Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress' curious play calling helps Cowboys contain Peterson

"C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ...The spread sheet I refer to my friend is that which I keep to remind me of the percieved knowledge that posters on this site have...
    So, what are the categories on the spreadsheet?
    Asshat, donkey butt, jerk, silly guy, idiot?
    It might be easier to just have a word file and put everyone's name on it under idiot.
    It would save you time and effort.
    Is it possible to be in every category?

Fire Childress.

Brad Childress walks into a pharmacy and asks assistant for an anal deodorant. The assistant explains that they don't stock them. Childress insists that he bought his last one from this store.

The assistant passes man on to the pharmacist, who explains that store has never stocked such an item. Chilly explains he bought his last one from this store only weeks ago and has done for several years. The pharmacist asks Childress to bring in his last purchase and he will try to match the product.

The following day, Chilly returns to the pharmacy and shows the deodorant to the pharmacist. The pharmacist asks why he thinks this is an anal deodorant, when it is obviously of the underarm stick variety. Childress explains that instructions on reverse state, 'Push up bottom to use.'
    My spread sheet.

a. Those who have a clue.
    Probably played at some level (High School or Above) or coached.

These usually have the same opinions as I do or at least can articulate an opinion that might make me change mine.
    In a few cases people in this column do know more than me (or atleast thats my opinion of them).

b. Those who seem to have a clue but are a bit off.
    Probably never been on a field or coached.

These come up with stuff that I might not have thought of.
    Also they can form sensible arguments.
    Very easily swayed to my opinion or others that fall into column (a).

c.
    Those who have no clue but still seem to be pretty intelligent and can be reasoned with.

Same as b only it takes a bit more effort to make them see the errors of thier ways.

d. Those who have no clue and think they do.
    Unable to reason with them at all.

These guys are usually the ones that posters that fall into columns (a) and (b) call haters.
    Pretty much a waste of effort to try to help them understand even the basics of football, however, I still try.

e.
    Just here for the beer.
    Have some sort of love for the team but love the kinship with other fans of thier team.

These type of people are necessary to keeping the site fun and enjoyable for all.
    Most of them crack me up on a continual basis.

f. Owner of the site.
    It doesn't matter what catagory he falls under.
    He owns the site.

This guy has his own column for obvious reasons and with very few exceptions should ever be questioned.
    He owns that right.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

douginc is offline Starter

At this point, no one should berate anyone who is Anti-Brad Childress.
    Anti-Childress just means Pro-Winning, in favor of a coach who coms out with a higher score than his opponent by the end of the game.
    Not excuses as to why he is loses constantly, being complacent with keeping the score close, but rather genuine wins.
    Until he has a better than .500 record, you cannot insult his insulters.

It's perfectly acceptable to say something like "Brad Childress will be a quality winning coach, he simply needs more time".
    But, at this point, Childress has his unruly crowd not for phantom reasons.

The Bears game was completely reminiscent of last year's Seattle game.
    Both were former Super Bowl runner ups, both overrated the following year.
    We had an entire week of preparation for one team, we finally put points on the board, and everyone thought it was a ressurection of the team, yet the following week, it was business as usual.
    This year, however, Dallas isn't quite the team that New England is, so our flaws weren't so boldly highlighted.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    My spread sheet.

a. Those who have a clue.
    Probably played at some level (High School or Above) or coached.

These usually have the same opinions as I do or at least can articulate an opinion that might make me change mine.
    In a few cases people in this column do know more than me (or atleast thats my opinion of them).

b. Those who seem to have a clue but are a bit off.
    Probably never been on a field or coached.

These come up with stuff that I might not have thought of.
    Also they can form sensible arguments.
    Very easily swayed to my opinion or others that fall into column (a).

c.
    Those who have no clue but still seem to be pretty intelligent and can be reasoned with.

Same as b only it takes a bit more effort to make them see the errors of thier ways.

d. Those who have no clue and think they do.
    Unable to reason with them at all.

These guys are usually the ones that posters that fall into columns (a) and (b) call haters.
    Pretty much a waste of effort to try to help them understand even the basics of football, however, I still try.

e.
    Just here for the beer.
    Have some sort of love for the team but love the kinship with other fans of thier team.

