Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

I do not see Marcus Johnson as a scapegoat. The right side of the line is inferior to the left. It shows in our running stats it shows in our pocket pressure the right side of the line has been a constant thorn in the side of the offense. Penalties you have over ten extreeme score or drive killing penalties between Hicks and Johnson.

I think it would still be wise to move Hutch to RG, and consider Herrera at LG. Move Kliensasser to FB, and have him scrape block the faster DE's that Mckinnie has to face.

I also think it would be a good idea to start 6 OL against the Dolphins. Put Rosey as a TE to help the OT in blocking, this would also be ideal for running plays where the lineman could shed block Zach Thomas.

Im excited that they are considering changes on the OL because right now that is the biggest thing holding us back IMO and it is traditionally an area of the field where a small adjustment can pay big for your entire team.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I like the idea of taking Hicks out and trying Herrera or maybe Whittle.

Herrera were inactive against the Packers, but I think that has to do with Whittle being more versatile as also being a backup at C

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Del Rio Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    I like the idea of taking Hicks out and trying Herrera or maybe Whittle.

Herrera were inactive against the Packers, but I think that has to do with Whittle being more versatile as also being a backup at C
    I think your right Childress is big on those guys needing to be able to play all the positions. I think Hererra brings some attitude that none of our lineman have shown not even Hutch who is suppost to be a fiery competitor.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

I think your right Childress is big on those guys needing to be able to play all the positions. I think Hererra brings some attitude that none of our lineman have shown not even Hutch who is suppost to be a fiery competitor.
    I really liked Herrera when he got in there last year. I thought he did a pretty solid job. He's definitely got a mean streak that, at the moment, is unmatched on our o-line.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

The line, like many parts of our offense, doesn't play with any emotion at all. I see Hutch out there destroying guys every once in while but not as intense as was billed.
    I, also, really like Herrera. He has a mean streak and might be able to add a spark to that line.
    Also, you start making some changes and maybe a couple guys will start fearing for their jobs and that will light a fire under their arse.

At this point we need a change on offense.
    I don't even really care what it is.
    Travis Taylor is starting to talk like he has something to prove maybe he'll start playing like it.
    Something just needs to happen to this offense and if we keep doing what we're doing then that is just insane.
    I hear Childress talking about not wanting to be knee-jerk all the time and most recently I had to laugh out loud.
    He's watched the same gol 'darnit thing happen every week for 9 weeks now.
    Taking 9 weeks to realize that you have to make a change to give some life to a lifeless offense isn't Knee-jerk in the NFL. In fact it is being really, really, slow.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Del Rio Guest

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    The line, like many parts of our offense, doesn't play with any emotion at all. I see Hutch out there destroying guys every once in while but not as intense as was billed.
    I, also, really like Herrera. He has a mean streak and might be able to add a spark to that line.
    Also, you start making some changes and maybe a couple guys will start fearing for their jobs and that will light a fire under their arse.

At this point we need a change on offense.
    I don't even really care what it is.
    Travis Taylor is starting to talk like he has something to prove maybe he'll start playing like it.
    Something just needs to happen to this offense and if we keep doing what we're doing then that is just insane.
    I hear Childress talking about not wanting to be knee-jerk all the time and most recently I had to laugh out loud.
    He's watched the same gol 'darnit thing happen every week for 9 weeks now.
    Taking 9 weeks to realize that you have to make a change to give some life to a lifeless offense isn't Knee-jerk in the NFL. In fact it is being really, really, slow.
    I think alot of that has to do with his past experiences. Singer posted an article that stated a handful of Vikings players have commented on the difficulty of learning the WCO. It then goes on to show how dismal the Eagles were when Childress tooj over and how it took a whole year for his team to pick up on the scheme.

I don't think Childress really see's this as a one year project. He is looking at the big picture and even if it takes a whole season to perfect he will stick to his guns.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

EEFF THAT!!! All I say is, that while I like the direction and the discipline we got with Childress, Mike Tice Aint lookin all that bad right now... There should be no way we finish with a worse record with more talent this year.
    I'm sorry... Plus, it seems to me while we look a little more organized, it seems like we played with a little more emotion under Tice, whether up or down....

I'm not saying I want Tice as a coach, I'm just saying I'm not particularly impressed with the job Childress has done on offense.... I was also kind of worried when he hired Bevell as O-coordinator because of how Favre struggled the last two years with him as QB's coach and now look at Favre, playin like a probowler lately..!!
    Coincidence?

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I saw the thread title and thought "Finally" to myself.

Methinks the line is suspect and coach isn't happy with the players adjusting themselves....time to step in!!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe we should all hold our horses here a bit.

Just because Childress answers a direct question about if he is considering changes on the line by saying that you allways considers that, doesn't mean that we'll see any changes this comming sunday.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Del Rio Guest

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    EEFF THAT!!! All I say is, that while I like the direction and the discipline we got with Childress, Mike Tice Aint lookin all that bad right now... There should be no way we finish with a worse record with more talent this year.
    I'm sorry... Plus, it seems to me while we look a little more organized, it seems like we played with a little more emotion under Tice, whether up or down....

I'm not saying I want Tice as a coach, I'm just saying I'm not particularly impressed with the job Childress has done on offense.... I was also kind of worried when he hired Bevell as O-coordinator because of how Favre struggled the last two years with him as QB's coach and now look at Favre, playin like a probowler lately..!!
    Coincidence?
    I'll take a year of sub par play if it gets me consecutive years of playoff success like the Eagles.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast