Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress at the combine

They recently completed an interview with Childress at the combine. A few of the things he said were surprising in my opinion.
    First he talked about how pleased he was tha Daunte is rehabing so well. Then they asked him if there was any chance he would release Daunte. His answer? "Never say Never." Even the announcer thought that was a good answer.
    The announcer asked when Daunte is coming back To Minnesota to rehab. Childress said, "Hopefully soon we need Daunte back in Minneapolis rehabbing here and learning the system.
    When they asked about QB's in the draft Children remarked about how much he liked Jay Cutler.

Bold is my note!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress at the combine

I do not think Cutler will make it to the 10th pick, and will definitely be gone by the 17th pick!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Childress is an intelligent man, he knows not to make statements that he might regret later. Or at the very least, statements that later will look contradictory to the action the team may need to take in the future. The rest of it is exactly what we've been hearing for a while now. Even down to the remarks about Jay Cutler; he seems to be the Williamson of this years draft in the sense that he is shooting up draft boards AFTER the College Football season has ended.

tiersius is offline Rookie

Sounds pretty PC to me. If for some reason Cutler were to fall all the way to 17, there might be a decision to make, but I don't here anyone holding thier breath

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

You are missing my point...I bolded the portion about Culpepper should be in Minnesota LEARNING THE SYSTEM! So many here are saying what difference does it make where he rehabs? That is the point!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    You are missing my point...I bolded the portion about Culpepper should be in Minnesota LEARNING THE SYSTEM! So many here are saying what difference does it make where he rehabs? That is the point!
    We got it mate, but it's nothing new.

The only difference is Childress has said it point-blank, rather than through an intermediary like a Vikings spokesperson or the media.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Agree with Childress 100% on where Pep should be working out and as far as Cutler you never know what they are really thinking as far as player wise because most of the time it is all a smoke screen.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:

I agree COJO. At the very least he should have a play book, and if need be, one of the coaches goes to Fla to "tutor" Pepp on the new WCO. I understood your point right away.

On a second note. If we had to hold our breaths to wait for Cutler to fall to #17, we should just die now..

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I saw the full interview today. Nothing he said showed his "hand" in any direction. Read what you want into it, but nothing was given away by Childress. The analyst your referring too, was Jim Mora Sr..

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

if we drafted cutler i'd be so mad
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast