Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is Childress a Genius Now???

If he is, hopefully Wilf will figure it out quicker than Detroit did...

Caine

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

LOL this thread made me chuckle. Childress is 9-15. Some geniuss heh. The reason we won today? Childress still think TJ is the best QB and when brooks came in the second half he decided to run AD more so BB couldnt mess it up. If TJ was in there I doubt AD would have had 30 carries. At least he didnt throw any red flags this week. When will he learn how to manage the clock...

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i thought this thread was a joke.
    childress did everything he could to lose the game with the way he managed the last 2:30 of the first half, which ended up leading to san diegos 14-7 lead.

also, why has mewelde not been returning punts when hes active, why is sidney rice and shiancoe not more involved in the offense, and why did it take so long to play some bump and run and blitz a little bit?
    now are these things gonna be permanent changes, or are we going to go back to the same vikings when petersen doesn't rush for 200 yards?
    everything you just said, besides the thing about the end of the first half (which for all we know might not even be his fault, could just as easily be tavaris')

But yea

why is sidney rice and shiancoe not more involved in the offense
    because we havnt had a quarterback or passing game to get it to them.

why has mewelde not been returning punts when hes active
    idk what game you were watching, but mewelde was our punt return man today lol

why did it take so long to play some bump and run and blitz a little bit?
    i know we dont have the sacks to prove it, but if its one thing people have praised leslie frazier for is blitzing a lot more than tomlin did.
    Both coordinators have stressed how important it is to get pressure with your front 4, but we all know u have to throw in some blitzes every now and then.

He calls a hell of a lot more than were called last year.
    how are these things not his fault.
    is he not the main decision maker.
    mewelde has been active like the last 3 weeks and he returned punts for the first time today cuz wade was banged up.
    but moore has proven to be a good threat while wade is by far nothing special.l
    so basically we've had moore active the last 2 weeks to cover kickoffs alone, nice utilizing your talent.

and if tavaris is gonna get blamed for everything since he's finished all of 4 games, then wouldnt that fall on childress also, since he was part of drafting him and definitely part of giving him the reigns this year.
    and were in game 8, and i believe a few qbs have played and there were games shiancoe didn't get thrown at, and where sidney rice wasn't even on the field.
    i believe personel decisions are still part of coaching.

and people talk about leslie frazier being a guy that blitzes, but if you watched the previous games we were not blitzing and when we did we were giving cushion.
    i.e" blitzing and bump and run".
    we were alot more creative, sending corners, safeties, e.j. alot more and becuz of the tighter coverage, allowed the blitz to get there and force early and bad throws.
    so if childress deserves credit for taht, ok, but if i recall the defense played great in the first half too and we were still losing 14-7 thanx to childress so take that for what it's worth.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Got to give it to Childress, i suppose this was the offense he always wanted, people please we had 5 offensive TD's today isn't that a huge improvement?
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    childress did everything he could to lose the game with the way he managed the last 2:30 of the first half, which ended up leading to san diegos 14-7 lead.

also, why has mewelde not been returning punts when hes active, why is sidney rice and shiancoe not more involved in the offense, and why did it take so long to play some bump and run and blitz a little bit?
    now are these things gonna be permanent changes, or are we going to go back to the same vikings when petersen doesn't rush for 200 yards?
    everything you just said, besides the thing about the end of the first half (which for all we know might not even be his fault, could just as easily be tavaris')

But yea

i know we dont have the sacks to prove it, but if its one thing people have praised leslie frazier for is blitzing a lot more than tomlin did.
    Both coordinators have stressed how important it is to get pressure with your front 4, but we all know u have to throw in some blitzes every now and then.

mewelde has been active like the last 3 weeks and he returned punts for the first time today cuz wade was banged up.
    so basically we've had moore active the last 2 weeks to cover kickoffs alone, nice utilizing your talent.

and if tavaris is gonna get blamed for everything since he's finished all of 4 games, then wouldnt that fall on childress also, since he was part of drafting him and definitely part of giving him the reigns this year.
    and were in game 8, and i believe a few qbs have played and there were games shiancoe didn't get thrown at, and where sidney rice wasn't even on the field.

and people talk about leslie frazier being a guy that blitzes, but if you watched the previous games we were not blitzing and when we did we were giving cushion.
    we were alot more creative, sending corners, safeties, e.j. alot more and becuz of the tighter coverage, allowed the blitz to get there and force early and bad throws.
    so if childress deserves credit for taht, ok, but if i recall the defense played great in the first half too and we were still losing 14-7 thanx to childress so take that for what it's worth.
    i stopped reading your post after the first sentense since you apparantly didnt read mine very well.
    The only thing that i said MIGHT not be his fault, was the time management at the end of the first half

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

But yea

i stopped reading your post after the first sentense since you apparantly didnt read mine very well.
    The only thing that i said MIGHT not be his fault, was the time management at the end of the first half
    well then why all the excuses
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

tcvike is offline Waterboy

Once Bollinger entered the game you see the attitude of the vikings change they had an extra kick in there step. I would say the players would rather have him in there than TJ. If Childress continues to play Bollinger then maybe he started to figure it out. No team is afraid of TJ throwing against them and so they bring the extra man up to stop AD. I don't like Childress and regardless of the rest of the season he needs to go at the end.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Is Childress a Genius Now???
    No, he's still a twat.

But I did see some improvements in this game, that can't be denied. Baring that retarded FG attempt, of course. If you're gonna attempt a 120 yard field goal, have some one cover the bloody return.

Jeremy is offline Starter

Peterson basically single handedly beat a team for the second time this year. The guy is a freak like Randy Moss is a freak at WR. The smart thing would be to continue to not use Peterson on kick returns and continue to give him quite a few carries every game. Last time Peterson ran for 200+ he was given 12 carries the fallowing game. Last time the Vikings faced the packers Peterson was given 12 carries. You never know what to expect from Mr Secret Squirrel. Hepefully they aviod the Dallas gameplan to fool the other team by not handing the ball off to Peterson.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We executed the gameplan that Childress designed. If we had executed the gameplans all season we might just give coach Childress some more respect. Sure I'd like to know what happened with the clock management at the end of the first half, but overall we are starting to get better at the system the coaches have implemented. Tarvaris before getting hurt was on fire. It's a shame he got hurt, but I hope he will continue to run when the oppurtunity arises.

I like where we are heading under Coach Childress, and I can see clearly the improvements on this team. It is often hard to sit through transistional periods, but we are getting better and the second half of the season will be a good barometer for us to guage Childress and this team on.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast