Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress Gives Belichick a Wedgie

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    From PFT:
    CHILDRESS ASKING FOR TROUBLE

Regardless of his motivation for sharing with the media a conversation that he claims to have had with Pats coach Bill Belichick regarding maneuverings at the bottom of their respective rosters, the early reaction from league insiders regarding the harsh comments from Vikings coach Brad Childress regarding Belichick is that Childress made an enormous blunder.

Said one source:
    "Why, in God's name, is Brad Childress talking about Bill Belichick to the press?
    Is [Childress] a complete and senseless moron?
    He basically insults one of the most powerful coaches in the league by calling him out as dishonest.
    He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.
    As a reader astutely observed, the coaching industry at the NFL level is fueled by relationships.
    When a coach is fired and begins to look for other work, he relies on those relationships.
    So why would any head coach gratuitously alienate a current head coach who has plenty of friends?

Indeed, if Childress is accurate in his belief that Belichick was trying to leverage the Vikings into not claiming tight end Garrett Mills on waivers, who's to say that Belichick won't eventually try to leverage some other team into not giving a job to Childress when/if/when he's fired by the Vikings?

Nice read Cojo, and I'm sure this goes on in the league, way more than most people think.
    But I look at it this way, if Chili went along with B, he'd then be in B's pocket and then Chili might as well label himself B's little B I T C H......And if this ever got out to the players, how Chili backed down to another coach, how do you think they would react..

I think more of Chili now than I did before, and I like him even more for what he did.
    This could also send a messege to his players, that he is commmited to do anything it takes, within legal meens that is, to make this team the best it can be and to bring us a championship....I bet the players are really pumped over this situation and look up to Chili all that much more because of it...

I know I do, and this is exactly how I want a leader to act, tough and smart....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    From PFT:

Regardless of his motivation for sharing with the media a conversation that he claims to have had with Pats coach Bill Belichick regarding maneuverings at the bottom of their respective rosters, the early reaction from league insiders regarding the harsh comments from Vikings coach Brad Childress regarding Belichick is that Childress made an enormous blunder.

Said one source:
    "Why, in God's name, is Brad Childress talking about Bill Belichick to the press?
    Is [Childress] a complete and senseless moron?
    He basically insults one of the most powerful coaches in the league by calling him out as dishonest.
    He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.
    As a reader astutely observed, the coaching industry at the NFL level is fueled by relationships.
    When a coach is fired and begins to look for other work, he relies on those relationships.
    So why would any head coach gratuitously alienate a current head coach who has plenty of friends?

Indeed, if Childress is accurate in his belief that Belichick was trying to leverage the Vikings into not claiming tight end Garrett Mills on waivers, who's to say that Belichick won't eventually try to leverage some other team into not giving a job to Childress when/if/when he's fired by the Vikings?
    It's nothing more than a cat & mouse game. I think, IMO, regardless of what Belichek told Childress, he was still going to go after Thigpen anyways after Mills was safely on the practice squad. KC just got to him first.

This is the NFL. If you see a player on waivers that you like............go get him!

I would have told Belichek I wouldn't go after him & then turn right around & take him.

Ah! a new & different kind of pill to swallow.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    From PFT:

Said one source:
    Is [Childress] a complete and senseless silly guy?
    He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.

It's nothing more than a cat & mouse game. I think, IMO, regardless of what Belichek told Childress, he was still going to go after Thigpen anyways after Mills was safely on the practice squad. KC just got to him first.

This is the NFL. If you see a player on waivers that you like............go get him!

OK, now this article really p*sses me off. BC is just supposed to "fold" to Belichek? The whole point is to improve your team so you're not looking for a new job next season. I think Belichek has enough good players. He can go hug his three Lombardy trophies if he wants to cry like a p*ssy. And the writers of this article need to detach their lips from Belichek's a$$. Anyone remember when he coached the Browns?

For once, I'm proud of BC.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Good for Childress, Belichick doesn't sign his paycheck and if he did't want to exposed Mills to 31 other teams he should have given him a roster spot.
    Bill you don't run the league and the Vikes aren't
    laying down for you.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Not sure how this got out in the press, that's the ONLY possible decent point brought out by this guy.
    And, could you imagine the angle should Childress have agreed?
    The Vikes have a ways to go, but that kind of leadership doesn't grow on trees.

In the words of one of our most famous former Presidents, John F Kennedy, Leaders do what's right, managers do the right thing.
    In this instance, Childress did what he thought was right for the Vikes, not the right thing according to the blogger or writer.
    I may be wrong, but this seems to be further indication that the owner, coach and GM are all together.
    Good job Chilly!

Floop the Patriots and the almighty Belichick....:'( :'( :'(

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Woot go chili

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

A person can not befriend everyone without looking soft.

Do you want a soft coach?
    Is someone going to hire a soft coach?

classic 9 G post

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I am so ready for a Vikes-Pats Super Bowl now. David vs. Goliath. Childress vs. Belicheck. Moss vs. his old team.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Great read Prophet, I'm a little sissapointed though.
    I was expecting an onion article.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

This must one of the best reads in a long time.

Stick that offer up your F-ing ass Bill, what he's trying to do is verry verry pathetic and i'm glad we could sign him to our roster is it's true he has some talent
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast