Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86
  1. #1
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    Despite the fact there are several teams with a more bleak record and situation than us . . . BC has the LOWEST fan approval rating of ALL NFL Head Coaches.

    If you think Vikings Fans are tough on Head Coaches . . . check out the undefeated COLTS!

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  2. #2
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    That's not really surprising, given what I read on this site.

    But besides that, I never really liked that ratings list on ESPN

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #3
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    And at #1... Mike Tomlin...

    Why do I smell the "Tony Dungy" experience all over again
    :-
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=52

    Two funny observations.


    1) Apparently an overtime loss to the Lions is enough for the fickle fans of Minnesota to go from 81% approval to 30%.
    2) Childress's approval rating rose by 4% in the bye week.
    Well, I guess we didn't lose this week, so why not... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    I can't get over that Lane Kiffin of the Radios is the second highest rated coach. LOL
    And Cam Cameron who is a "loser" in Miami is higher than Childress.
    I just don't believe "fan" polls.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  6. #6
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    "cogitans" wrote:
    That's not really surprising, given what I read on this site.

    But besides that, I never really liked that ratings list on ESPN
    Oh it's not anything overly scientific . . . but you sure get a gauge how pissed off the fans get when their "team" loses.

    I just can't believe the COLTS don't have a higher regard for their defending Super Bowl Coach that just won a tough matchup with 5 starters out . . . and they are 5-0!
    WOW!

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  7. #7
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=52

    Two funny observations.


    1) Apparently an overtime loss to the Lions is enough for the fickle fans of Minnesota to go from 81% approval to 30%.
    2) Childress's approval rating rose by 4% in the bye week.
    Well, I guess we didn't lose this week, so why not... ;D
    I saw that too.

    I took a sneak peak on some of the other coaches. And I think it's fair to say that the fans are pretty quick in reactions to wins an losses.

    Reid gets a big jump after their good game, but is soon right back in the cellar. Crenell flies up and down in approval. Overall you can make a lot of those observations.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  8. #8
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=52

    Two funny observations.


    1) Apparently an overtime loss to the Lions is enough for the fickle fans of Minnesota to go from 81% approval to 30%.
    2) Childress's approval rating rose by 4% in the bye week.
    Well, I guess we didn't lose this week, so why not... ;D
    I saw that too.

    I took a sneak peak on some of the other coaches. And I think it's fair to say that the fans are pretty quick in reactions to wins an losses.

    Reid gets a big jump after their good game, but is soon right back in the cellar. Crenell flies up and down in approval. Overall you can make a lot of those observations.
    Just goes to show, you're only as good as you're last game.
    And a bye week is good for 4 points if you're coming off a loss... some heads cooled off a little over the break.

    81% to 9% swing in 3 weeks, wow.
    Wonder how much he goes up when we go into Soldier and get back on track?

  9. #9
    tdunc's Avatar
    tdunc is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    80

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    Doesnt suprise me...

    We rip our coach more then any other team rips theirs

    One little mistake and its ALLL his fault

  10. #10
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Childress Has NFL WORST Fan Approval Rating!

    "tdunc" wrote:
    Doesnt suprise me...

    We rip our coach more then any other team rips theirs

    One little mistake and its ALLL his fault
    Are you implying he has only made one mistake?

    Give me a break. The man deserves a poor rating. It's the simple things he does that cost us games.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childress drops in NFL Coach Approval Rating
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 11:31 AM
  2. Re. WOW...Childress has LOWEST Fan approval in the NFL !
    By norsefan1 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 01:19 PM
  3. Childress has 49% rating
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 12:48 AM
  4. Childress #1 in this weeks coach approval rating
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 12:38 AM
  5. Tice approval rating......
    By akvikefan89 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 07:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •