Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress ends talk of Culpepper

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'm looking forward to the thread titled, "PP.O ends talks of Culpepper".
    :lol: You should make one!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Childress ends talk of Culpepper[/size]

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: March 21, 2006 – 10:29 PM

In what he indicated were his final comments about the trade of quarterback Daunte Culpepper, Vikings coach Brad Childress confirmed Tuesday that he turned down Culpepper's request for a playbook [size=24px]during the formative stages of their relationship[/size].

Childress ends talk of Culpepper

Mark Rosen had reported on Kfan that the Vikings had sent a laptop to Daunte with the playbook and that it had not been opened. With this statement from Childress that could not have been correct.
    Not true, whack...the "formative stages" most likely only refer to the first week of their relationship...after which Childress most likely caved and sent Daunte the playbook.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I'm becoming more and more convinced this guy is a loser. (Childress.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Del Rio Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Hey Randy:

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

I was saying NFL history had proven it, two teams struggled on both... When Moss was traded everyone was bagging the Vikes saying they got no value and Harris was mediocre at best... Just because you are on a team that went to a SB doesnt mean you are a stud. Again if he is a powerhouse at MLB then let him play... But if hes not going to play that position where he may actually be good then whats the point of keeping him?

Del Rio Guest

The point wasn't simply his appearance in the SB it was him starting on a top 5 defense in the superbowl...came up with a huge sack in the Titans game in the AFC championship game,name to the all rookie team because of his contibution to the SB team. Then he followed it up with insane numbers at MLB the next year too.

He may very well get that chance this season. He has never had the opportunity here, he started on the outside.

"He was crappy in Oakland too, what was the excuse there?"
    "I never followed Nap when he was in Oakland"

That about sums it up for me.

He is capable to play better then he did if they allow him to play at MLB.
    He got a bad wrap because of the Moss trade, this can be seen by fans ignorantly saying stuff like "he was crappy in Oakland too...."
    Childress said they have a good idea of our in house MLB
    I suggested it is Napo.

I never said he was a STUD or he is the greatest. I merely stated he can be the man in the position, and probably is. Me posting his stats and a few of his talents were a return from you blindly saying he sucked in Oakland without even knowing. I wasn't out to prove he was a STUD or the best ever.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I have a very very bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing. I think his comments comparing Culpepper to TO were outrageous. I am really skeptical about this guy for now.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Del Rio Guest

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I have a very very bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing. I think his comments comparing Culpepper to TO were outrageous. I am really skeptical about this guy for now.
    I didn't read that thread in its entirety. From what I heard on ESPN he only stated that Culpepper reminded him of TO because all he heard about was money.

Was that the extent of his comments or did he take them further?

Prophet Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I didn't read that thread in its entirety. From what I heard on ESPN he only stated that Culpepper reminded him of TO because all he heard about was money.

KFFL excerpt
    Vikings | Childress says Culpepper all about the money
    Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:41:42 -0800

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports in Friday's edition, March 17, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, first-year Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said what QB Daunte Culpepper was seeking was more money and lots of it. "Somewhere there is a buy-in factor. I just didn't think that was the case," Childress said. "Right from the beginning. As I mentioned, I never had a conversation with him about this football team. It was always about what he needed financially and money. I never heard team, I always heard me and I and, 'I need $10 million. I'm a $10 million-dollar-a-year quarterback.'"

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

well of course it could be gossip but everybody at my bar yesterday (I was at work from open until close so I didn't get to see any news yesterday) said that Childress had been running his mouth about DFaunte and it was really unclassy. I thinkl the comparison itself whether it was in light of money or not was really uncalled for. It's really bad press for Daunte which he didn't need any more of and for Childress to say that after the fact when Daunte is trying to move on seems really childish and uneccesary to me.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast