Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Re: Childress answers next season questions

Oh jesus, that is the first video footage of those denver drops I have seen. Somone just fucking kill me now......

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Because his street value is so low, he may as well hang out for TC and see if he can make it.
    He does get open, if he ever starts hanging on, he would be valuable.
    But why, even on the roster leading to TC he's taking up the place of even an undrafted rookie that could contribute more than he will ever manage. I've been willing to give him time and even see how the Nike assistance would help. However the fact is that my 86 year old mum could catch the ball better than him - even with her glasses off.

The only way he will hang on anywhere will be if he turns into a bat and lives in a church roof
    ;D
    Let's not exaggerate, he doesn't have good hands, but I think he will either make this team or another. It's not like he didn't catch more ball that he dropped, it's just that he is not worth the amount of money he is making. Plus in practice I hear he catches pretty well.
    thing its not the money issue that bothers me .. its just that when it matters on the field he doesn't produce- it's a simple as that
    Right...I don't even want him on my Practice Squad.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't see him back with the Vikes next year.
    He made to many game day mistakes, I don't care how good he did in practice.
    Look for Allison to move up on the charts and the team to take a late round WR or sign a free agent to create competition.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Derek Anderson....make it HAPPEN
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Chazz is offline Coordinator

You guys really shouldn't give up on Troy so easily. He is the only WR we have that gets open consistantly, creates seperation, and gets behind the defense with ease. Those are the qualities that are harder to find then anything else. If he gains some consistancy(which I believe he will) our offense with jump to a whole new level.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

A year from now we'll all remember how silly we were to want to get rid of him after 12 TD passes caught and over 1000 yards receiving.

LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"Chazz" wrote:
    You guys really shouldn't give up on Troy so easily. He is the only WR we have that gets open consistantly, creates seperation, and gets behind the defense with ease. Those are the qualities that are harder to find then anything else. If he gains some consistancy(which I believe he will) our offense with jump to a whole new level.
    One problem as open as he gets...he's gotta be able to catch the ball..or he did all of that runnin for nothin
    :P

Chazz is offline Coordinator

A year from now we'll all remember how silly we were to want to get rid of him after 12 TD passes caught and over 1000 yards receiving.

LOL
    Its really not that far of a stretch. If he catches those two at Denver, his numbers look pretty good. I don't recall any of are other receivers getting behind the defense like that. If he stays on the team I can see over 900 yards and 9 TDs.

P.S. Troy only played in 11 games and had 4 drops and 2 of them were the god awful ones at Denver.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Chazz" wrote:

LOL
    Its really not that far of a stretch. If he catches those two at Denver, his numbers look pretty good. I don't recall any of are other receivers getting behind the defense like that. If he stays on the team I can see over 900 yards and 9 TDs.

P.S. Troy only played in 11 games and had 4 drops and 2 of them were the god awful ones at Denver.
    At his current rate of production he will arrive at 9 TD's in six more seasons.
    It's difficult to ignore facts. And the facts aren't promising.

Fact.
    3 seasons.
    3 Touchdowns.

Not exactly consistant with the term number one receiver.

I don't think he will be on the team next year.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    One problem as open as he gets...he's gotta be able to catch the ball..or he did all of that runnin for nothin
    :P
    Not to mention that it's way easier to catch a ball when you're way behind the defender than it is when you're fighting a CB to grab it. Troy missing the wide-open ones tells me all I need to know about his failure to produce in traffic. He has absolutely no trade value whatsoever, maybe Chilly cuts him to send a message to the rest of the roster..... either way, there's no reason to release any of our WR's before the team locks in on their potential replacements.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast