Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Childress

Re: Childress

"StillPurple" wrote:
    BTW, the Chiefs are going to let Tyler Thigpen into some games at QB in the next 2-4 weeks. Was he also "too old for the system" ? (he is 25).
    Those are two different scenarios. We tried to sneak Thigpen onto our practice squad, since he was relatively unknown and we thought we would be able to do it with no problems. The Chiefs claimed him off waivers. We didn’t cut him, he was taken from us.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I am not talking about just this last game. Look at the last 5 games AP has played in: he has been taken out of the game. They insist on running AP off-tackle. I personally don't remember screen passes to AP in the Packers game. Did I just miss those 5 screens we attempted to Peterson ?

My problem is exactly what you mentioned: whenever anyone questions Chilly, he talks about "the system". It is his go-to excuse that he constantly uses.

Football on any level is about getting the best players into the best situations and making adjustments constantly. Not about saying "the system will work [long term]". As economist John M. Keynes wrote, "in the long term, we are all dead".
    Personally I like this line of his:

"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking. "

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I am not talking about just this last game. Look at the last 5 games AP has played in: he has been taken out of the game. They insist on running AP off-tackle. I personally don't remember screen passes to AP in the Packers game. Did I just miss those 5 screens we attempted to Peterson ?

My problem is exactly what you mentioned: whenever anyone questions Chilly, he talks about "the system". It is his go-to excuse that he constantly uses.

Football on any level is about getting the best players into the best situations and making adjustments constantly. Not about saying "the system will work [long term]". As economist John M. Keynes wrote, "in the long term, we are all dead".

"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking. "
    How about, “Americans are apt to be unduly interested in discovering what average opinion believes average opinion to be.”

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Jim" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

How about, “Americans are apt to be unduly interested in discovering what average opinion believes average opinion to be.”
    That is probably #2.

Not his but how about:

"There is no such thing as a free lunch"

All Day is offline Training Camp

Tice was pathetic. I try to black that time period out of my memory...

Childress has been pretty pathetic as well but i do not blame him for getting rid of Brad Johnson becausehe is 90 and would never start on another team in the NFL. Wiggins was good but he was also old and we got VS who has pretty big upside and its not childress's fault he cannot come up with clutch catches.. So if VS would do what he should be doing then the whole wiggins thing wouldnt even be mentioned.

I would like to see more passes thrown to Peterson.

TJack.. This was what his 17th start in the NFL? What other option did childress have? I wouldnt have wanted another whole year of BJohnson he wasnt cutting it anyway. Who did tjack have to pass to last year? Wade was ok last year but he doesnt stack up anywhere near any other teams number 1. Sidney Rice is going to be a beast but he did not even get to play that much to start last season.

I dont remember anyone saying Tyler Thigpen was too old for the system and i dont really understand the arguement about him at all.. If you are complaining about giving tjack the starting job then the cheifs fans should be real mad if they are going to let Thigpen play. He came from a school that he was the first QB to ever play for them because it was such a small school they just recently got a football team. So if tjack wasnt ready for the NFL i wouldnt doubt he was even farther off. If we can get the receivers to catch now that there are some real options berrian and rice then i think alot of people are going to be changing their minds about tjack.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Jim" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

How about "A picture is worth 1,000 words and you just said 10 words.
    So do you want credit or just bank you 1/100th of a picture now?"

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Jim" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

That is probably #2.

Not his but how about:

"There is no such thing as a free lunch"
    Milton Friedman was the man!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Am I the only one who hates thread titles with nothing more mentioned than just a name?

For God's sake! At least put a description in the title of what the thread is about so we can at least decide to open it or pass it by.

There's probably already a thread started bashing Childress.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

It doens't need much of a title when StillPurple is posting we all know what he's about. IMO its a bit premature to throw Childress out the door unless you feel very confident he's getting ready to lead this team to an average or below average record. The problem I have with all the coaching staff bashing would be in due to the fact that players play and the coaches coach. Was it Brad Childress's fault that Kluwe kicked a line drive returned for a TD? Or that EJ Henderson got overseles on the Grant run? How about the way the refs performed? Fact of the matter is we got to much premature bashing going on this week, everyone wanted to win that game but we must understand there are 15 games to go and most importantly we get to rematch the Packers in our house.

Now I will say that if Childress's team stays healthy and underperforms there is an obvious issue but I don't see it headed in that direction, I'm gonna give it some time. I think a big win against the Colts this weak could start us off in the right direction, if not we got an uphill battle. In the End the results of this season will likely tell the story but I'm not about to bet against them.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Jim" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

The reason you don't remember the screen pass in the Packers' game is it didn't work. It resulted in a loss of yards.

And while I love the fact that you quoted Keynes, it isn't applicable here. Childress is best at teaching his system, that is why it's his system. It doesn't make sense for him to teach players a system he himself doesn't know. And I would hope that Childress would be able to impliment his system before I die...if not that would be pretty depressing.
    They ran a screen to the middle of the field. Possible the dumbest play in ever play book.
    You use the screen to suck players to 1 side of the feild. If you rn it be hind the center....players are not
    on either side of the field and you are hoping to throw over the DL. Lets get Andy Reid ready.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast