Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Childress answers next season questions

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Williamson dorppped the ball..Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Stop crying and acting like babies. The whole team played like crap in the denver game. Can you name a WR that had a great gaem this year? Rightttttttttttt! Williamson is a talent. He has drops but you would to if you were inactive for weeks for no real reason.
    The gist of the discussion wasn't just about the Denver game.
    Do you really think there was no real reason for Williamson riding the pine?
    I agree that the QB/receiving corps issue was suspect for most of the games, but Williamson has been a joke since he began disgracing the purple and gold uniform.
    If he had an iota of street value he could be on the trade block to fill a need.
    Right now his street value isn't even at the level of a third-string punter.
    The Nike Drs. didn't solve the problem last offseason, what's this offseason have in store?
    Maybe the gatoraide sales rep will check his sensory integration.
    Cut the losses, make him walk the plank.
    If you are going to cut him you should get rid of Tjack and Griffen. Their play was equally as bad, if not worst. Bring out the planks................
    This is one of the silliest comments i've ever heard.!!!! are you kidding me???....

How could you even compare the two...??? for one!! one plays QB while the other plays WR... the transition to WR in the NFL is waaaaaaaaay easier than the QB transition.. you have soo much more coming at you...

Additionally, what good is a receiver if he can't catch??
    while i was all for keeping troy.. the denver game convinced me that it's useless.... he completely dropped the ball in that game.. no pun intended!!!

he simply can't be trusted to make a play... and i guarantee you the person that typed this ridiculous post.. that if our season was on the line.. or we were in the superbowl... and troy williamson was WIDE OPEN for a game winning
    td that TJ threw on the money with no time left... and we paused the game..

I guarantee you.. you wouldn't put up your life savings on it that he'd make that catch... that's how you know he's a bust and can't be trusted...

on the other hand.. Griffin is in his 2nd year and has actually played pretty solid.. with the exception of a few plays.. he isn't bad.. and TJ.. well, shoot like i said.. he's started a few games.. and hasn't nearly played as awful as troy.. with guys like troy and bwade to throw the ball to..

Not exactly offensive juggernauts... if you know what i mean... and with that said, we still almost made the playoffs and he still played pretty decent...

about as good as Eli did his first few years in the league... up and down up and down.. thats expected of a young QB...

but to compare the two of them is just ridiculous.. one.. you can't .. and two if you are.. one has been in the league 3 years.. compared to 2 years.. with a much steeper learning curve.. and who's played better than the former guy...

We should cut/trade twill and bring in a guy like Hackett, or bryant Johnson or trade for a guy.. hell draft one... but we can't keep making excuses for Twill...

Last thing... if he was drafted by Parcells, (who never would have drafted him in the first place), do you think he'd still be on the team???... Absolutely NOT!!!!

Chazz is offline Coordinator

See, once you get to the point where NO ONE could be worse, then you are also to the point where ANYONE would be better.
    Thinking we need a phenominal talent to replace him is silly because Troy has proven that - aside from his speed - he has brought nothing to the table.
    We can literally replace him with ANYONE and be ahead of the game.
    This is where we disagree completely. I think there are only three guys in FA worth getting. Moss, Berrian, Hackett. I will bet high dollar that none of them will come here. Then that leaves us drafting a WR. The only guy I have any interest in drafting is Malcolm kelly. Then we are back to having no proven WR's that can be a go to guy. This is something that we are going to have to live with. We need to hope the Rice becomes a star.
    This is why I want to keep Troy. Get Rice and Aundrae more reps and see what they start to do. Plus I think Troy can be a solid WR, not a star #1 guy, but a good compliment.
    By the way, I brought up Wade because it took him five years to have and average season. Troy's only played three. Plus I recall Wade have a knock on him of not being able to hold on to the ball. But I don't recall any fumbles this year.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://kstp.com/article/stories/S331768.shtml?cat=1
    Another Super Bowl without the Vikings and a lot of questions on fans’ minds. Which players will be back next year and who will say goodbye?

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS sat down with coach Brad Childress and talked about what all the fans want to know about one player in particular.
    So, it looks like Williamson will be back!
    WTF...... that has to be a ploy in an effort to trade him? ? ?

Can't keep him at his current contract.
    He deserves to be the least paid WR on this team or close to the bottom anyway.

Bethel Johnson could get open also, if that is the only reason to keep Troy, that isn't good enough IMHO.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Maybe....but Allison didn't impress me much this season either. Maybe he and Williamson should get together in the off season and do nothing but catch balls and work on basics to bring something of value with them into camp. I do believe that most players can make adjustments and improve there game if they work harder in the off-season and dedicate themselves to it. Williamson has had a couple of seasons to improve and thus far has been a disappointment. This is absoultely his last opportunity to show he's worth a spot on the roster. At least two (That I can remember) passes hit T.Will right in the hands, in critical situations, and he dropped both. I know those kind of drops haunt you for awhile. On the other hand....he made a few good catches for T.Jack and the team too. Funny how we tend to forget those sometimes. I tend to be more forgiving than I should be sometimes, but after going back and reviewing some of catches vs drops he made I decided to hope for the best for him 08. Part of his issues in the 07 season could have also been emotional. He missed a few games too. Maybe Childress and the rest of the Coaches are thinking something along these lines as well??

