Thread: Childress

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    ....Tarvaris is progressing and he's only played 15 full games.
    Without the benefit of sitting on the bench and learning for three years like Rodgers.
    Thrown into the fire, we'll see how he continues, but I have definitely seen improvements and I definitely see plenty of room for more improvement.
    No time to panic.

Right there man
    Tjack optimism, all right! I'm tired of fending off the Booty calls.

haha yah

Ive been fighting the good fight with you buddy

I strongly believe he did good things in the GB
    game and has shown much improvment

He isnt progressing as fast as some want (I get frustrated at times too) but know you need more then 15 starts to do what people think he needs to

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Without the benefit of sitting on the bench and learning for three years like Rodgers.
    Thrown into the fire, we'll see how he continues, but I have definitely seen improvements and I definitely see plenty of room for more improvement.
    No time to panic.

Right there man

haha yah

He isnt progressing as fast as some want (I get frustrated at times too) but know you need more then 15 starts to do what people think he needs to
    Thats certainly the way I felt, I didn't expect Tarvaris to come out throwing like McNabb or Peyton and I know there are still growing pains to be had and I expect them.

What we want to avoid is High Interception numbers that could loose us games. He needs to use his dump offs more often, it took Culpepper awhile to start doing this but once he did it really helped his numbers. Moe Williams was Killer for him. Tarvaris is still growing and fans are impatient but he must put some W's on the board and like Caine said eventually become the "Man". I think tightening things up on specail teams and not self destructing on a couple plays defensively will give him a better chance to win games. The Accuracy must improve but it wasn't long ago Fans were down on both McNabb and Eli Manning for inaccurate throws. He will improve he's yet to prove otherwise.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=47779.msg835104#msg835104 date=1221246907]
    No time to panic.

Right there man

haha yah

Thats certainly the way I felt, I didn't expect Tarvaris to come out throwing like McNabb or Peyton and I know there are still growing pains to be had and I expect them.

What we want to avoid is High Interception numbers that could loose us games. He needs to use his dump offs more often, it took Culpepper awhile to start doing this but once he did it really helped his numbers. Moe Williams was Killer for him. Tarvaris is still growing and fans are impatient but he must put some W's on the board and like Caine said eventually become the "Man". I think tightening things up on specail teams and not self destructing on a couple plays defensively will give him a better chance to win games. The Accuracy must improve but it wasn't long ago Fans were down on both McNabb and Eli Manning for inaccurate throws. He will improve he's yet to prove otherwise.
    [/quote]

Preach on brotha!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    ...but it wasn't long ago Fans were down on both McNabb and Eli Manning for inaccurate throws. He will improve he's yet to prove otherwise.
    Toward the end of last season many Jints fans were calling for Eli's head.
    The norm is for fans to be mentally retarded, letting emotions override any form of logic.
    I guess that makes it fun.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Well, fans also have the tendency to call whatever they favor "logic", whereas, whatever the other guy is arguing for is "emotion".

One could say that the devotion to Tarvaris and/or Childress is also emotion, and that to go in a new direction is "logic".

I personally don't think that bringing in a new system and then imposing it on a team and saying "damn the torpedos, this is about the system" is maybe a f***ed up form of emotion.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Well, fans also have the tendency to call whatever they favor "logic", whereas, whatever the other guy is arguing for is "emotion".

One could say that the devotion to Tarvaris and/or Childress is also emotion, and that to go in a new direction is "logic".
    Or, one could say that a QB that has started 15 games still has time to develop.
    Or one could say that Childress has this season before making him walk the plank.
    Or one could say that apple grandes are better than totinos pizzas.
    Or one could say that illogical drivel is logical.
    One could say many things.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikings should have let the Packers hire Childress.
    >

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Or, one could say that a QB that has started 15 games still has time to develop.
    Or one could say that Childress has this season before making him walk the plank.
    Or one could say that apple grandes are better than totinos pizzas.
    Or one could say that illogical drivel is logical.
    One could say many things.
    thats just silly, everyone knows that Totinos pizzas are better
    ;D

Thanks josdin00

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789