Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Childress in charge: No doubt about it

I do think childress could have handled the pep situation much better, remember childress refused to let him see the playbook.
    I have a feeling he just did not want him here, he wanted his own QB and that is TJ.
    Its a done deal, cannot take anything back so it is time to move on.
    TJ is the future, thats all we can look forward to now.
    I was not happy with the situation until I saw TJ playing much better than anticipated and now I am quite excited for the future of this team.

You republican whore!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I do think childress could have handled the pep situation much better, remember childress refused to let him see the playbook.
    I have a feeling he just did not want him here, he wanted his own QB and that is TJ.
    Its a done deal, cannot take anything back so it is time to move on.
    TJ is the future, thats all we can look forward to now.
    I was not happy with the situation until I saw TJ playing much better than anticipated and now I am quite excited for the future of this team.

We can twist that even farther, were all the veterans that were let go or cut this season on the "Love Boat" last year?
    ???
    ;D

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    What has Childress done for the Vikes since hes been head coach?

IMO, hes messed up on draft (reguardless of how TJ plays for us in the future). Could have managed it better

He didnt bother with Pep, even if pep wanted too much and wanted to go (once he saw who our head coach was)

He thinks he can only sign ex sucky eagles. We dont even know if Hicks is any good. Wish he had a love affair with ex Pats instead.

He wants luke warm, no trouble players, and yet, since he came here, the Vikes are on the news almost every nite.

I have no choice but to give him a chance like everyone else. But when he fills a roster spot with Stinkerston, I am going to beeyatch.

Here is a response I did on another thread to one of the many "CC the worst" whinny posts, he is like a broken record and never backs up his posts and his warped views but waits a few days and posts the same crap which really makes me think he is a Packer fan and to chicken sh*t to admit it.

Whacker, couple of reasons I cant stand Childress.

A) He couched for the Eagles, and just cant get over his love affair with them

B)He didnt even bother talking to Pep. Only Childress has a bigger ego, for no reason at all, then Pep

c)His eye for talen brough us McM for QB.

I vcould go on and on about things like the draft but im at work and time is pressing

He did try to talk to Daunte and to meet with Daunte but all Daunte wanted was to meet with Wilf and Briezinski about getting more money!

Oh no, Childress coached for another team!
    get out the firing squad!

If you have slept the last 18 hours the Vikes traded for another QB, so he tried out a QB from Philly and is letting him go.

The draft:

He was not the lone voice in the warroom, maybe you heard of the triangle of authority. Childress didn't just pick all the players he wanted he had to deal with Foley and Studwell, and they didn't agree with each other at all and they almost got in a fist fight in the warroom over not taking Clemens.

Lets look at the selections.

The Vikes choose the best LB available in the 1st round, and there was no way to foresee that Greenway would get hurt in the 1st preseason game.

Next the Vikes took Griffin who a lot of experts considered the best pure corner in the draft.

I agree the selection of Cook was bizarre, but speculation was that Foley did this selection because he and Studwell were fighting about who to draft and he did it to show Studwell that he was in charge.

T-Jack looked great in the preseason and it looks like the Vikings choose wisely and that trading up for him was a great move.

Ray Edwards looks like a steal in the draft for the 4th round.

Blue is a monster hitter and has laid the smack down in every preseason game.

That is the worst draft ever!
    Bring out the firing squad, again!

I would rather they not have selected Cook in the 2nd round and that they would have used that pick on Hodge from Iowa, but if Clemens wouldn't have been snipped in front of us by the Jets he would have been the selection and that is what set off the fight between Studwell and Foley.

I enjoy telling you that Childress is going no where, and he will be here for a lot of years!
    So either learn to deal with it, or the other option is to become a fan of another team (I heard Green Bay needs fans).
    But could you please quit your whining about Childress and whining that the Vikings are going to be the worst team ever because if you feel that way then cheer for another team.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    ... one of the many "CC the worst" whinny posts, he is like a broken record and never backs up his posts and his warped views but waits a few days and posts the same crap which really makes me think he is a Packer fan and to chicken sh*t to admit it.
    You may be onto something.
    The thing is, when anybody makes generic statements or supposedly false statements there is a high likelihood of someone asking for verification or additional insight into their way of thinking.
    That is one of the nice things about this board.
    But, when someone repeatedly makes ridiculous statements and doesn't address the responses and then chooses to keep making the same ridiculous statements in other threads and over the course of time they lose credibility.
    Everyone has a mental list of which posters they enjoy reading and which posters they avoid.
    I presume most people want others to read their posts.
    The problem isn't that CC hates Childress, it's his irrational reasons that are backed up with presumptions and nothingness.
    Hate him.
    Just give reasons as to why you hate him and if your reasons are along the lines of, "He coached for Philly" and nothing more than say it once and move on.
    I can't believe I just wasted another paragraph addressing this.
    Where is that dull Tice-used pencil?
    I need to poke my other eye out.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    this was one of the best parts i found about that article

“I’m never satisfied,” he said. “That is one of my shortcomings by nature, but the guys are working extremely hard. You see progress and you are encouraged by that. We tell the guys every day to come out here with the attitude that you are going to get some new problems. We have to get rid of the old problems and find new ones. They have taken that approach and because of that the quality of play has gone up.”

its good to have a defense coordinator that never is satisfied, tomlin will always be pushing them to be better, thats exactly what we need in a defense coach

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123