I have hope for him but my patient demeaner is wearing thin... with regard to his $$ versus production. If he doesn't come into TC and knock the socks off of everybodys expectations, by out-performing the other WRs in camp (Which I believe he could do) then it's time for T.Will to "Walk the Plank", and move on down the line. Even then, when it comes down to the critical performance in the games, if he still isn't making the plays when he should (ALL of 08 season) then I think he should be gone.

As another poster pointed out....What are the alternatives with regard to his current value, and who we currently have on the roster, or hope to get from the draft?
    JMHO

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Chazz" wrote:
    See, once you get to the point where NO ONE could be worse, then you are also to the point where ANYONE would be better.
    Thinking we need a phenominal talent to replace him is silly because Troy has proven that - aside from his speed - he has brought nothing to the table.
    This is where we disagree completely. I think there are only three guys in FA worth getting. Moss, Berrian, Hackett. I will bet high dollar that none of them will come here. Then that leaves us drafting a WR. The only guy I have any interest in drafting is Malcolm kelly. Then we are back to having no proven WR's that can be a go to guy. This is something that we are going to have to live with. We need to hope the Rice becomes a star.
    This is why I want to keep Troy. Get Rice and Aundrae more reps and see what they start to do. Plus I think Troy can be a solid WR, not a star #1 guy, but a good compliment.
    By the way, I brought up Wade because it took him five years to have and average season. Troy's only played three. Plus I recall Wade have a knock on him of not being able to hold on to the ball. But I don't recall any fumbles this year.
    In reverse...

Wade was a special teamer for his early career.
    Pretty much all he did was return kicks.
    He saw very limited action on offense.
    This season, playing a LOT on offense, he put up OK numbers, but he is what he is, a possession guy with some speed that won't frighten anybody.
    The thing is, we knew that when we got him.
    Anyone who expected him to be otherwise was - to be polite - overly optimistic.

Williamson was brought here to be "The Guy".
    He has had numerous opportunities to be "The Guy".
    He hasn't measured up.

In fact, in 11 games, he only managed to get to #7 on OUR list...and that's on a receiver corps with no clear stand out guys.
    By way of comparrison, Sydney Rice played in only two more games, yet had almost double Williamson's numbers.

So, what does Williamson offer us?
    Nothing.
    Any idea of "potential" should have long been abandoned as this guy has repeatedly shown that he simply cannot perform at this level.
    So, aside from throwing money at a guy who gives nothing in return, why keep him?
    So he can teach the other receivers how to bounce passes off their chests?

As for FA receivers, you're right, most of the top guys won't come here.
    We don't have the kind of offense receivers love, and we don't have the QB receivers want to build their careers on.
    But the other truth is that even some of the 2nd and 3rd tier guys are better than Williamson.
    And, unlike Troy, they have demonstrated that by being at least moderately productive in roles that afforded them much less opportunity than Troy had.

So, again, why keep him?
    Because he MIGHT contribute?
    If that were the case, no one would ever be cut.
    After his disasterous 2006 season, we gave Troy the benefit of the doubt.
    When he went to Nike, we hoped his problems were solved.
    2007 showed us that they weren't.
    We've now wasted 3 years on this guy.
    He has gladly cashed those fat NFL checks, but he hasn't produced any fat NFL caliber numbers to justify them.

You're right, we completely disagree on the ehart of the matter.
    I have ZERO faith in Williamson.
    I backed him until he got the dropsies.
    I gave him a pass after the vision center.
    Now, baring an intervention from God himself, my confidence that Troy will EVER be a productive part of this team is absolute zero.

Cut him.

Caine

In reverse...

This season, playing a LOT on offense, he put up OK numbers, but he is what he is, a possession guy with some speed that won't frighten anybody.

He hasn't measured up.

In fact, in 11 games, he only managed to get to #7 on OUR list...and that's on a receiver corps with no clear stand out guys.
    By way of comparrison, Sydney Rice played in only two more games, yet had almost double Williamson's numbers.

Nothing.
    Any idea of "potential" should have long been abandoned as this guy has repeatedly shown that he simply cannot perform at this level.
    So, aside from throwing money at a guy who gives nothing in return, why keep him?

We don't have the kind of offense receivers love, and we don't have the QB receivers want to build their careers on.
    But the other truth is that even some of the 2nd and 3rd tier guys are better than Williamson.
    And, unlike Troy, they have demonstrated that by being at least moderately productive in roles that afforded them much less opportunity than Troy had.

So, again, why keep him?
    He has gladly cashed those fat NFL checks, but he hasn't produced any fat NFL caliber numbers to justify them.

Now, baring an intervention from God himself, my confidence that Troy will EVER be a productive part of this team is absolute zero.

Cut him.

Caine

Yeah....I guess we are left to wait and see what the staff decides his worth to the team is. I predict him being here for 08. Of course, I also said there was no way they ever trade Moss....so I could be wrong.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Well, right now TWill isn't worth a 7th round pick.
    May as well give him one more Training Camp to see if he can pull his hands out of his buttocks...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"mountainviking" wrote:
    May as well give him one more Training Camp to see if he can pull his hands out of his buttocks...
    I think T-Will is worth 3 coolers of Gatorade and 5 sets of handwarmers... that's all we're getting for him.

Fire Childress.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

This is all I'm saying. I agree.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    In reverse...

He hasn't measured up.

Nothing.

So, again, why keep him?

Cut him.

Caine
    Again this post made my day ;D.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast