singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Childress could have a track on ex-Eagles

[size=13pt]Childress could have a track on ex-Eagles[/size]

Last update: August 30, 2006 – 11:09 PM

The Vikings' connection to Philadelphia has given them the opportunity to consider two more players for positions of need.

The Eagles released receiver Todd Pinkston and quarterback Koy Detmer on Wednesday, but as of Wednesday evening it was unclear whether the Vikings had interest in signing either one. Coach Brad Childress, an Eagles assistant coach from 1999-2005, traveled with the team to Dallas and was unavailable for comment.

The Vikings attempted Wednesday to sign free agent quarterback A.J. Feeley, but Feeley re-signed with the Eagles instead. His arrival hastened Detmer's departure.

Pinkston would be a logical target for the Vikings, who released receiver Koren Robinson last weekend and have only two proven veterans on their roster: Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson. Taylor and second-year player Troy Williamson are penciled in as starters.

Pinkston, the Eagles' second-round draft pick in 2000, did not play last season because of a ruptured Achilles tendon. Soreness limited him in training camp this summer, and he caught one pass in the preseason.

Meanwhile, Friday is the New England Patriots' deadline for accepting any trade offers for holdout receiver Deion Branch. After drafting Williamson in the first round in 2005, the Vikings almost certainly would not be willing to give the Patriots their 2007 first-round pick -- New England's rumored asking price -- for Branch.

The Vikings worked out receiver Derrick Hamilton on Tuesday but have not signed him.

KEVIN SEIFERT

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress could have a track on ex-Eagles

I wouldn't mind us bringing in Detmer for a look, but I'm not that High on Pinkston, espeicaly coming off that injury.

From what I've seen, I rather see our coaches spend time on and try to work into the recievers roll, Carter, more often......Also, keep our eyes glued to the WR's that will be hitting the wires soon enough....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.