[size=13pt]Childress content with his young QBs[/size]

But he doesn't rule out adding a veteran

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress content with his young QBs

[size=13pt]Vikings: It's Jackson, Bollinger at quarterback, for now[/size]

The team expects to open training camp that way, and wait until later in the summer to consider acquiring depth at the position.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings Don't Plan On Acquiring QB Yet[/size]

Posted Jul 17th 2007 8:38PM
    by JJ Cooper
    sports.aol.com

Kevin Seifert's always informative Vikings blog has plenty of news today. Brad Childress apparently explained Tuesday that despite rumors of an impending trade for backup quarterback Kelly Holcomb, he plans to go into training camp with what he's got now: Tarvaris Jackson as the starter, Brooks Bollinger as the backup and Taylor Thigpen (or maybe Drew Henson) in the No. 3 spot....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I think Tarvaris will be fine, however Holcomb would be a better back-up than Bollinger. Childress has all his eggs in one baskett, or he has a poker face on.

Really I just hope T-Jack doesn't get hurt. That way our season will be much better than the experts think.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"cogitans" wrote:

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press
    Damn right Sean Jensen!
    Chili likes em young, hot, and controversial!

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

You missunderstood that quote PHOD.

The Vikings are set to report to training camp on July 25. Childress said both quarterbacks would get time with the first-team offense in camp
    That is what he is refering to.

He wants all legitimate QBs to get time with the 1st team, not strictly the Qb third on the depth chart practices strictly with the 3rd team. He definitely wasn't calling our starting line 3rd string.
    Chili and the crew were the ones that brought Hutch in here.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press
    I don't think it's fair that you evaluate a third quarterback behind a third- or fourth-string line and throwing to third-string receivers," -(Childress)
    If thats what he think of our quarterback, O line, and receiver corp maybe he wants to take back his statement "It's a kick@$$ offense"

Our O line is a 3rd or 4th string line??? That makes sense. Thats why we had two pro-bowlers on the line (Matt Birk (C) and Steve Hutchinson (G) ). Thtas kind of stupid to say don't you think? We had one of the best O lines in the league. I don't think we had 3rd or 4th string material in there and Travis Taylor was necessarily a 3rd. Probably a 2 but a 3. I dont know about that statement.
    Holy pooh, have you been drinking already?
    Here is the whole quote:
    "When you evaluate quarterbacks, you have to make sure you see them with the same talent. I don't think it's fair that you evaluate a third quarterback behind a third- or fourth-string line and throwing to third-string receivers," Childress said. "There are a limited number of reps, but you will see both of those (with the starters).

"It's a competition. At some point it'll close, and one will be disappointed, and the other will support the starter. But competition makes everybody better."
    He is saying that TJ and Brooks will be working with the first and second strings, and he isn't going to bring a third QB into the mix because one of the three would be regulated to the third and forth strings, and that would not be a fair evaluation of them.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Billy" wrote:
    You missunderstood that quote PHOD.

The Vikings are set to report to training camp on July 25. Childress said both quarterbacks would get time with the first-team offense in camp
    That is what he is refering to.

He wants all legitimate QBs to get time with the 1st team, not strictly the Qb third on the depth chart practices strictly with the 3rd team. He definitely wasn't calling our starting line 3rd string.
    Chili and the crew were the ones that brought Hutch in here.
    ohh okay,. Im still a bit confused on the whole strings of our players but I removed my post. okay

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press
    I don't think it's fair that you evaluate a third quarterback behind a third- or fourth-string line and throwing to third-string receivers," -(Childress)
    If thats what he think of our quarterback, O line, and receiver corp maybe he wants to take back his statement "It's a kick@$$ offense"

Our O line is a 3rd or 4th string line??? That makes sense. Thats why we had two pro-bowlers on the line (Matt Birk (C) and Steve Hutchinson (G) ). Thtas kind of stupid to say don't you think? We had one of the best O lines in the league. I don't think we had 3rd or 4th string material in there and Travis Taylor was necessarily a 3rd. Probably a 2 but a 3. I dont know about that statement.
    Holy pooh, have you been drinking already?
    Here is the whole quote:
    "When you evaluate quarterbacks, you have to make sure you see them with the same talent. I don't think it's fair that you evaluate a third quarterback behind a third- or fourth-string line and throwing to third-string receivers," Childress said. "There are a limited number of reps, but you will see both of those (with the starters).

"It's a competition. At some point it'll close, and one will be disappointed, and the other will support the starter. But competition makes everybody better."
    He is saying that TJ and Brooks will be working with the first and second strings, and he isn't going to bring a third QB into the mix because one of the three would be regulated to the third and forth strings, and that would not be a fair evaluation of them.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

ohh okay,. Im still a bit confused on the whole strings of our players but I removed my post. okay
    I'll agree that it was poorly worded.
    I had to read it a couple of times.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

TJ is a good prospect; but there is very little behind him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast