Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Childress Gives Belichick a Wedgie

Now that we know BC has a pair . . . let's see him turn that into several rings!

And one other thing . . . does this mean MOSS will get traded to the PACKERS???
    ;D

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I have more respect for Childress now that I read this. I am glad he didnt' get pushed around.

Although, I think he is a complete dumbass for going public with it the week before the season starts. Can you say distraction?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Fuck Belichick...it's time he gets his comeuppance!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:

OK, now this article really p*sses me off. BC is just supposed to "fold" to Belichek? The whole point is to improve your team so you're not looking for a new job next season. I think Belichek has enough good players. He can go hug his three Lombardy trophies if he wants to cry like a p*ssy. And the writers of this article need to detach their lips from Belichek's a$$. Anyone remember when he coached the Browns?

For once, I'm proud of BC.

It's not b/c he didn't back down, the article is criticizing why he told the story to the press. They're saying that he shouldn't have said what happened, just sign the guy and that be that.

I can agree with the media that he shouldn't have said it to secure maybe later positions, but this tells me that Chiller is commited to STAYING with the Vikings. I mean, he's the HC, of course he is, but we now know he REALLY is, so much so that he's potentially risking other employment opportunities to let the fans and vikings media know what's going on. He had to know that saying the story to the public wouldn't be the best career move, which is why this is great on several levels: 1.) Gets fans and players believing in him more (just read this forum) by knowing he has cajones just as much as any HC out there. He is not overwhelmed by his position, and that was arguable last season. So it shows growth and improvement. 2.) He's obviously opening up to the media. One of the biggest complaints last year was his relationship with media and fans. Now, as we see, he is being more candid, more personable, and sticking up for our team. Gives me hope. a lot of it.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    From PFT:
    CHILDRESS ASKING FOR TROUBLE

Regardless of his motivation for sharing with the media a conversation that he claims to have had with Pats coach Bill Belichick regarding maneuverings at the bottom of their respective rosters, the early reaction from league insiders regarding the harsh comments from Vikings coach Brad Childress regarding Belichick is that Childress made an enormous blunder.

Said one source:
    "Why, in God's name, is Brad Childress talking about Bill Belichick to the press?
    Is [Childress] a complete and senseless silly guy?
    He basically insults one of the most powerful coaches in the league by calling him out as dishonest.
    He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.
    As a reader astutely observed, the coaching industry at the NFL level is fueled by relationships.
    When a coach is fired and begins to look for other work, he relies on those relationships.
    So why would any head coach gratuitously alienate a current head coach who has plenty of friends?

Indeed, if Childress is accurate in his belief that Belichick was trying to leverage the Vikings into not claiming tight end Garrett Mills on waivers, who's to say that Belichick won't eventually try to leverage some other team into not giving a job to Childress when/if/when he's fired by the Vikings?
    I like PFT a lot, but I disaprove of this entry.
    I understand they're criticizing Childress from the perspective of his future coaching/job opportunities, but even then I think they're missing a lot.

First, the whole thing that Belichick is a 'powerful' coach.
    I agree that Belichick has job security in Foxboro, but I don't think Wilf calls him to ask permission on how to run his franchise, or any of the other 31 franchises (even Kraft might be allowed to go to the bathroom without a hallpass from Belichick).
    Did the Steelers get his permission before hiring Tomlin?
    Chargers call him up in the offseason to ask him what they should do with their coaching situation?
    Just garbage.
    Yeah, people in the industry talk, but the words of a bitter old man will be recognized for what they are.

Second, the 'plenty of friends' line doesn't seem right to me.
    I think most people in the league respect him.
    But everytime you see him playing a former co-worker, the media talks about how they don't get along (I'm thinking Mangenius - who Belichick didn't want to get the job he did, right?).
    I know everybody loves the way he stretches the injury report.
    I'm sure the fringe players on his roster are going to love him now that they know he likes to try to keep them from getting better jobs and making more money so that he can force them to play on his team.

This is a little long-winded, but I can't stand the idea that this guy is messing with these player's careers.
    He doesn't want his guy to have a chance to make a roster and earn a better paycheck?
    Cheat to win and all, but he betrayed one of his players.
    This isn't franchising someone (within the rules), this is lying to and decieving your own player in order to take advantage.
    Childress did the right thing by calling this guy out.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I certainly don't care about Chill's future job prospects. My hope is that he is INDEED the right HC in Minny, in which case the only job he would need is here. Let Chill build his own dynasty, and Bullycheck's won't matter. I'd rather Chill retire as a sucessful Viking HC, and go fishing with Bud, than be lining up for Bill's handouts after failing here. I'm a guessin this Mills kid must have some potential.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    I pointed that out on page one to no avail.

I gave up.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Monday notes/Practice squad additions[/size]

September 3rd, 2007 – 1:43 PM by
    Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com

Coach Brad Childress’ appearance on Softballs with Sid is causing a bit of a stir, at least in media circles.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I pointed that out on page one to no avail.

I gave up.
    I know you did. It's difficult to decide where to put the article, as both threads are equally relevant.

I chose this solution of posting it over in the fan forum, and posting this link between the threads.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast