Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: Childress: The 12 men on the field fiasco

"ejmat" wrote:
    My question is:
    Since when is a penalty challengeable?
    Evidently this is a legal challenge but why is that penalty okay when no other is?
    NO Shit!!
    Penalties aren't challengable!!
    WTF?
    AND, if that play never happened, why couldn't we challenge the one before it with the catch out of bounds????
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    My question is:
    Evidently this is a legal challenge but why is that penalty okay when no other is?
    Certain penalties that are clearly seen on tape that are not judgement calls (such as 12 men on the field) were always challengeable.

Does anyone know if the Redskins substituded before the fumble?
    If so, Childress is correct that the Skins need to give the Vikings and opportunity to substitute.

The announcers said they didn't, but Childress claims to have film that they did.

Did we have 12 on? We did. But they changed personnel. The video is going to show that, and it's irritating as hell."
    I guess we will see.
    If they are allowed to review for 12 men on the field we should be allowed to review for substitution.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Eyedea" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    My question is:
    Certain penalties that are clearly seen on tape that are not judgement calls (such as 12 men on the field) were always challengeable.

If so, Childress is correct that the Skins need to give the Vikings and opportunity to substitute.

I hope Chilly gets to comment on this in his Press Confrence....I think what he was trying to show the refs on film is the fact that the Skins did change up someone on the quick snap play......And therefore, we had the right to change up also.
    I'de like to see where the reciever went on that play, the WR that caught the pass.
    Not so sure he had time to get back to the line....i"m guessing he stayed on the side line and someone else came in off the bench who was closer to the O at that time.....

But he should have thrown the red flag on that play, it was a very crucial first down against us...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    My question is:

I hope Chilly gets to comment on this in his Press Confrence....I think what he was trying to show the refs on film is the fact that the Skins did change up someone on the quick snap play......And therefore, we had the right to change up also.

I'de like to see where the reciever went on that play, the WR that caught the pass.
    Not so sure he had time to get back to the line....i"m guessing he stayed on the side line and someone else came in off the bench who was closer to the O at that time.....

But he should have thrown the red flag on that play, it was a very crucial first down against us...
    Watching the replay, it looked like a good catch. His right foot was downn & it looked like he dragged the left.

I'm going to go back & watch the replay on my DVR & see if I can see a substitution.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

After watching the replay in slo-mo, it appeared that Moss was back on the field for the play, but I couldn't see any substitution prior to that because they were showing the replay of the play before & then that damn peacock was blocking the picture full screen as they faded into the play.

Childress was livid though & pointing to a picture he held in his hand, but the ref wouldn't look at it.

Probably the same referee who was getting a massage on the Redskins bench by the Redskins medical staff earlier in the game.
    :P

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    After watching the replay in slo-mo, it appeared that Moss was back on the field for the play, but I couldn't see any substitution prior to that because they were showing the replay of the play before & then that damn peacock was blocking the picture full screen as they faded into the play.

Childress was livid though & pointing to a picture he held in his hand, but the ref wouldn't look at it.

Probably the same referee who was getting a massage on the Redskins bench by the Redskins medical staff earlier in the game.
    :P
    Good point.
    It was a Viking home game.
    Why wouldn't it be the Viking trainers doing that as a bribe?

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    My question is:

Watching the replay, it looked like a good catch. His right foot was downn & it looked like he dragged the left.

I'm going to go back & watch the replay on my DVR & see if I can see a substitution.
    I am glad thsi was mentioned. it seemed that the play was challanged by Chilly about the catch, but was denied becaue they ran a play, and became a mute point anyways because we recovered the fumble. So the fact that we actually did challange the play of the catch was not challanged by Chilly because we thought, and should of had the ball. from what I can tell by lookibng at the replay is that it was not a catch.
    Did it make a difference on the game? possibly, but we should of also not been in that postion in the first place.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the fact of the matter is, the officials shouldve gotten the call right the first time..moss didnt completely control the ball with both feet inbounds..forget the fumble that happened or the 12th man penalty..the fact is, it shouldve 3rd and long around their own 20 yard line because he didnt make that catch

every call in this game that was questionable, the redskins were given the benefit of the doubt..moss's catch was easily OB, sellers wasnt in for a TD while the ref was standing right there, and it looked to me like richardsons chest was completely over the goalline, but you couldnt see the ball cuz it was in his hands but common sense says the ball was out..these refs gotta grow some balls for a change, and stop being afraid to make the right call
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    My question is:

I am glad thsi was mentioned. it seemed that the play was challanged by Chilly about the catch, but was denied becaue they ran a play, and became a mute point anyways because we recovered the fumble. So the fact that we actually did challange the play of the catch was not challanged by Chilly because we thought, and should of had the ball. from what I can tell by lookibng at the replay is that it was not a catch.
    Did it make a difference on the game? possibly, but we should of also not been in that postion in the first place.
    Childress never challenged the pass play. He had his hand on the flag & was watching the replay as the Skins quickly got the play off.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    My question is:
    this is exactly what i said..im still pissed that chilly got schooled by a coach that doesnt even read the rulebook! (calling 2 straight TO's? what a senile old man)..well that senile old man is still 10 times smarter than our guy
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast