COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress gets vote of confidence from Wilf

http://www.winonadailynews.com/articles/2007/08/04/sports/04vikings.txt

A rocky first season that included a 6-10 record and one of the worst offenses in franchise history isn’t stopping Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf from supporting coach Brad Childress.

In an interview with The Associated Press on Friday, Wilf was asked if another rough season like his first one would make the owner question his hiring of Childress...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: No Title -- But Good Article on Wilf & Childress

Cojo, you can edit you post & change the title to:

[size=12pt]Childress gets vote of confidence from Wilf[/size]

That's what I'm seeing for title for the same story elsewhere.

http://www.in-forum.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8QPUJ901

http://www.wctrib.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8QPUJ901

http://wcco.com/sports/local_story_215225211.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress gets vote of confidence from Wilf

A rocky first season that included a 6-10 record and one of the worst offenses in franchise history isn’t stopping Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf from supporting coach Brad Childress.

In an interview with The Associated Press on Friday, Wilf was asked if another rough season like his first one would make the owner question his hiring of Childress.

“No not at all,” Wilf said. “I have more faith in our coaching staff and our players and our team than I ever have. I hope as the years go on we will be that much more confident in the direction we’re going. We’ll just have to see how the season turns out. I’m very confident we’re on the right track with what we’re doing.”...
    That cracked me up....just thinking of some of the naysayers reading that makes me laugh.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

In an interview with The Associated Press on Friday, Wilf was asked if another rough season like his first one would make the owner question his hiring of Childress.

“No not at all,” Wilf said. “I have more faith in our coaching staff and our players and our team than I ever have. I hope as the years go on we will be that much more confident in the direction we’re going. We’ll just have to see how the season turns out. I’m very confident we’re on the right track with what we’re doing.”...
    That cracked me up....just thinking of some of the naysayers reading that makes me laugh.

I hear you Prophet, and I've been believing all along that Wilf is in this for the long haul, and between his believing in our Coaches, Players and Fans, Wilf will bring us that Super Bowl Win, that we have been looking so long for.....Not only that, but I believe he is set on building our own dynesty here in MN.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Well I hope if Childress doesn't end up panning out that Wilf will continue to believe in him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Some other historical data to put it into perspective:

NY TIMES NEWS SERVICE, NEW YORK
    Sunday, Sep 25, 2005

Whether the Vikings can turn things around quickly enough to save coach Mike Tice's job remains to be seen. In the off-season, Tice was fined US$100,000 by the league for scalping Super Bowl tickets. He is now in the option year of his contract, working for a new owner, Zygi Wilf, who took over last spring.

Wilf said this week that Tice will "absolutely" remain as coach for the rest of the season. Wilf, in a telephone interview from his business office in Short Hills, New Jersey, said he met with Tice on Monday and never discussed his status.

"That wasn't even brought up," Wilf said. "What we discussed was, pretty much, the season and the long-term philosophy of the organization." Wilf said he remained confident in Tice and his coaches, adding, "There's no question we're going to turn it around."