Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Results of Minnesota Vikings' passing-game practice: Interceptions, sloppiness, fumbles[/size]

    By Rick Alonzo
    ralonzo@pioneerpress.[email protected]
    Updated: 08/06/2009 02:15:23 PM CDT



    MANKATO, Minn. — After a somewhat sloppy practice this morning, Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress wasn't pleased with his passing offense....
    Yep. That sounds very exotic.
    ;D


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  2. #12
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fum

    I just need Rosenfels to "drive the bus", and I am sure he can do that. He doesn't have to be John Elway, just drive the bus. Fortunately, the safeties will most often have to stack the box, so we will see constant single-teams on our WRs. A QB dream. And you can dump the ball off to Harvin. I am not worried.

    If T-Jack gets the call, I am worried...

    Some NFL QB was talking about the legs being the most important part on a QB. Not the arms. I thought that was interesting. Watch any good QB and he sets into his throwing stance very, very fast. Watch Tavaris and he doesn't. Plus, T-Jack so far can't read defenses.

  3. #13
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fum

    Childress was asked if he was "pretty happy" about the fact the Vikings have been hitting on some of their deep throws during the first seven days of training camp. "We have a long way to go in the passing game, a long way," he said. "The plan is to get there, but I'm not going to say pretty happy."
    That's something I would expect a head coach to say as he starts his first season with a team, not his fourth.
    A long way to go doesn't sound like it's going to be corrected anytime this season.


    "I don't know what's expected," Childress said. "I don't have a day-by-day expectation. I just expect it to be good every day, and some are better than others."
    You should know nimrod, you're the head coach.


    Fire Childress... and Bevell!

  4. #14
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fum

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I just need Rosenfels to "drive the bus", and I am sure he can do that. He doesn't have to be John Elway, just drive the bus. Fortunately, the safeties will most often have to stack the box, so we will see constant single-teams on our WRs. A QB dream. And you can dump the ball off to Harvin. I am not worried.

    If T-Jack gets the call, I am worried...

    Some NFL QB was talking about the legs being the most important part on a QB. Not the arms. I thought that was interesting. Watch any good QB and he sets into his throwing stance very, very fast. Watch Tavaris and he doesn't. Plus, T-Jack so far can't read defenses.
    I think he can..just not while being blitzed.

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fumbles

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Childress said: "I just think we have a lot of work to do in all areas, whether it's throwing it, route running, protection, blitz pickup, breaking, beating man to man, know where to sit in the zone. We've got a long way to go to be happy with the passing game."
    I'll bookmark this new one for future reference when the skeptics once again place all blame on our passing game onto Jackson & make the ridiculous statement that he doesn't know the playbook.
    I see know where in that statement that says that Jackson knows the playbook.
    And who puts all the blame on Jackson?
    I put the majority of the blame on Jackson, but certainly not all of it.
    Do you see anywhere in there where it says he doesn't know it? That's my point. Many stated he doesn't, which is nothing more than an assumption.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fumbles


    The first two weeks of camp are to knock the offseason out. Develope chemistry, get the basics down, then things start to come together. Get the kinks out now, every team is.

    This is football, we are going to make alot of plays, both rushing, and passing. But if you think because we don't convert every third down that we suck, you gotta step back and realize 11 guys are trying to put a stop to what we are doing. I look for more third down conversions, and better Red Zone scoring TD/FG, and it only takes a couple more 1 or 2 a game to make a big difference. We are ready to take that next step and open this offense up.

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fumbles

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Childress said: "I just think we have a lot of work to do in all areas, whether it's throwing it, route running, protection, blitz pickup, breaking, beating man to man, know where to sit in the zone. We've got a long way to go to be happy with the passing game."
    I'll bookmark this new one for future reference when the skeptics once again place all blame on our passing game onto Jackson & make the ridiculous statement that he doesn't know the playbook.
    I see know where in that statement that says that Jackson knows the playbook.
    And who puts all the blame on Jackson?
    I put the majority of the blame on Jackson, but certainly not all of it.
    Do you see anywhere in there where it says he doesn't know it? That's my point. Many stated he doesn't, which is nothing more than an assumption.
    So because it says nothing about his ability to know the playbook, you use it as defense for when people claim that he doesn't?
    Wow, that is some reaching logic.
    Here's another quote:

    "Neil" wrote:
    That's one small step for {a} man, one giant leap for mankind.
    I'll bookmark this one for future reference when the homers once again refuse to place any blame on our passing game onto Jackson & make the ridiculous statement that he can read a defense.

    Doesn't make much sense, does it?

    Of course it is an assumption when people claim that Jackson can't read, know, and understand a playbook at an NFL level.
    Just like it is an equally large assumption when people claim that he can.
    There is evidence to support both claims, and calling one ridiculous just because you personally don't agree with it is, well, ridiculous.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fumbles

    Jackson is saying that he heard a "pop" in his knee when he limped off the field Friday night.
    But he believes that it was just some scar tissue tearing.

    Still raises questions though.
    He was able to go back out and continue the rest of practice without issue.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,734

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fum

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I just need Rosenfels to "drive the bus", and I am sure he can do that. He doesn't have to be John Elway, just drive the bus. Fortunately, the safeties will most often have to stack the box, so we will see constant single-teams on our WRs. A QB dream. And you can dump the ball off to Harvin. I am not worried.

    If T-Jack gets the call, I am worried...

    Some NFL QB was talking about the legs being the most important part on a QB. Not the arms. I thought that was interesting. Watch any good QB and he sets into his throwing stance very, very fast. Watch Tavaris and he doesn't. Plus, T-Jack so far can't read defenses.
    I think he can..just not while being blitzed.
    Problem is blitzing isn't a fad that's going to go away for Jackson until he can get his reads, footwork and passes out quicker to pick apart the zone defence in the secondary

  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress: Basics first, before the exotics - Interceptions, sloppiness, fum

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Jackson is saying that he heard a "pop" in his knee when he limped off the field Friday night.
    But he believes that it was just some scar tissue tearing.

    Still raises questions though.
    He was able to go back out and continue the rest of practice without issue.
    I can't believe he could get hurt. He has been so durable all of these years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed
    By Mike Bullock in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 07:20 AM
  2. Cole Konrad grappling with basics of football
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 08:05 PM
  3. Taylor's fumbles aren't seen as sign
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 03:15 AM
  4. Packers | Morency fumbles away job?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 11:33 PM
  5. Daunte's Fumbles
    By audioghost in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •