coach and like Ultra said in the Post Game Thread, protecting the football is #1, we obviously did not do that today and I find it completely out of the control of our Head Coach to not fumble. The players have to do their jobs, its 100% their responsibilty to take care of the football and they likely here this from the Head Coach every week. Childress does not coach this team to fumble games away.

I know for a fact that we are better team than Atlanta but we wern't today, I would welcome a Post Season rematch with open arms. It won't be every week that the ball bounces away from us, this is one of those games you just have to live with and move on.

Before I close this up I would like to say we should be Thankful to have Childress as our Head Coach, I know I am, especailly since the offense has stepped up their game. Childress has recieved much flack for his choice in Tarvaris Jackson and now that is looking like a very good decision, almost brilliant considering what most people thought of him coming out of college, also guys like Shancoe who's had a very good season. Childress will continue to build this team and he will continue to make this team better with every offseason and every draft. Wether you like it or not Childress is the future, your banners and bashing will not sway an Owner who knows better.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Childress Haters Chill Out

I saw portions of the game...sorry your vikings didn't win, though. I don't blame the coach for this one.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It was Chillys fault we didn't fall on the fumble in the endzone

It was Chillys fault when we dropped it 7 times

Only knack I had on Chilly was not giving Cook more help on Abraham.. he is the only guy u gotta worry about on the line.. Chip him with Klienny please

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"V4L" wrote:
    It was Chillys fault we didn't fall on the fumble in the endzone

It was Chillys fault when we dropped it 7 times

Only knack I had on Chilly was not giving Cook more help on Abraham.. he is the only guy u gotta worry about on the line.. Chip him with Klienny please
    If that is your only fault with Chilly, that is great.
    I would have to disagree though.
    I am not sure Cook really needed much help.
    I don't think Abraham hurt us that much at all today.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

And I know u can't keep Jimmy there over all the time.. But Cook was getting run around like crazy.. He was just slow off the ball

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

And I think at times we took advantage of Abraham aggressiveness by running by him as he over pursued

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I was gonna post this in the Game Observations but I think this needs to brought to the for front. Todays game was a frustrating one no doubt but we must try to control the emotions. What I see right now is far to many people trying to put this one on our coaches shoulders. I even heard someone claim we were a poorly coached team because of 3 penalties we had today, rediculous. Coach Childress is responsible for alot of things but he is not responsible for his team fumbling the ball 7 times today or the fact that Darren Sharper continues to try to pick up fumbles instead of falling on them. The bottom line here is that the players are too blame for this loss, especailly Adrian Peterson who would likely be the first one to agree.

I can admit that I was very critical of Brad Childress after the first Detriot game but make no mistake about it, Detriot played there best football games against our team. To claim we won't make the playoffs or will not have sucess with Childress at coach is Ignorance. I've listened to Coach and like Ultra said in the Post Game Thread, protecting the football is #1, we obviously did not do that today and I find it completely out of the control of our Head Coach to not fumble. The players have to do their jobs, its 100% their responsibilty to take care of the football and they likely here this from the Head Coach every week. Childress does not coach this team to fumble games away.

I know for a fact that we are better team than Atlanta but we wern't today, I would welcome a Post Season rematch with open arms. It won't be every week that the ball bounces away from us, this is one of those games you just have to live with and move on.

Before I close this up I would like to say we should be Thankful to have Childress as our Head Coach, I know I am, especailly since the offense has stepped up their game. Childress has recieved much flack for his choice in Tarvaris Jackson and now that is looking like a very good decision, almost brilliant considering what most people thought of him coming out of college, also guys like Shancoe who's had a very good season. Childress will continue to build this team and he will continue to make this team better with every offseason and every draft. Wether you like it or not Childress is the future, your banners and bashing will not sway an Owner who knows better.

Childress wasn't responsible for this loss. But next week, people won't hold back ,if this team fails to make the play offs.
    I won't be one of them.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

ragz is offline GM

listen, most people know i dont like childress, but we had dumb fumbles, player fumbles.
    we lost by 7 and lost the turnover battle 4-0.
    we didn't have many pentalities and pretty much outplayed the falcons on both sides of the ball.
    not a whole lota blame to lay at childress's feet.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

A loss next week would be devistating, I think after what has happened today our players have no chose but to respond. I'm quite sure we will come up with a good game plan and if its executed the way we know we can we will win.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Once we win that Lombardi trophy in Feb the talk will die down. Then we will all be on the edge of our seats wondering if Wilf can tie him up for the extended future

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast