COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress being proved right by Culpepper

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6973966
    Daunte Culpepper's grievance against the Dolphins is being heard.

As this becomes a big story in the summer months, I think it is worth giving credit to Vikings coach Brad Childress.

The neophyte coach was killed by the media and fans for jettisoning Culpepper when he took the Vikings job last year. And I was certainly one of those who questioned the decision. And to only get a second-round pick in return? Well, folks thought Childress was nuts.

A year later, Culpepper has worn out his welcome with two separate coaching staffs in Miami. He is a shell of his former self physically. And the Vikings have an exciting young quarterback in Tarvaris Jackson.
    This is a really interesting article because down the page aways he drops this bombshell...

Tarvaris Jackson is going to be a very good player eventually in this league. But with only the underwhelming Brooks Bollinger behind him, don't be surprised if the Vikings go after a veteran quarterback for insurance.

Here's a name for you: Kelly Holcomb.

It's a situation that even intrigued Holcomb when we talked.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Childress being proved right by Culpepper

A lot of good points. Nice find.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Everybody assume that we're looking to bring in a veteran QB.

I don't think the coaches are seriously looking at that.

About the other part it is true. Culpepper brought this on himself, and now he'll have to be happy to find a place to be the backup. If he could have kept his ego in check and started to listen and learn he could maybe have been a starter here still.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I consider Bollinger somewhat of a Vet myself.Hes played enough snaps to understand the game.While not the best, I beleive he offers more then a guy like Holcomb.He even is somewhat mobile in the pocket.

Good read tho, I too was waiting for some people to start giving Chilly props over the Culpepper trade.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:

As this becomes a big story in the summer months, I think it is worth giving credit to Vikings coach Brad Childress.

The neophyte coach was killed by the media and fans for jettisoning Culpepper when he took the Vikings job last year. And I was certainly one of those who questioned the decision. And to only get a second-round pick in return? Well, folks thought Childress was nuts.

A year later, Culpepper has worn out his welcome with two separate coaching staffs in Miami. He is a shell of his former self physically. And the Vikings have an exciting young quarterback in Tarvaris Jackson.
    This is a really interesting article because down the page aways he drops this bombshell...

Tarvaris Jackson is going to be a very good player eventually in this league. But with only the underwhelming Brooks Bollinger behind him, don't be surprised if the Vikings go after a veteran quarterback for insurance.

Mainly because Holcomb knows that he is gonna get cut in Philly....and he knows Chilly's prelidection for former Eagles players!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Mainly because Holcomb knows that he is gonna get cut in Philly....and he knows Chilly's prelidection for former Eagles players!
    did we even sign a lot of ex eagles this year?
    i thought there was a lot last year, mainly to help with the transition of the new scheme

Thanks josdin00

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tb04512" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

did we even sign a lot of ex eagles this year?
    i thought there was a lot last year, mainly to help with the transition of the new scheme
    I think you right TB.
    I also think he brought in players that were comfortable with the scheme to help with the transition and not a "I love scumbag eagles" thing.

I for one don't like the picture they used of B-chill.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg