Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chicago bears

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Chicago bears

I don't know guys, I love the NFC north and while primarily a Vikings fan I like to see the bears and lions and the pack win. The days of the black and blue when everyone feared to play the NFC central. Now that's awesome!
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Chicago bears

Those days may return over the next couple years bigdog...

I have no love for any of the other three division teams but I always did respect them as a part of that "black and blue" rivalry. Seeing the division as a whole be so terrible these last couple years has pissed me off and although I want the Vikings to dominate, I would rather see them win in a respectable division than one with no competition at all. Looking at how things have gone this offseason though I would say we are in for some good games this year.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Chicago bears

"ndakvikefan" wrote:
    VKG4LIFE, I too hate the BEARS almost as much as the Packers, but to say Brian Urlacher is overrated is just insane. Have you ever seen him play??????? I bet thier is not a viking fan on this earth that would not love to see him in purple. Next to Ray Lewis there is not a better LB at running down the ball sideline to sideline. His numbers were inflated because of the 2 mounds of human flesh in the middle which kept anyone from running up the middle and left him to roam, but to run down RB around the outside time after time is pretty impressive.
    I agree, sideline to sideline, Urlacher is great. It's when he has to go at the line of scrimmage that he has a problem. He has not yet shown the ability to shed blocks in order to get to the runner in the backfield. You're not going to get by the guy on a sweep, but you can run right up the gut at him, and get by him. His first season, he had two of the biggest defensive tackles to ever play together in front of him; Keith Traylor, and Ted Washington. (Washington was on the Pats last year. His ring size was 17.5, Traylor was the Lineman that almost returned that interception for a TD down the sideline in their 2001 game against Jacksonville. Then he sat out the rest of the game to catch his breath.) Urlacher is a good LB, and I wouldn't mind having him on the Vikings. However, Bears fans, and the NFL media contingent had annointed him as the next Butkis, or the next Singletary, and that he is not. That's why he is over-rated.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Chicago bears

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    I don't know guys, I love the NFC north and while primarily a Vikings fan I like to see the bears and lions and the pack win. The days of the black and blue when everyone feared to play the NFC central. Now that's awesome!
    Those days are returning.......give it a couple years.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345