Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Childress considering changing the offensive line

    [size=13pt]Viking notes: Offensive line switch possible[/size]

    Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    Last update: November 13, 2006 – 9:55 PM


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,779
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    The most likely switch would see veteran Mike Rosenthal replace second-year player Marcus Johnson at right tackle. Johnson has started every game, but his performance has been up-and-down
    and any chance that someone can light a fire underneath Hicks's butt to get him into the game as well please ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #3
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    He's gonna put Rosey in there?
    From the frying pan into the fire?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #4
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    I don't see anything "knee jerk" about expecting a certain level of play consistantly and adjusting accordingly when necessary. Depth of roster shouldn't be reserved for injury only, imo.

    Dang, I'm still crabby.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  5. #5
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    The most likely switch would see veteran Mike Rosenthal replace second-year player Marcus Johnson at right tackle. Johnson has started every game, but his performance has been up-and-down
    and any chance that someone can light a fire underneath Hicks's butt to get him into the game as well please ?
    If Rosey went in there, I would like to see the move of Johnson to RG.

    But I don't think that'll happen. It seems that he'll never go back to his old position, but is penciled in as a T now.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  6. #6
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,779
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    "Freya" wrote:
    I don't see anything "knee jerk" about expecting a certain level of play consistantly and adjusting accordingly when necessary. Depth of roster shouldn't be reserved for injury only, imo.

    Dang, I'm still crabby.
    that'll improve when we .. finally... put a good whopping on someone
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  7. #7
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    I don't see anything "knee jerk" about expecting a certain level of play consistantly and adjusting accordingly when necessary. Depth of roster shouldn't be reserved for injury only, imo.

    Dang, I'm still crabby.
    that'll improve when we .. finally... put a good whopping on someone
    ;D
    True. Hopefully they take some whoop arse down to give Miami.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  8. #8
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    well at least hes trying something to get the offense fired up
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    201

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    The most likely switch would see veteran Mike Rosenthal replace second-year player Marcus Johnson at right tackle. Johnson has started every game, but his performance has been up-and-down
    and any chance that someone can light a fire underneath Hicks's butt to get him into the game as well please ?
    If Rosey went in there, I would like to see the move of Johnson to RG.

    But I don't think that'll happen. It seems that he'll never go back to his old position, but is penciled in as a T now.
    Johnson=scapegoat. Seems to me that he has played as well as the rest of the guys. I don't think this is a "one guy" problem. And Rosenthal??? what does that solve.

  10. #10
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Childress considering changing the offensive line

    "vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    The most likely switch would see veteran Mike Rosenthal replace second-year player Marcus Johnson at right tackle. Johnson has started every game, but his performance has been up-and-down
    and any chance that someone can light a fire underneath Hicks's butt to get him into the game as well please ?
    If Rosey went in there, I would like to see the move of Johnson to RG.

    But I don't think that'll happen. It seems that he'll never go back to his old position, but is penciled in as a T now.
    Johnson=scapegoat. Seems to me that he has played as well as the rest of the guys. I don't think this is a "one guy" problem. And Rosenthal??? what does that solve.
    I don't think Rosey will solve anything either.

    As for Johnson it is quite possible that he could become the scapegoat. I think he has had some of the mistakes on the line. Maybe he has been in over his head, without the help needed by design.

    Does that need that he can't cut it in the long run? I don't think it does, but I'm not a line coach. However I do feel that it would be a mistake to pull him out as the scapegoat.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Offensive Line Help Anyone?
    By Golden_Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 07:00 AM
  3. Childress satisfied with play of reshuffled offensive line
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 11:08 AM
  4. Offensive line
    By StillPurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 05:49 AM
  5. Offensive Line
    By Caine in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 05:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •