Blog Entries

Re: The Chester Taylor Mystery.....

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=45179.msg788362#msg788362 date=1212572766]

I hear ya and agree when it comes to getting physically fit.
    My issue is more centered around things like positional drills and working as a team not whether or not he has a strong workout regimen.

Most believe guys like Birk have been in the league long enough so that he isn't really missing anything during these "Voluntary" work outs.
    I on the other hand don't feel that way.

He struggled with the scheme last year.
    Any/all time he could spend with the coaches and his fellow teamates working on that, IMHO, are benificial regardless of how many probowls he's been to.
    And that is what the mandatory mini camps & training camps are for & why they have them.

The voluntary OTA's are more beneficial to the new players & coaches in that it is more of an orientation to them & it gives the coaches a chance to evaluate the new talent before the start of the mandatory camps.

With Birk or C-Tay not being there, it gives the coaches more of an opportunity to evaluate Mozes, Sullivan, Mattran & the other RB's.

I know you agreed with another poster that Birk is the closest thing to being a coach with his experience, but to cite your own words, "Players play & coaches coach".
    And Mentors mentor.

I am sure glad the majority of our mentors showed up to help the coaching staff out with these young, talented, eager to learn rookies.
    ;D
    You know, come to think of it, I seem to remember an ongoing debate last year on the quarterbacks and some people were saying that we should bring in an established vet to mentor TJ, but some guy was pretty adamant that it was the QB coach who was responsible for developing the young guy, not an older QB. I'll have to look that up and get the link ;D ;D ;D
    +1
    I need to start adding the "Sarcasim" note everytime I am being sarcastic.
    ;D
    [/quote]

is there any other way to be?

"KevinK" wrote:

As I think of the possible drama the Vikings face this season, it worries me most that Chester wants out of the purple uniform.
    I know that mostly every team in the league has veteran holdouts but AD and the other teamates probably question his motives.
    I believe that Chester is a huge insurance policy for AD but I also think we need him for that third down back. So I bring the question to you PPO'ers..... Do you think in your gut feeling that Chester will concede and except his role as a non-starter and hope he just wants the Superbowl ring? Or does he feel like he wants the starting job someplace else and feels no loyalty to the team who sat him? I mean if you signed that deal, would you hold out if you were him?

I would also ask what you feel is a bigger "POTENTIAL" problem for the Vikings:

1. Chester Taylor's hold out?

2. Matt Birk's holdout?

3. BMac's trial in Florida, possible season suspension?

4. Brad Childress just not being a good coach?

5. Jarred Allen's potential alcohol mishaps? (I hope he hires a driver!)

PS..... Im not including the TJACK's performance as an option for biggest problem. We all know that his role counts most but Im not counting that as a problem right now

mine is brad being a bad coach

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"vikings4life33" wrote:
    Amen, Brother... but come on, he's actually done a pretty damn good job of rebuilding our team and making it respectable again (referencing the 2 years in a row we missed our draft pick and the Sex Boat scandal...). I might be the biggest Childress hater on this board, but I say let's give the guy a chance this year...

For some reason, I just have a feeling like he'll get it done. I'm truly excited for this season, and it's been a long time as a Vikings fan I've been able to say that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    Amen, Brother... but come on, he's actually done a pretty gol 'darnit good job of rebuilding our team and making it respectable again (referencing the 2 years in a row we missed our draft pick and the Sex Boat scandal...). I might be the biggest Childress hater on this board, but I say let's give the guy a chance this year...

For some reason, I just have a feeling like he'll get it done. I'm truly excited for this season, and it's been a long time as a Vikings fan I've been able to say that.
    Your scaring me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    Amen, Brother... but come on, he's actually done a pretty gol 'darnit good job of rebuilding our team and making it respectable again (referencing the 2 years in a row we missed our draft pick and the Sex Boat scandal...). I might be the biggest Childress hater on this board, but I say let's give the guy a chance this year...

Your scaring me.
    LOL, me too.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    Amen, Brother... but come on, he's actually done a pretty damn good job of rebuilding our team and making it respectable again (referencing the 2 years in a row we missed our draft pick and the Sex Boat scandal...). I might be the biggest Childress hater on this board, but I say let's give the guy a chance this year...

Childress didn't rebuild the team. Spielman, Bryzzy and the scouting staff did that. They gave him the talent he wanted and now his job will be to take that talent and coach it to victory. Hopefully he has the stuff to do it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:

Childress didn't rebuild the team. Spielman, Bryzzy and the scouting staff did that. They gave him the talent he wanted and now his job will be to take that talent and coach it to victory. Hopefully he has the stuff to do it.
    Yep

Marrdro was so shocked by CmacD's comment, he slipped the "he's actually done a pretty damn good job of rebuilding our team" right past Marrdro.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:

Yep

Marrdro was so shocked by CmacD's comment, he slipped the "he's actually done a pretty gol 'darnit good job of rebuilding our team" right past Marrdro.
    well 2 be completly accurate whould it be Spielman finding the talent to fit into bchill's scheme based on criteria provided by Bchill and crew?

and Bryzzy building the contracts, and deals that got those talents found by spielman and co to our roster?

so.. Bchill did have a certain level of say as far as WHAT he was looking for and What talents he wanted inside of those player models he gave Rick.

"C" wrote:
    I might be the biggest Childress hater on this board, but I say let's give the guy a chance this year...
    and.. wow!!! i 2 am shocked!!!
    welcome to the bandwagon!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:

Yep

Marrdro was so shocked by CmacD's comment, he slipped the "he's actually done a pretty gol 'darnit good job of rebuilding our team" right past Marrdro.
    Naw, I'm just tired of jumping up and down off of that soap box.
    At somepoint you just give up trying to correct people.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678