Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Childress

  1. #81
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Childress

    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    ....Tarvaris is progressing and he's only played 15 full games.
    Without the benefit of sitting on the bench and learning for three years like Rodgers.
    Thrown into the fire, we'll see how he continues, but I have definitely seen improvements and I definitely see plenty of room for more improvement.
    No time to panic.

    Right there man
    Tjack optimism, all right! I'm tired of fending off the Booty calls.

    haha yah

    Ive been fighting the good fight with you buddy

    I strongly believe he did good things in the GB
    game and has shown much improvment

    He isnt progressing as fast as some want (I get frustrated at times too) but know you need more then 15 starts to do what people think he needs to

  2. #82
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Childress

    "V4L" wrote:
    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    ....Tarvaris is progressing and he's only played 15 full games.
    Without the benefit of sitting on the bench and learning for three years like Rodgers.
    Thrown into the fire, we'll see how he continues, but I have definitely seen improvements and I definitely see plenty of room for more improvement.
    No time to panic.

    Right there man
    Tjack optimism, all right! I'm tired of fending off the Booty calls.

    haha yah

    Ive been fighting the good fight with you buddy

    I strongly believe he did good things in the GB
    game and has shown much improvment

    He isnt progressing as fast as some want (I get frustrated at times too) but know you need more then 15 starts to do what people think he needs to
    Thats certainly the way I felt, I didn't expect Tarvaris to come out throwing like McNabb or Peyton and I know there are still growing pains to be had and I expect them.

    What we want to avoid is High Interception numbers that could loose us games. He needs to use his dump offs more often, it took Culpepper awhile to start doing this but once he did it really helped his numbers. Moe Williams was Killer for him. Tarvaris is still growing and fans are impatient but he must put some W's on the board and like Caine said eventually become the "Man". I think tightening things up on specail teams and not self destructing on a couple plays defensively will give him a better chance to win games. The Accuracy must improve but it wasn't long ago Fans were down on both McNabb and Eli Manning for inaccurate throws. He will improve he's yet to prove otherwise.

  3. #83
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Childress

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=47779.msg835104#msg835104 date=1221246907]
    ....Tarvaris is progressing and he's only played 15 full games.
    Without the benefit of sitting on the bench and learning for three years like Rodgers.
    Thrown into the fire, we'll see how he continues, but I have definitely seen improvements and I definitely see plenty of room for more improvement.
    No time to panic.

    Right there man
    Tjack optimism, all right! I'm tired of fending off the Booty calls.

    haha yah

    Ive been fighting the good fight with you buddy

    I strongly believe he did good things in the GB
    game and has shown much improvment

    He isnt progressing as fast as some want (I get frustrated at times too) but know you need more then 15 starts to do what people think he needs to
    Thats certainly the way I felt, I didn't expect Tarvaris to come out throwing like McNabb or Peyton and I know there are still growing pains to be had and I expect them.

    What we want to avoid is High Interception numbers that could loose us games. He needs to use his dump offs more often, it took Culpepper awhile to start doing this but once he did it really helped his numbers. Moe Williams was Killer for him. Tarvaris is still growing and fans are impatient but he must put some W's on the board and like Caine said eventually become the "Man". I think tightening things up on specail teams and not self destructing on a couple plays defensively will give him a better chance to win games. The Accuracy must improve but it wasn't long ago Fans were down on both McNabb and Eli Manning for inaccurate throws. He will improve he's yet to prove otherwise.
    [/quote]


    Preach on brotha!

  4. #84
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Childress

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    ...but it wasn't long ago Fans were down on both McNabb and Eli Manning for inaccurate throws. He will improve he's yet to prove otherwise.
    Toward the end of last season many Jints fans were calling for Eli's head.
    The norm is for fans to be mentally retarded, letting emotions override any form of logic.
    I guess that makes it fun.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #85
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Childress

    Well, fans also have the tendency to call whatever they favor "logic", whereas, whatever the other guy is arguing for is "emotion".

    One could say that the devotion to Tarvaris and/or Childress is also emotion, and that to go in a new direction is "logic".

    I personally don't think that bringing in a new system and then imposing it on a team and saying "damn the torpedos, this is about the system" is maybe a f***ed up form of emotion.

  6. #86
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Childress

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Well, fans also have the tendency to call whatever they favor "logic", whereas, whatever the other guy is arguing for is "emotion".

    One could say that the devotion to Tarvaris and/or Childress is also emotion, and that to go in a new direction is "logic".
    Or, one could say that a QB that has started 15 games still has time to develop.
    Or one could say that Childress has this season before making him walk the plank.
    Or one could say that apple grandes are better than totinos pizzas.
    Or one could say that illogical drivel is logical.
    One could say many things.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #87
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Childress

    The Vikings should have let the Packers hire Childress.
    >

  8. #88
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Childress


  9. #89
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Childress

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Well, fans also have the tendency to call whatever they favor "logic", whereas, whatever the other guy is arguing for is "emotion".

    One could say that the devotion to Tarvaris and/or Childress is also emotion, and that to go in a new direction is "logic".
    Or, one could say that a QB that has started 15 games still has time to develop.
    Or one could say that Childress has this season before making him walk the plank.
    Or one could say that apple grandes are better than totinos pizzas.
    Or one could say that illogical drivel is logical.
    One could say many things.
    thats just silly, everyone knows that Totinos pizzas are better
    ;D

    Thanks josdin00

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. FBI is looking for Childress
    By skum in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
  2. Could Childress Win with A QB?
    By MaxVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 12:00 PM
  3. Childress - His way, like it or not
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 02:08 PM
  4. How is Childress doing?
    By theman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 05:03 PM
  5. Videos: Childress on character & Childress talks draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 12:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •