Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

the O line is always going to be first in line for blame when a QB can't find receivers.

either it's they don't give enouf time, or the pocket is not protected.

how many of our sacks/ rushes are coverage based?

ok make some changes. switch people around. but work on what else is ailing us.

our routes are taking time to develop. wr's are taking time to get open. D's know we are going for the 5 - 20 yrd range and reside back in it. even if we get a guy wide open by the time the ball gets there both safties have reached the receiver.

there are a lot of angles to look at, if you relly want to discuss the O line. lets see production.

how many yard avg do we have on the left, center, right.

how many times has C.t run between mck-hutch.
    hutch-birk.. ect ect.

it's a big puzzle, and i'm hoping hte coaching staff behiend b.chill is examining it more then we are.

i've seen a lot people give the excuse they hvan't gelled yet. this is true, u can see it in some plays where they all turn to see what the other guy is blocking. this is their first year together as a whole unit. it'll take time. how much?
    only they know.

i'm just hoping it happens b4 we meet chicago/detroit/garbagebay next.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Del Rio Guest

IMO gelling is an abstract term. There are some guys you will never gel with. There are some playstyles and some attitudes that you will never be ok enough with to "gel." Most people refer to it as team chemistry. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

I can say from breaking down the run game that the most productive runs we have had are to the left. BUT running is not our problem. Pass protection is weak across the board and specifically B. McKinnie. How many fumbles have come from the blind side?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I may be jumping in here a bit to late but,

From what I've seen so far this season from our O line is very weak pass protection and our run blocking has been par at best.....

I've seen each and every lineman at times blow their blocking assignment, yes even Hutch and Birk have laid an egg now and then.....Our right side isn't as strong as it should be and penaltys from that side are killing us at times..

McKinnie, just gets plan bet on most passing situations and speed rushers just eat him up..

I personaly think this is the biggest cog in our O that is holding us back from having any kind of consistency with our O......

Fix the line and we fix alot of our O's problems, how do we do that, I'm really not sure at this time...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

If Childress does play Rosie, I think he should take MArcus spot, and Marcus should take Hicks spot.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]No changes to starting offensive line expected for Dolphins' game[/size]

Barring an unexpected change of plan, the Vikings plan to keep their starting offensive line intact Sunday in Miami.

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: November 17, 2006 – 7:42 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    IMO gelling is an abstract term. There are some guys you will never gel with. There are some playstyles and some attitudes that you will never be ok enough with to "gel." Most people refer to it as team chemistry. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

I can say from breaking down the run game that the most productive runs we have had are to the left. BUT running is not our problem. Pass protection is weak across the board and specifically B. McKinnie. How many fumbles have come from the blind side?
    Well Del, I remember one from last week, and at least a few others over the course of the season where McKinnie was in a "pick your poison" type situation where he either had to pick up the blitzing lb or the lineman in the pass rush, and really there is no one in the NFL who can block two guys at once.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567