singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Childress and Bollinger comments on QB situation

[size=13pt]Childress and Bollinger comments on quarterback situation[/size]

Monday, August 27, 2007

Sean Jensen
    vikingsnow.blogspot.com

Vikings coach Brad Childress on Monday named second-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson the starter, then he confirmed the acquisition of veteran Kelly Holcomb from the Philadelphia Eagles.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress and Bollinger comments on QB situation

Following this one, it sure does seem like Pigpen could be headed to the practice squad.

I'd still not rule out that they could hand Bollinger of though. But they need to find a pretty desperate team, or Bollinger needs to play amazingly in what ever snaps he gets in the final preseason game.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    Following this one, it sure does seem like Pigpen could be headed to the practice squad.

I'd still not rule out that they could hand Bollinger of though. But they need to find a pretty desperate team, or Bollinger needs to play amazingly in what ever snaps he gets in the final preseason game.
    "Thigpen has been the fourth quarterback coming into the game for the Vikes behind Tarvaris Jackson, Brooks Bollinger and Henson.
    Most NFL teams do not keep four quarterbacks on the roster."

[size=13pt]Thigpen Involved in QB Shuffle[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

"Thigpen has been the fourth quarterback coming into the game for the Vikes behind Tarvaris Jackson, Brooks Bollinger and Henson.

They still kept him over Henson though. So they must still like him as a developmental prospect.

But of course. Per the Childress statement, they might not see him as being able to start an actual game, should the Vikings by some unforeseen reason get to the #3.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I'm much more comfortable with Bollinger as the 3rd QB, Thigpen will join the practise squad with Lowber, and Josh Day(if he isn't injured). Holcomb will be a quick study, and will be ready in no time. Tarvaris is our guy, and he's going to be fun to watch.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

They still kept him over Henson though. So they must still like him as a developmental prospect.
    That is because Henson is a never has been.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I still cannot understand the reasoning behind keeping Bollinger. He has certainly not shown that he can run the offense, and if he doesn't have the confidence of the coaches at this time, it is hard to believe he ever will. By keeping Thigpen as the #3, they would allow him to spend time with Holcolm and TJ, which would IMO help him develop faster than being put into the incubation squad.

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I still cannot understand the reasoning behind keeping Bollinger. He has certainly not shown that he can run the offense, and if he doesn't have the confidence of the coaches at this time, it is hard to believe he ever will. By keeping Thigpen as the #3, they would allow him to spend time with Holcolm and TJ, which would IMO help him develop faster than being put into the incubation squad.
    as much as i like Thigpen he hasn't shown an ability to be an NFL qb yet. ok BB hasn't done an amazing job either but if it comes down to the fact that both TJack and Holcolm (knock on lots of wood) go down i'd rather have BB then Thigpen there.

now when we have this same discussion next year.. there could be a world of changes..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall