cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Childress, Bears Discuss Upcoming Game

[size=13pt]Childress, Bears Discuss Upcoming Game[/size]

Wednesday press conference

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Childress, Bears Discuss Upcoming Game

Why isn't this in the pre-game articles thread?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Why isn't this in the pre-game articles thread?
    I just got a feeling that the press conference itself merited it's own thread, for a little added highlight.

But maybe it's just me that is so hooked on those things. I'm big on hearing the things straight from the horses mouth, without it being filtered through the media.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Some of you guys noticed that he had that boot on on Monday; that’s what we call a Jones fracture, named after Sir Robert Jones, so obviously no relation of Lisfranc, the Frenchman. I assume Sir is an English term, and the description is in an area (where) it usually happens without direct impact and it’s named after him because he suffered one of those actually while he was dancing.
    The Chiller cracks me up.
    ;D

Q: When you looked at your personnel and everything over the bye, are you going to have to make any changes in your approach for this game? Is what you are doing working?

A: Without giving you a game plan and are we going to have to make changes personnel, we need to do what has been good to us and probably do more. There are some things that we need to work on to be better at. There are some things we’re doing well and then there are some things that we aren’t doing very well. You’d like to be able to incorporate a mix. It’s not good to be a one-dimensional football team. Again, I think we’re still in that evolution. The numbers are what they are with the record and where we are at offensively and where we are at defensively, but it certainly doesn’t mean that the goal is not to improve and continue through this division.
    Very interesting comment.

Q: With Jackson’s development, is it more important to get him back in there or get him back in when he is healthy?

A: We’re not going to compromise the 100 percent deal; really there is nobody right now that is 100 percent. The big factor is can he play, can he play at a high level, can he protect himself, and can he move, can he make all of the throws? So that stands alone and we won’t get to the next step. Development-wise those guys, you get beat up a little bit, and it’s just a matter of whether you can go or you can’t go. It’s going to happen throughout the course of his career. Some weeks he is going to feel great and other weeks he is not going to feel real great.
    Black Duck Mn always had a very physical team.
    I used to hate to go to practice after they beat on ya for four quarters.
    Man the aches/pains/bruises.
    ;D

Q: The Vikings had so much success running against you guys last year, and now they have Adrian Peterson. Do you expect more of the same this Sunday and how do you stop it?

A: I think all running teams run the football each week. It doesn’t matter who they are playing.
    Minnesota has a commitment to the run; of course they will try to run the football against us this week. We expect that.
    Talking about Adrian Peterson, I think he is an outstanding football player. Of course I am a little biased toward him anyway since he is from east Texas (laughing) but when you have a player like that and a good offensive line like they have, you have to run the football.
    Funny how we are percieved as a running football team by most outsiders but alot of us on here as well as the local hacks say we need to be a running team.

Perception or reality?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg