Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: Is Childress a Genius Now???

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Id say no.

Let's see. Time Management on the final drive of the half burning 40 seconds more then he needed to resulting in Longwell attempting a 58 yarder. Not too good. Having Taylor in too much at the goal line and not your best player causing a fumble. Not very good calls from what I saw. Just overcame by a great effort. They do too much run-run-run-run now run doesnt work so its 3rd in long and we pass-pass-pass until they stop that. No mixing it up. At many times they need to do play action. But hey we walked away with a W against a very dominent Charger football team so lets not look into the negatives huh. I'd just say Defense came to play.
    most of your points im not going to argue since they're valid, but having taylor in too much at the goal line.. you cant put that as a negative point for childress.
    #1 cuz its completely understandable why he did it, he was a productive back as the starter last year and its fair to give him a shot to get a TD here and there.
    Plus taylor is plenty capable of pounding it in for 6, he's proven that.
    And besides, did or did not the "best young player" (who i now have a massive man-crush on) also fumble in that game?

And besides, Taylor had what, 9 carries? Peterson had 30.
    I think he got plenty of touches lol
    True. My only implication was that it makes since to have your best player who is capable of pounding the ball on the feild at the goal line but I can't argue with you
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Fire Childress.

He's only seems like a good coach when AP has an amazing 200+ yard game... or if we play Joey Harrington.

Childress sucks. I don't care if we won yesterday or not. He is clueless. Get rid of him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Freya" wrote:
    NO. But he did a pretty good imitation of one yesterday.
    That is only because T-Jack got hurt.
    ;D
    At least that's what I'm getting from most people's posts.
    If T-Jack continued to play the Bolts would not have had to respect the pass, resulting in the field not being stretched for AD to run like he did.
    My guess is that if Bollinger didn't enter the game it would have been close at the end and we would have lost.
    jmho

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Childress is a douchebag. That's all.

"C" wrote:
    Fire Childress.

He's only seems like a good coach when AP has an amazing 200+ yard game... or if we play Joey Harrington.

Childress sucks. I don't care if we won yesterday or not. He is clueless. Get rid of him.
    "C" wrote:
    You have strong feelings on the subject C Mac D

;D

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"SKOL" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Fire Childress.

"C" wrote:
    You have strong feelings on the subject C Mac D
    ;D
    Haha... what can I say... I calls it likes I sees it...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    Fire Childress.

*snooze*

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Id say no.

Let's see. Time Management on the final drive of the half burning 40 seconds more then he needed to resulting in Longwell attempting a 58 yarder. Not too good. Having Taylor in too much at the goal line and not your best player causing a fumble. Not very good calls from what I saw. Just overcame by a great effort. They do too much run-run-run-run now run doesnt work so its 3rd in long and we pass-pass-pass until they stop that. No mixing it up. At many times they need to do play action. But hey we walked away with a W against a very dominent Charger football team so lets not look into the negatives huh. I'd just say Defense came to play.
    most of your points im not going to argue since they're valid, but having taylor in too much at the goal line.. you cant put that as a negative point for childress.
    #1 cuz its completely understandable why he did it, he was a productive back as the starter last year and its fair to give him a shot to get a TD here and there.
    And besides, did or did not the "best young player" (who i now have a massive man-crush on) also fumble in that game?

True. My only implication was that it makes since to have your best player who is capable of pounding the ball on the feild at the goal line but I can't argue with you
    Taylor is the pound it up the middle guy.
    AD is the guy who rolls out looking for the gap.
    Not too many gaps when you
    have 8 on the line.

As for Childress...complete idiot.
    Put Jackson in there and 8 guys on the line every play because the opposition and every Viking fan knows that he can't play at this level (except Childress).
    As soon as Bollinger went in there...5 guys on the line because Bollinger can actually pass.
    5 guys on the line is also an invitation for AD to run All Day.
    (also nice strike to Rice!)
    I would venture to say CHildress is so stubborn he will find a way to put TJAck in, concussion and all.

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Id say no.

Taylor is the pound it up the middle guy.
    AD is the guy who rolls out looking for the gap.
    Not too many gaps when you
    have 8 on the line.

As for Childress...complete idiot.
    Put Jackson in there and 8 guys on the line every play because the opposition and every Viking fan knows that he can't play at this level (except Childress).
    As soon as Bollinger went in there...5 guys on the line because Bollinger can actually pass.
    5 guys on the line is also an invitation for AD to run All Day.
    (also nice strike to Rice!)
    I would venture to say CHildress is so stubborn he will find a way to put TJAck in, concussion and all.

You can say that again.

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast