Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chester Taylor not as steady as Tiki Barber

"singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Sat, Oct. 28, 2006

[size=13pt]Taylor not as steady as veteran Barber[/size]

Chester Taylor has one BIG run of 95 yards on Sunday, and some people want to label him already as the 2006 NFL "rushing king" favorite? It's only his first year as a regular starter, and that 95-yard run against Seattle leapfrogged him from 10th to 2nd place. He's still behind the experienced and steady rushing Tiki Barber, who averages 5.0 yards per carry despite lower, longest-run stats than Taylor's 4.3 yards per carry.

Barber's longest runs for his 6 games are 22, 9, 14, 18, 29 and 18 while Taylor tallied 10, 33, 24, 11, 28 and 95. It's also Barber's final year of playing (so he and his team will want to go out in style), and the Giants have a more favorable schedule than the Vikings the rest of the way.

Dennis from Eagan

Answer for Dennis from Eagan.

You pinhead!
    Nobody I have talked to in the Twin Cities has said that they expect him to be the NFL leading rusher at the end of the season, and just because you have Tiki on your fantasy team and you want to have his children doesn't mean that people are saying that!
    What people are saying is that it is nice to have a steady running game, and that it is helping our offense!

So to Dennis just because you assume things doesn't mean they are true, and don't project them to other people!
    And if you want to get into Tiki's panties that bad then write him and proclaim your love for him, but other than that shut up and go stick your head up you a$$!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Let's analyze those 6 longest carries side by side & in order. Not jumbled like in the article;

Taylor....Barber
    10............ 9
    ---............---
    106..........110 (Totals w/o Taylor's 95 yarder)
    201..........110 (Totals with the 95 yarder)

Taylor has out distanced Barber on all but 1 of his top 6.

Taylor had gained almost as much with his top 5 runs (minus the 95 yarder) than Tiki did in his top 6.

While Barber averages 0.7 yards more per carry, I'll take Taylor over Barber. There seems to be more potential to gain bigger chunks & more total yards with Taylor.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Sat, Oct. 28, 2006

[size=13pt]Taylor not as steady as veteran Barber[/size]

Chester Taylor has one BIG run of 95 yards on Sunday, and some people want to label him already as the 2006 NFL "rushing king" favorite? It's only his first year as a regular starter, and that 95-yard run against Seattle leapfrogged him from 10th to 2nd place. He's still behind the experienced and steady rushing Tiki Barber, who averages 5.0 yards per carry despite lower, longest-run stats than Taylor's 4.3 yards per carry.

Barber's longest runs for his 6 games are 22, 9, 14, 18, 29 and 18 while Taylor tallied 10, 33, 24, 11, 28 and 95. It's also Barber's final year of playing (so he and his team will want to go out in style), and the Giants have a more favorable schedule than the Vikings the rest of the way.

Dennis from Eagan
    Who is labeling TAYLOR as the rushing king?
    He had a nice run and is having a solid season.

We are excited for his & the Vikings success so far . . . did I miss something here?

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

With all that being said, I would take Chester Taylor over Tiki Barber right now.. I am not just saying this because I am a Viking fan.. Chester Taylor plays stronger as the game goes on, he has had a few long runs that have set his team up in a good position, and has some rushing TD's, whereas Tiki Barber doesn't have any TD's..

You also have to remember another thing,
    this is Taylor's first season as a starter.. He is playing on a different team, with different players, a different offense, and different coaches.. Where Tiki Barber is known already, Chester Taylor is just now proving that he is a every down back, and that he will be a force for many years to come..

Now on the last note, Tiki Barber is retiring after this season.. Chester Taylor will be on the Vikes for at least the next 4 years.. If he continues to play like he has, he will retire a Viking.. So get ready and brace yourself for the future, because after this season, you will be hearing alot about Chester Taylor..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12