These type of people are necessary to keeping the site fun and enjoyable for all.
    Most of them crack me up on a continual basis.

f. Owner of the site.
    It doesn't matter what catagory he falls under.
    He owns the site.

This guy has his own column for obvious reasons and with very few exceptions should ever be questioned.
    He owns that right.
    I'm pretty D/E in reality... but I like to believe I'm C/E... regardless, I love the beer.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"douginc" wrote:
    At this point, no one should berate anyone who is Anti-Brad Childress.
    Anti-Childress just means Pro-Winning, in favor of a coach who coms out with a higher score than his opponent by the end of the game.
    Not excuses as to why he is loses constantly, being complacent with keeping the score close, but rather genuine wins.
    Until he has a better than .500 record, you cannot insult his insulters.

It's perfectly acceptable to say something like "Brad Childress will be a quality winning coach, he simply needs more time".
    But, at this point, Childress has his unruly crowd not for phantom reasons.

The Bears game was completely reminiscent of last year's Seattle game.
    Both were former Super Bowl runner ups, both overrated the following year.
    We had an entire week of preparation for one team, we finally put points on the board, and everyone thought it was a ressurection of the team, yet the following week, it was business as usual.
    This year, however, Dallas isn't quite the team that New England is, so our flaws weren't so boldly highlighted.
    Very interesting point of discussion my friend.

Do you think we do better off the bye because it takes the coaching staff (not just the chiller mind you) to prepare or do you think that the extra time off allows the coaches a better opportunity to prep the younger players?

I kindof lean towards the second opinion.
    :

Very nice post, none the less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

marr stick this on your spreadsheet
    Purplepride.org is more than a simple fan site for Vikings fans from around the world.
    It is an open, welcoming community in which Vikings fans from every walk and corner of the world
    Its a site which if you have a opinion other than Marrdo or his groupies Your sure to be properly subjected to snide rip about a spreadsheet or postcount=intelligence comment
    The rest of the country saw yesterday that Childress is suspect at best, your boy TJack couldnt QB is way out of a wet paper bag....yet youll refuse to see and throw blame everywhere but at TJ or chilly thats your M.O.
    On the cowboys postgame yesterday the def. players were wondering what was going on with Vikings playcalling because they said it played right into their gameplan of "we are going to make them beat us with their QB"

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Purplepride.org is more than a simple fan site for Vikings fans from around the world.
    It is an open, welcoming community in which Vikings fans from every walk and corner of the world
    Its a site which if you have a opinion other than Marrdo or his groupies Your sure to be properly subjected to snide rip about a spreadsheet or postcount=intelligence comment
    The rest of the country saw yesterday that Childress is suspect at best, your boy TJack couldnt QB is way out of a wet paper bag....yet youll refuse to see and throw blame everywhere but at TJ or chilly thats your M.O.
    On the cowboys postgame yesterday the def. players were wondering what was going on with Vikings playcalling because they said it played right into their gameplan of "we are going to make them beat us with their QB"
    HA!!! Great post... preaching to the choir.

"The Webby Fraternity"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

My 7 yr old son said, 'Daddy, I think the Cowboys will try to make us pass the whole game'.
    I'm guessing that 'playing into the gameplan' isn't some kind of ingenious thought.
    A top-rated rushing attack with a rookie QB and a bunch of WRs that are suspect.
    Hmmmm, that was a tough call.

There is a pattern here.
    Some people like to pull stuff out of their ass and treat it like fact and there are many on this site that will call them on it.
    Tough break for the morons, guess life itself is a tough break for them.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    Childress' curious play calling helps Cowboys contain Peterson

By Matt Mosley
    ESPN.com

"It's never a good sign when opposing players are trying desperately to make excuses for you."
    Yup.
    More ignoring of actual game situations in favor of a 3rd-grader's interpretation of the stats line.

=Z=
    I have checked the spread sheet.
    I know of at least 8 posters on here that actually will believe this drivel and comment with something along the lines of "Fire Childress" or "Childress Can't Make Adjustments".

Amazing what people will believe cause they read it in print.

The spreadsheet never lies my friend.
    ;D
    Including the loss category

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    I couldn't agree more.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    I couldn't agree more.
    I like Marrdro, although sometimes his arrogance is shines just a bit brighter than the sun...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast