Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Childress in charge: No doubt about it

What is god going to do?
    Maybe the vikings will be like the angles in the outfield movie, now when the O line blocks for taylor instead of what happend in the preseason god will jump in between hutch and mckinnie and a boom down the sidelines for 6.
    Maybe thats what he means by god help us.
    Maybe he wants tice back to tell the fans they are idiots for giving their point of view on his sunday night show.
    Maybe god will build the stadium for us...churches say god builds their home all the time.
    Maybe CC is a bible beater and he is trying to get god to bless this site making it the site for all people regardless of what faith they have.
    YES!
    I will go to church again because god will help the vikings and no one else now!
    Great idea CC we are all in gods hands miami is a givin now!!!!!
    You republican whore!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

No matter what our opinions are there are three rules to remember;

1. Childress is in charge, there is no doubt about it.

2. No matter what our opinions are, we can't change rule #1.

3. Never forget rule #1.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    How can you not have positive things to say about this team under Childress? He came in, got rid of the negatives and replaced them with positives, and has run a no nonsense team since coming to Minny.. We have a better team then we did last season, and it is in large part due to Brad Childress.. We look faster on defense, more comfortable on offense, and just all around better.. Give the guy a break, he has only coached in preseason, and from what I saw, did one hell of a job..

I'll second that post... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"Braddock" wrote:
    It's forever, until you change it back of course...
    So you are saying that if I 'Ignore' CCthebest, I won't have to burden myself to his posts, EVER?

Back on topic now..
    I'm happy with Childress.
    The Vikings need a coach like Childress, and if there is any a coach that can turn the Vikings from the NFL's misfits to the NFL's finest, I whole-heartedly believe that Brad Childress is that coach.

We as fans need to be patient with him, but more importantly, be patient with the team as a whole, these things take time.
    I hope that the Wilfs understand this as well.
    If so, the Vikings are in good hands.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

People say patience is a virtue.
    Deal with it CC.
    If you loke the Vikings at least give them a chance.
    There are things that have happened that most of hasn't agreed with.
    The bottom line is he is more capable of doing his job than we are.
    That's why we are here posting and he's making the decisions.

You have every right to your opinion but what has this guy done to make you such a hater?
    IMO he's upgraded this team if you look at the whole picture.
    Again, I didn't agree with every choice but I still think the team is better.
    If you have a thought post it.
    But back it up as to why.
    Don't talk about preseason picks up that didn't make it.
    Every single team in this league has those.
    It's part of the game.
    Your comments such as "God help us!" do nothing but make you look like a jack@$$.
    Not everyone will agree all the time but atleast show some football wisdom while making comments.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Formo" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    It's forever, until you change it back of course...
    So you are saying that if I 'Ignore' CCthebest, I won't have to burden myself to his posts, EVER?
    The down side of that is you will not get to see his response to any of your posts.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

What has Childress done for the Vikes since hes been head coach?

IMO, hes messed up on draft (reguardless of how TJ plays for us in the future). Could have managed it better

He didnt bother with Pep, even if pep wanted too much and wanted to go (once he saw who our head coach was)

He thinks he can only sign ex sucky eagles. We dont even know if Hicks is any good. Wish he had a love affair with ex Pats instead.

He wants luke warm, no trouble players, and yet, since he came here, the Vikes are on the news almost every nite.

I have no choice but to give him a chance like everyone else. But when he fills a roster spot with Stinkerston, I am going to bitch.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"CCthebest" wrote:
    What has Childress done for the Vikes since hes been head coach?

IMO, hes messed up on draft (reguardless of how TJ plays for us in the future). Could have managed it better

He didnt bother with Pep, even if pep wanted too much and wanted to go (once he saw who our head coach was)

He thinks he can only sign ex sucky eagles. We dont even know if Hicks is any good. Wish he had a love affair with ex Pats instead.

He wants luke warm, no trouble players, and yet, since he came here, the Vikes are on the news almost every nite.

I have no choice but to give him a chance like everyone else. But when he fills a roster spot with Stinkerston, I am going to beeyatch.
    You are so clueless man.
    Are you 12 or what?
    The season has not even started.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

CC, please expand on some of your statements.
    It will help me understand your point of view.
    I enjoy discussing the Vikings with other people, even those who don't share my opinions.
    But it is hard to engage in intelligent debate when your posts are vague, insulting, and unsupported.

How could he have managed it better?
    Don't just vaguely say he messed it, be specific.
    Did he mess up (in your opinion) by the way he traded picks to get the players when he wanted them?
    Are you unhappy with the players he drafted?
    These could both be valid points, and were discussed quite a bit at PP.O.
    But all in all I am satisfied with the draft.
    There probably were things he could have done better, but given our past draft history under Tice, I was happy.

What do you mean by didn't bother with him.
    This is one of the things you have said repeatedly on this forum, but never really offered anything to support it.
    Prophet put together a pretty detailed timeline of the Culpepper exodus.
    I think mistakes were made by both, but the outcome was inevitable regardless.
    Culpepper needed his contract redone, and the only way that could happen is if he was traded.
    I was not happy with the way he was traded, but I understood his desire to go.

I also don't think that who our head coach was had anything to do with Pep wanting to go.
    If might have been more about who our head coach no longer was, but IMHO it was almost entirely about the money... not that there was anything wrong with that.
    Again, i don't fault pep.
    The NFL is a business.

A bit of an exaggeration here, as we all know that not every signing came from the eagles.
    When you say things like "he thinks he can only sign ex sucky eagles," you lost the debate before it even starts because your statement is so obviously embellished.
    But I do understand and sort of agree with your point.
    Every new coach likes to bring in people he is familiar with, but Coach Childress seems to have taken it to the next level.
    But if you look at the signings, the Vikings have still benefited from them.
    McMahon was worthless, and Childress knew this by the second preseason game.
    And now he's gone.
    Hicks was a good pick up.
    I have been happy with his performance so far.
    Pinkerton isn't my favorite signing, but he coordinately doesn't hurt us.
    He adds depth to a position that could use it.

Again you lost me here.
    Are you seriously going to blame Ko-Ro's relapse on Coach Childress?
    Wow.
    I think he runs a much tighter ship than Tice did.
    If they are on the news every night where you live, then it speaks more to the local media's efforts at Viking bashing than to the discipline installed by Childress.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vrehna is offline Rookie

I like Childress and the way that he runs this team, how he runs practice, how he handles himself, and how he talks during interviews.
    However I do have problems with the players that he has had a part in letting go of.

The situation with Culpepper was not Childresses fault, but you have to admit that he had something to do with it.
    He also had a hand in not resigning Lance Johnstone, who which we signed DeQuincey Scott instead (who we just released), and I disagree with the drafting of Ryan Cook and the letting go of Willie Offord.
    But these are just my personal opinions, I disagree with the decisions that were made.
    Though I'm really not the export here,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast